Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Upcoming Autocrosses

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 01:03 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upcoming Autocrosses

Greetings all… Here are a few of the upcoming autocrosses.
Please note that these are not Corvette specific but are open to all cars. Hope to see you out at these!

Sunday March 23rd - BSCC #1 Bremerton

Saturday March 29th - NWR SCCA Novice School - Bremerton
The Novice school is a good one for people looking to try out autocrossing and get some feedback/instruction at the same time.

Sunday March 30th - NWR SCCA #1 Bremerton
Try out your new found skills from the school!

April 19th Shelton Airport - WWSCC Test and Tune - Limited to 50 entries, must pre register.

April 20th Shelton Airport - WWSCC Sports Car Spectacular.

April 27th Bremerton Airport - BSCC #2

May 3rd Packwood - ex Hampton Mills site - NWR SCCA Regional Pro Solo #1

May 4th Packwood - ex Hampton Mills site - NWR SCCA #2

May 4th Shelton - Corvette autocross (see the other autocross thread for more details.) Unfortunately I have scheduling conflicts and won't be able to make most of those.

May 18th Shelton - UW FSAE Dawg Dash - More details to come…

May 24th Bremerton - PCA #3

May 25th Bremerton - NWR SCCA #3- Now updated

May 25th Bremerton - BSCC Novice School

May 26th Bremerton - BSCC #3

May 31st Packwood - Evolution Performance Driving School Phase 1 and Challenge School

June 1st Packwood - Evolution Performance Driving School Phase 1 and Phase 2

June 21st WWSCC event #4 - NWDE @ Shelton

June 22nd BSCC event #5 Bremerton - Info

June 28th NWR SCCA open practice - Packwood

June 29th NWR SCCA event #4 - Packwood

July 5-6 National SCCA Championship Tour - Packwood - National level event

July 12-13 National SCCA Pro Solo - Packwood - National level event

July 20th WWSCC Championship event #5 - BEAC Autopilot - Shelton

Aug 3rd - NWR SCCA event #5 - Bremerton

Aug 9th - Viper Club - Shelton - This will be my first time running with this club. Apparently they are open to Corvettes and some will be at the Corvette event the next day.

Aug 10 - NWACC - Shelton - (This will be my first NWACC event to attend!) Hope to meet more of you there! If I can help with driving tips, please let me know. I like to help out.

Aug 10 - BSCC #7 - Bremerton

Aug 16-17 - VCMC Summer Blitz (4 courses/2 days) Limited to 80 entrants and pre entry only.

Aug 17th - NWR SCCA #6 - Packwood - (I'll be in Canada at the VCMC event) The link should update closer to the event date.

Aug 24th - WWSCC #6 - BEAC Enduro Lite - Unique format where the course is set up to run laps and you do one up to speed lap then 2 flying laps without stopping. Then come into the grid where you will get another chance at this the same course with another up to speed lap and two more flying laps. Best one counts.

Aug 30/31 - SCCA National Pro Solo Finale - Lincoln, NE. (wish me luck!)

Sept 1 - BSCC #8 - Bremerton

Sept 2 - 5 - SCCA Solo National Championships - Lincoln, NE - Currently 1155 entrants! (once again, wish me luck!)

Sept 13th - Viper Club - Shelton - See you there!

Sept 14th - NWACC - Shelton - See you there!

Sept 14- BSCC #9 - Bremerton

Sept 20th - NWR SCCA Regional Pro - Packwood

Sept 21st - NWR SCCA #7 - Packwood

Sept 27 - WWSCC #7 - TS Understeer

Sept 28 - WWSCC #8 - TS Oversteer

Oct 11th - PCA #9 - Bremerton

Oct 12th - NWR SCCA #8 - Bremerton - Details and link to register

Oct 19th - WWSCC#9 - Shelton - Details and how to register on main page

Oct 26th - BSCC #10 - Bremerton - Details and registration link Unless the weather is nice/decent, I might skip this one...

