Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

PacNW Trackday Roll Call, Coordination and Track rats Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 01:55 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

FYI, my next event with them is on 5/20 (Saturday).
Old 05-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Kamran
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by X25
FYI, my next event with them is on 5/20 (Saturday).
What happen to you last weekend? I saw you were pre-registered!

I'll be at the Ridge this Sunday, with my scuba gear!
Old 05-12-2017, 05:00 AM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

I got a bit sick, and couldn't make it It was very disappointing...
Old 05-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Rexracer77
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
Any of you found a good group to run with at Portland Int'l? I used to go down for the annual Rose City Corvettes weekend - autocross on Sunday, track on Monday but they stopped doing the track day.

I'd like to run Portland for my first track day in my new Z06 since I'm pretty familiar with the track and it's got more runoff than Pacific.

I'll be heading to Spring Mountain towards the end of June and it'd be nice to run it on a track a couple times prior to going.

SCCA Tracknight will be at PIR next Friday 5-19. Only 3 sessions, but a nice warm up. Cost is only $150, if you have run PIR before, run advance, normally only ~20 cars in the group.
https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...ortland-may-19

OF note, they will be at The Ridge on the 17th also.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 PM
bhk2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Default 5.18.2017

The weather forecast for this Thursday looks promising. I am signed up for the afternoon lapping session at Pacific Raceways. Going to try to improve lap time from last December's outing.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:34 PM
SivaSuryaKshatriya
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamran
Nice day at the track yesterday with T2.

A number of nice looking Vettes, and one nicely replicated C7R Z06. Not sure if he's on this forum (sorry I forgot your name, one too many concussions!). Here's a picture a friend of mine took with you in it.

No Limit was there ripping it out as usual, with his new toy, also in the picture!
hehe, I was there as well that day in the dark grey FRS. I really like the C7, so it was cool to see a lot of them out that day. More than I've ever seen, actually.

I have some chase footage of the black C7 in C group with the license plate "tracktoy" if you're on here and wanna see it.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:53 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Great day yesterday at the Ridge put on by T2 Tom and the Goodtime Project charity camp for cancer kids. We gave em track rides, they go-carted and had helicopter rides, drift shows too.

A fun way to give back and take these special kids minds off their challenges. Rewarding for all of us, many vettes there. I got to take out a Formula Mazda for a session, what a blast driving an open wheeler ! Lots of grip to say the least. Once I got tires heated and could get to enough speed for aero to kick in it was amazing.

Last edited by nolimits; 08-18-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:58 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

It was a blast, Scott. Especially fun seeing the kids (and their families) enjoying themselves - don't forget they also had the drifting demonstrations and rides for the kids. The helicopter rides looked like an amazing time.

I'm thinking about going to Turn 2's "late apexing" session next Wednesday Aug. 23 from 3pm - 8pm (at a reduced fee of $200). At the last late apexing event three days ago, everyone got 5 20 minute sessions!

Anyone else interested in hitting The Ridge next Wednesday afternoon?
Old 08-20-2017, 03:55 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
Anyone else interested in hitting The Ridge next Wednesday afternoon?
Old 08-20-2017, 08:30 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by nolimits
Great day yesterday at the Ridge put on by T2 Tom and the Goodtime Project charity camp for cancer kids. We gave em track rides, they go-carted and had helicopter rides, drift shows too.

A fun way to give back and take these special kids minds off their challenges. Rewarding for all of us, many vettes there. I got to take out a Formula Mazda for a session, what a blast driving an open wheeler ! Lots of grip to say the least. Once I got tires heated and could get to enough speed for aero to kick in it was amazing.
This is one of my favorite events, I hope to be able to participate next year. It is very satisfying to be able to give the kids and parents something else to think about for a couple of hours!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Kamran
Pro

Next Thursday Sept 28 is shaping up to be a perfect day at the Ridge, sunny with temps in mid 70's.

Not too many have signed up for it yet. It's the last call for alcohol for the summer season.

