Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Renting a manual transmission car

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:07 AM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Renting a manual transmission car

Anyone know where I can rent one? In the greater Seattle area?

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

If you are just looking for a vehicle to teach someone how to drive a stick, you could try Rent A Wreck.

Maybe they have an older VW Beetle available.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:46 PM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Nah, it's for me. I drove a manual from 1979 through 1996, but am heading down to Spring Mountain in a couple of weeks so I thought I'd get some practice. Every time I've hopped into a car with a manual, I've had zero problems, but it doesn't hurt to get some practice in before I need to do the same at speeds I'm not normally used to.

I'm tempted to just buy a cheap old car for a couple of weeks and then sell it. I'm not sure I'd lose that much more money than renting one for a few days. Do you think?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Come on over to the house next Saturday morning, take the Cobalt for a few hours.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:28 AM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
Come on over to the house next Saturday morning, take the Cobalt for a few hours.
Thanks so much for the offer. Want to follow in the Corvette? It's loosened up considerably since you've driven it and feels like it's got probably 50 more HP.

Seriously, thanks, but I'm probably going to be doing some high RPM shifting and wouldn't want to do that to anyone's personal car. But the offer to drive the Corvette always stands.

Weren't you moving to the east coast? Is that not happening?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

House still hasn't sold yet. I refuse to drop the price into stupid range and I will not try to compete on price with all of the repossessed houses in the neighborhood. </rant >

I really do not think there is anything at all that you could do the Cobalt that I haven't already done 2 dozen times already. It's a toy and I abuse it like one. Really, take it, have a ball. Leave me the minivan in case someone needs to view the house and I need to get gone for half an hour. I normally get one or two visitors on Saturdays.

It can probably out pull the Vette off the line. :p
Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 PM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
House still hasn't sold yet. I refuse to drop the price into stupid range and I will not try to compete on price with all of the repossessed houses in the neighborhood. </rant >

I really do not think there is anything at all that you could do the Cobalt that I haven't already done 2 dozen times already. It's a toy and I abuse it like one. Really, take it, have a ball. Leave me the minivan in case someone needs to view the house and I need to get gone for half an hour. I normally get one or two visitors on Saturdays.

It can probably out pull the Vette off the line. :p
I will let you know if we'll get together for that. If so, I'll leave the Vette in case you need to make yourself scarce in a hurry!

We have a 2010 Rav4 AWD with 268 HP and there's no way, on a cold wet day, that the Corvette has any chance in an intersection drag race. The Rav runs a 6 second 0-60 in the dry OR wet - no difference to it at all. I don't know that I have the launch skills to get to 60 in under 6 seconds in those conditions.

Get notified of new replies

To Renting a manual transmission car

Quick Reply: Renting a manual transmission car