Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Did you get your Vette out in the NW sun Saturday?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:00 AM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Did you get your Vette out in the NW sun Saturday?

It was a gorgeous day for a drive today! I took the hardtop off after having it on since about November, gassed up the old Corvette & headed South to Tacoma. It was leather coat and sunglasses weather ! The views of Mt. Rainer were perfect. I didn't see any other Corvettes, but lots of Harely's were out. How about you? Did you get your Vette out on this sunny Saturday?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
mixermike
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Renee and i put 450 miles on the vette yesterday.we went south on 5 to the columbia river and headed east on 14 along the river. north on 97 through Goldendale,Toppenish and Yakima to 90. then west to Cle Elum to visit with Renee's folks, we went out for dinner.we got home about 8 o clock last night.the sun was out, the scenery was good.it was avery good day
Old 03-07-2010, 10:54 AM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

No, but the spousal unit and I got our Harleys out all day for some excercise! Beautiful day!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Default Yes, indeed

Took the Vette from Puyallup up to Renton, where the Pantera club had a session going on rebuilding the Pantera steering rack. Got mine rebuilt for a total cost of $ 40.00, and did the work myself. There were some nice Panteras and one nice Z06 (mine) there. It was a good day with pizza for when we were finished.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Took the GT40 to the Redmond Town Center for a car gtg. Lots of beautiful cars there. Later on I took the GT40 and my son took the vette to a cub scout pine wood derby for display. It was very cool eventing.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Mark Battersby
Racer

It was a stunning day! Hope to head out this morning, take my 9yo daughter for a drive to xxx in daddys new "race car" lol....

Let's hope the sun holds out :-)
Old 03-07-2010, 12:36 PM
rwarhol
Racer

Myself and two other vettes jumped on the Mukilteo ferry yesterday, drove up Whidbey island, saw a couple other vettes came back to Laconner, down I-5 and back home GREAT TRIP!
Old 03-07-2010, 01:41 PM
PJRed2008
Pro

I was out and about in the local area. Got a thumbs down from a 30-something in a new red 4-door (egad!) Daytona retrowannabe, had an early 70s behemoth something or other try to gas me with his smelly dual exhaust and, of course, everybody with a Mustang or Civic wanted to race.

Typical day
Old 03-07-2010, 01:56 PM
tdonlin
Instructor

Went to Safeway, does that count? Didn't think so. Also swung by the coffee shop where my daughter works at to say hi. Wife had me doing all sorts of yard work. Told her the next nice saturday I have off, I'm heading to the coast for some driving and pics.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

A bunch of us (7 cars) from Willamette Valley Corvettes took a drive through Salem, Corvallis, Philomath, Waldport, ending up in Florence for lunch at Bliss's Hot Rod Grill. Afterwards we headed up 101 to Heceta Head Lighthouse and took the tour.

Finally ended up in Silverton for a late dinner at City Thai. 320 miles later, we ended up back home.

What a great day!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:25 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I drove to work
Old 03-07-2010, 03:02 PM
884fun
Pro

Originally Posted by KenHorse
A bunch of us (7 cars) from Willamette Valley Corvettes took a drive through Salem, Corvallis, Philomath, Waldport, ending up in Florence for lunch at Bliss's Hot Rod Grill. Afterwards we headed up 101 to Heceta Head Lighthouse and took the tour.

Finally ended up in Silverton for a late dinner at City Thai. 320 miles later, we ended up back home.

What a great day!
Audrey and I were in the Jag going to Florance on Rt 126. and were passed by a line of C5's & C6's (heading east). The group looked good! A couple of minutes later was one lone M.Red C5 that looked good too!
Old 03-07-2010, 03:47 PM
mikelmco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wife and I went up to North Bend. great day for a cruise.
Mike
Old 03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 185 Posts

Well I drove it a bit, but spent most of my time cleaning the interior........but I did that out in the sun

Today was a clean up of the engine bay
Old 03-07-2010, 04:27 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Nope didn't make it out yesterday as I was out snowmobiling but up in the mountains it was a postcard clear and sunny day where I was.

I did just get back from a brief trip down valley to Carlton and back taking the west valley road down and Hwy 153 back to Twisp. It was 48 degs and the high thin overcast has moved in from the coast and is limiting the amount of warmth the sun is generating. Forecast is for snow over here on Wed. and Thurs. now that the roads are starting to get semi decent except for dust and potholes.

I need to run over to Okanogan tomorrow morning so I'm hoping the front holds off till at least Mon. afternoon and I'll take the Vette and then wash the dust off when I get home before returning it to hibernate in the man cave till this snow BS moves through the area and spring returns. Got to love winters last gasp effort to become nasty. Thus far it's been a pretty wimpy winter over here in north central WA.

George
Twisp, WA
Old 03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Mark VerMurlen
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, had my Vette out both yesterday and today. Yesterday was just a beautiful day. Saw a couple of other Vettes out too. Although not as nice a day, the traffic seemed to be less today and I had more fun with the car.

- Mark
Old 03-07-2010, 07:21 PM
YNOT2K
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

unfortunately my vette spent saturday (and sunday) in the garage. but the fence around my back yard looks really good now (spent saturday fixing it up and sunday recuperating!)

there will be other sunny days soon (i hope!)

jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Did you get your Vette out in the NW sun Saturday?

Old 03-07-2010, 07:58 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

I sure did, if but for a trip to the Hydroplane Museum (shameless commerce plug here) Where I met up with Buzz and his lovely wife and spent the afternoon giving them the "cook's tour" of the place. There was so much going on and I was asked more than once to help with a couple projects, I nearly put my guests to work on the Blue Blaster.

Not a long cruise by any means, but just getting it out and driving it to my favorite place and to share it with a couple of other Corvette enthusiasts (who just happen to be knowledgeable about old race boats..) was about as close as it comes to a near-perfect day for me.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:49 PM
ZfidyONE-84
Melting Slicks

nope, but did get some work done on the travel trailer, and got new rear bump stops put in the truck, so now when i am pulling the trailer going camping i'm not bouncing ioff of them...(my truck is a little.... hows the saying... vertically challenged)
Old 03-08-2010, 02:04 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I made the drive from Issaquah to Fall City to Monroe (for a haircut). Beautiful day for driving, and lots of fun out on 203. Then over to Seattle to see the Calder exhibit at the SAM. I saw a couple of Vettes out. I can't wait until Summer actually gets here!

Quick Reply: Did you get your Vette out in the NW sun Saturday?