Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

NW swap meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 09:26 PM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fperra
Where do you park at this event? Is parking hard to find?
Parking is plentiful across the street. It's a huge lot, mostly gravel as I recall, just off Meridian.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:54 PM
billla
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Planning for Sunday now; I have a presentation to give at the MoF on Saturday.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

We'll be there early as a friend is trailering his '66 up so we're gonna help with manning the "booth". 'course I have some stuff to bring too

Cya all there!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Was there today. Found a few things. I found a solid Targa top for my C5 even the right color for $40. Has a scratch so I need to repaint it but it has all the hardware and seals. It's in good condition otherwise even the headliner. He had a whir=te one for $50 without scratches as well.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:01 PM
DucatiDon
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Spent the afternoon browsing also....

Didnt brig anything home, but learned a lot, hands on as many C2 parts and oogling the junk.....

My favorites, were the 2 64s for sale, and the "67" that was really a 66....
quote heard: seller: "Its definitely an original big block car, it has the indent in the crossmember...." Prospective buyer.."My 65 small block car had that too..." Seller.."uh..oh..." (In fact all 65 and up had that indent in the crossmember....) I didnt stick around to hear why his "67" didnt have the center console e-brake assembly.....

I also liked the trailing arms from an "83"...I was looking for a set from a C3, but I dont trust anyone who cant verify the year of their parts.... I wanted to ask what color his 83 was.....LOL

Very educational anyway.......next year I will have a list and part/date codes and do some real shopping.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:38 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by DucatiDon
Spent the afternoon browsing also....

Didnt brig anything home, but learned a lot, hands on as many C2 parts and oogling the junk.....

My favorites, were the 2 64s for sale, and the "67" that was really a 66....
quote heard: seller: "Its definitely an original big block car, it has the indent in the crossmember...." Prospective buyer.."My 65 small block car had that too..." Seller.."uh..oh..." (In fact all 65 and up had that indent in the crossmember....) I didnt stick around to hear why his "67" didnt have the center console e-brake assembly.....

I also liked the trailing arms from an "83"...I was looking for a set from a C3, but I dont trust anyone who cant verify the year of their parts.... I wanted to ask what color his 83 was.....LOL

Very educational anyway.......next year I will have a list and part/date codes and do some real shopping.
His 83 was white. It's the only one. It's at the Corvette Museum. I had no idea it was his.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:47 PM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 66
I'll be there both days working the CMCS booth. You all stop by and say hello
Originally Posted by TMyers
I'll be there Sunday working the CMCS Booth
Good to chat with both of you today. It was a pretty light turnout and even before noon, it seemed like a lot of the vendors were packed up and ready to roll out.

Still a fun day though, and a nice day for a drive.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres some pictures from the weekend.....
There are mostly ones from the Pavilion where I was stuck at most of saturday & part of sunday.

Sunday morning Zombie

more pictures
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4697256&type=1
Old 02-13-2012, 12:14 AM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Great pix Tammy. thanks for posting!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Had lots of fun, but just now feeling like "maybe" caught up on sleep. Had to get up at 2AM Saturday. It was a cold&wet day 'tho. Glad to get back to Oregon where it was warm(ha ha) Bought some fun collectables-Vette phone,Vette radio and Vette tape rewinder (ah more stuff got to get more shelves.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The weather did manage to keep us dry for the most part which is a really good thing for everyone. We had good crowds on Saturday and for the most part, the vendors were very happy and that meant people were buying and selling.

I spent 4 days at the Fairgrounds doing setup on Thursday and Friday. Started to get the vendors in place on Friday afternoon and into the evening. Then working both Saturday and Sunday. My feet should stop aching by next week.....

Hope everyone had a good time!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
The weather did manage to keep us dry for the most part which is a really good thing for everyone. We had good crowds on Saturday and for the most part, the vendors were very happy and that meant people were buying and selling.

I spent 4 days at the Fairgrounds doing setup on Thursday and Friday. Started to get the vendors in place on Friday afternoon and into the evening. Then working both Saturday and Sunday. My feet should stop aching by next week.....

Hope everyone had a good time!
saturday was amazing seeing everyone there, Heard that all 1100 booth spots were sold out & that most did show up. but everyone pulled out after saturday. got a couple good deals on saturday & a few better ones on sunday

Quick Reply: NW swap meet