Hope we get a few guys show up so we Play rabbit For each other.

.....Calling Scott and others!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Kevin_k
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Next Thursday Sept 28 is shaping up to be a perfect day at the Ridge, sunny with temps in mid 70's.

Not too many have signed up for it yet. It's the last call for alcohol for the summer season.

I just got an e-mail from Tom on this and he is exploring the possibility of making next Thursday Sept 28 to a regular all day track day 9am - 5pm. That's an awesome deal for only $200.00. Even if it stays as planed and it's still a very good deal and its going to be an awesome day so please come on out!

You can always call Tom for more info.
425-417-3675

Last edited by Kevin_k; 09-22-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Kamran
Pro

Yes, $200 for seven sessions and most likely they'll be 1/2 hour sessions with Advance and Intermediate (possibly 3-1/2 hours of track time). Timing will be 10am to 6pm. Much better than 9-5. Sunset is at 7pm. A later start allows for morning tire mount after the sunrise, rather than in the dark. Both mount and dismounts will be in the daylight.

Last edited by Kamran; 09-22-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:45 AM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

I'm likely in, probably see you there. Then BMW Sat 30th.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:51 PM
Kamran
Pro

I'm likely in, probably see you there. Then BMW Sat 30th.
Cool, Kent will be there later in the day too.

I'd join BMW days too, if they didn't want me start in Novice to prove myself!!!
Old 09-23-2017, 02:09 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Cool, Kent will be there later in the day too.

I'd join BMW days too, if they didn't want me start in Novice to prove myself!!!

That could probably be changed with a ride-along assessment by an instructor first and or references, you might call them if you haven't already.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Kamran
Pro

That could probably be changed with a ride-along assessment by an instructor first and or references, you might call them if you haven't already.
Yeah, I emailed back and forth with one of their chief, he was pretty adamant that he doesn't care/trust whatever records I can produce on Motoreg or how many years of experience or if I've been in Advance with other groups and I'd be starting from scratch and stay in the group I'd be starting for the remainder of the day. I'm not spending upwards of $1000 a day to get frustrated behind someone doing highway speeds with no passing allowed for half a lap per single car. I think he was just being antagonistic that at times goes with the elitist beemer culture! Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth...

Last edited by Kamran; 09-23-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:17 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah, I emailed back and forth with one of their chief, he was pretty adamant that he doesn't care/trust whatever records I can produce on Motoreg or how many years of experience or if I've been in Advance with other groups and I'd be starting from scratch and stay in the group I'd be starting for the remainder of the day. I'm not spending upwards of $1000 a day to get frustrated behind someone doing highway speeds with no passing allowed for half a lap per single car. I think he was just being antagonistic that at times goes with the elitist beemer culture! Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth...
I got a similar impression from PCA. Do you have a racing school license (not just an HPDE class) by any chance? That might help. I did that years ago, and wasted $$$. At least, it helps with these organizations.

Last edited by X25; 09-23-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Kamran
Pro

Originally Posted by X25
I got a similar impression from PCA. Do you have a racing school license (not just an HPDE class) by any chance? That might help. I did that years ago, and wasted $$$. At least, it helps with these organizations.
I got one of those race license for one of those silly junk car 24 hour races. And motorcycle racing license. I never had elitist issue with PCA chiefs. But both Audi and Beemer seem to have a bit of attitude. That's why I enjoy Tom's T2. He treats it like a family biz, and values all of us, regardless of what we drive.

Some of the drivers at PCA may feel a bit entitled though. I remember a guy with a GT3 complained about me to the chief instructor that I wouldn't lift when he was attempting to pass me. I responded: I'm driving a 200Hp FRS, you expect me to lift for a GT3? That was the end of that conversation since he saw my point! Porsche drivers do hold up non-Porsche guys though! Advantage Scott!!! Lol

Quick Reply: PacNW Trackday Roll Call, Coordination and Track rats Thread