Let me know if you have questions. Hope to see you out at these events

Hurricane

Last edited by MeHurricane; 10-06-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Probably last edit of the year to add events.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:49 AM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed! I bought my c5 back in July and just enjoyed cruising with it. Over the winter I have read a few books including Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley, Driving in Competition by Alan Johnson. Also Racecar Aerodynamics. Excited to make it out there!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:59 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

So this weekends autocrossing will be at Bremerton Motorsports park. Saturday I will be running with the Porsche club and Sunday will be with bscc. The Porsche club is an invite thing if you don't have a Porsche. The BSCC event has 150 entries so far but many don't show up so I would guess that the actual number will be closer to 120. If you come out, catch up with me.

Hurricane
#41 ASX
Old 03-21-2014, 10:38 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by MeHurricane
So this weekends autocrossing will be at Bremerton Motorsports park. Saturday I will be running with the Porsche club and Sunday will be with bscc. The Porsche club is an invite thing if you don't have a Porsche. The BSCC event has 150 entries so far but many don't show up so I would guess that the actual number will be closer to 120. If you come out, catch up with me.

Hurricane
#41 ASX
Thanks for the great post and link!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:16 PM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Hurricane
#41 ASX
Isn't Saturday a Skills day with the Porsche club? On motorsportreg.com it didn't mention being invited! It said all cars are welcome!
Old 03-21-2014, 01:00 PM
MeHurricane
Advanced

Originally Posted by RadnessWarrior
Isn't Saturday a Skills day with the Porsche club? On motorsportreg.com it didn't mention being invited! It said all cars are welcome!
Skills days and autocross are two different things and they share the site during PCA events. I will be at the autocross.

Hurricane
Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 PM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Awesome time out there today Glen! Thank you for the help! I'm planning on the next one for sure!
Old 03-24-2014, 12:39 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

Good to see a few people out Sunday. The weather was good and I know that Radness had a fun time. Here are the results…

I really had a nice time working with Radness and enjoying my corvette. 2nd place in a large class was good too.

Next weekend's school is full and has a waiting list. The event sunday is still open for entries. Hope to see some of you out there…

Hurricane
#41 ASX
Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 PM
alanfigliola
Instructor

Default Autocross

Hurricane
#41 ASX
MeHurricane, was good to met you, I was hoping that there would be a big turn out on Sunday given the weather etc! Al Fig the red C5 Vert.....
Old 03-26-2014, 07:53 PM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Hurricane,

Do you have a checklist of items/tools you always bring to the track?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:01 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

Al,
Nice to meet you, sorry I was on my way out and didn't get a chance to talk more. Hope you had a nice time watching the afternoon group.

Radness,
I don't have a list per say… When I am using my trailer I just keep everything with me in the car and trailer. There are many things I bring. Depends on how serious you get and if you are changing tires at the event, etc.

Bare minimum…
- Large Tarp to protect your stuff.
- tubs or bags to hold stuff to keep them dry.
- Tire Gauge - Get a quality one. 0-60psi analog. I like the angle chuck.
- Tire pump/compresser my current favorite is a Viair 88P
- Tire valve tool. To tighten loose tire valves. A couple dollar tool that will be worth much more if you ever need it.
- Rain coat and sun screen - (often worn the same day)
- Confortable shoes, extras if you like dry shoes on a wet day.
- Helmet - Snell 2010 rated.
- Full sized towel to dry your shoes and pedals on wet days. (don't take a nice towel for this…)

Extras…
- Gopro - Be a hero
- Jack and tools to remove, change tires.
- Gloves and a kneeling pad
- Impact gun
- more as I have more time to think about it.

