Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Rick Starks old shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:53 PM
peaklingtrucks
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick Starks old shop

If your familiar with kirkland wa and own a Corvette,then you'll know exactly who I'm talking about. Rick Stark sold hs shop in Kirkland two years ago to a fella dean I believe his name was,I went in a couple times and looked around because my buddy went there and was gonna give the new owners a shot.
Well aparently my buddy had his1966 Corvette in their shop now called Kirkland Classic Cars,and the engine that it went into the with,and he had sunk at least 12,000 into the engine,was removed and replaced with a old junker.I looked up all of it online because my buddy has it in court,and its a true story he's sueing them.won't go within a five mile square radius of that shop with my car.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM
ZZZZZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was never any good when Stark ("Mr. Personality") was there, and now it sounds even worse.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:36 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Gee, I hope there's something to this that we don't know. I'll defer to the OP until - if ever - we know more about what happened.

Frankly, I can't imagine that anyone running a business that caters to Corvettes - or any other "classic" car - would actually try to do something this incredibly stupid. Rick Stark certainly has his detractors, but I can't imagine doing anything like this.

I would think that anyone who put that much money into an enhanced engine would be looking under the hood more frequently than, say, I do with my Mazda. One might also think a shop catering to the trade would realize that and act accordingly. I mean, once the owner started and drove off in the car in question, you would think the difference would be instantly obvious.

I will await "The Rest of the Story" and hope there's more to it.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

Originally Posted by peaklingtrucks
If your familiar with kirkland wa and own a Corvette,then you'll know exactly who I'm talking about. Rick Stark sold hs shop in Kirkland two years ago to a fella dean I believe his name was,I went in a couple times and looked around because my buddy went there and was gonna give the new owners a shot.
Well aparently my buddy had his1966 Corvette in their shop now called Kirkland Classic Cars,and the engine that it went into the with,and he had sunk at least 12,000 into the engine,was removed and replaced with a old junker.I looked up all of it online because my buddy has it in court,and its a true story he's sueing them.won't go within a five mile square radius of that shop with my car.
I have a story about them too...

Last edited by Seattle C4; 09-27-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Darrin Lee
5th Gear

LOL guys, I was just wondering what happened to him, I worked for him in high school for a very short period of time.... now I'm at Speedway chev in Monroe. feel free to bring your vettes here, I'll take good care of em!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:10 PM
J W Drew
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I normally don't like to jump into a fray however, I felt I should introduce my experience with Kirkland Classic.
Three years ago, when I purchased my 85, I took it to this shop. Not being familiar with C4's, I asked them to inspect the car and fix whatever was wrong. They inspected and repaired items they found. This was (as they say) an open checkbook for them.
They did an excellent job and did not take advantage of me.
Although there are always two sides to a story, and the OP may be correct, I will have to remain neutral until all the facts are in.
The only problem I have with this shop, these days, they are so busy the wait is weeks.
Also, I might ad, the Shop Manager, Tim, has been with this shop for years and is great with regards to customer service and knowledge.
JW
Old 10-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Darrin Lee
5th Gear

well that is good news, good to see good things going on there!! things weren't so good when I was there, granted it was 25 years ago (damn)

Get notified of new replies

To Rick Starks old shop

Quick Reply: Rick Starks old shop