Hurricane
Teaching at the school on Saturday, running in the AM Sunday.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:16 AM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Okay. I have to organize the stuff that I do have! I am installing my headers Saturday, hopefully. If I get it done. Ill see you Sunday!
Old 04-01-2014, 11:46 PM
MeHurricane
Advanced

Greetings,
Feedback from last weekend.
Saturday was wet but RRRRED did a great job and is a good driver. It was nice to work with someone with good car control skills to start off with!! Hopefully the soggy run I gave you at the end helped some. (it was raining so hard we were fording rivers on the course!)

Sunday ended up dry and very nice comparatively. I was able to squeak out a win in the 20 entry class of OPAX. The course was fairly neutral with both Low Hp and High HP cars in the hunt to win.

I have added some events to the first post… as shown below.

April 19th Shelton Airport - WWSCC Test and Tune - Limited to 50 entries, must pre register.

April 20th Shelton Airport - WWSCC Sports Car Spectacular.

April 27th Bremerton Airport - BSCC #2

Is there interest in events in Canada? I run up at Pitt Meadows every time I can make it with my schedule. Nice site and great people up there… I can start adding in some of their events to the list if there is interest.

Last but not least, I have a
of a new mount for my Gopro taken a couple weeks ago. I need to tune it some more but it has potential. It looks ahead through the turns when the car leans! Watch for more videos as I figure it out…BTW, The mount is called a Vector Mount. I have no association with them, just a fan of the tech.

I'll be in San Diego this weekend at the SCCA Championship Tour in a borrowed Miata.

Hurricane
Old 04-17-2014, 04:10 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

bump...
Old 04-18-2014, 09:16 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

I have updated the first post again with details on some upcoming events. (Thanks for the friendly reminder NofakeJake and nice meeting you last weekend)

Hope to see some of you out soon! FYI, My corvette is still in the shop so I will be in a borrowed S2000 Sunday.

P.S. Here is my winning runs in a Miata at the San Diego Championship Tour a couple of weeks ago.
Hurrricane

Last edited by MeHurricane; 04-18-2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Fixed link
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

I have updated the first post again with details on some upcoming events. (Thanks for the friendly reminder NofakeJake and nice meeting you last weekend)

Hope to see some of you out soon! FYI, My corvette is still in the shop so I will be in a borrowed S2000 Sunday.

P.S. Here is my winning runs in a Miata at the San Diego Championship Tour a couple of weeks ago.
2014 S.D Tour STS 97 - YouTube
Hurrricane

Nice driving... Great meeting you as well
Old 04-19-2014, 12:56 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

One more thing I forgot to add in…
about the Pro Solo
May 3rd Packwood - ex Hampton Mills site - NWR SCCA Regional Pro Solo #1

Some of you might ask, what is a pro solo…

Here is the readers digest version…

Pro solo is two mirror image courses with a Drag race style christmas tree to start. The fastest times from both sides are combined for class competition, then during the challenge rounds, the times for the fastest person in your class is used as your dial in and then you compete with other classed cars in a single elimination bracket to see who is the last one standing. During the Challenge rounds the lights will be staggered so cars of different speeds should end up at the finish line at the same time if they were to run their dial in.

Hope this helps!

Hurricane

Get notified of new replies

To Upcoming Autocrosses

Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

Happy long weekend everyone!!

I will be at the PCA event Saturday and the SCCA event on Sunday. Hope to see some of you out.

The following weekend I will be out teaching at the Evolution School.

The following 2 weekends I will be running in national level events in Crows Landing.

Look me up if you get out to Bremerton this weekend.

Hurricane
Old 06-10-2014, 05:55 PM
bluedevil99
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 152 Posts

Hello all, are there any current events happening? Looks like this list cut off a month ago!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:37 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

Sorry about that, I have been traveling to some national level events in Cali and got sick also (joy)

I have updated the events on the first post.

I will be at the Shelton event on Saturday and the Pitt Meadows event Sunday.

After that I will be at all the events listed. Hope to see you out. Come find me if you do show up.

Hurricane aka Glen
#41 AS C5Z

Quick Reply: Upcoming Autocrosses