Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Corvette Museum Raffles...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 01:28 AM
Seattle C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Museum Raffles...

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/raffle/

Old 05-08-2014, 09:02 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Unfortuntely, WA residents cannot purchase raffle tickets by either online or phone and the NCM has a statement on each of the raffle web pages stating that WA residents are prohibited by WA state law to buy those tickets.

The $10 tickets for the red Corvette that is raffled off each year are legal to purchase from anyone who has the paper tickets to sell.

Many thanks to the AG and his minions for not allowing us to take part in online raffles that clearly are above board and for a good cause......
Old 05-08-2014, 12:07 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Unfortuntely, WA residents cannot purchase raffle tickets by either online or phone and the NCM has a statement on each of the raffle web pages stating that WA residents are prohibited by WA state law to buy those tickets.

The $10 tickets for the red Corvette that is raffled off each year are legal to purchase from anyone who has the paper tickets to sell.

Many thanks to the AG and his minions for not allowing us to take part in online raffles that clearly are above board and for a good cause......
I've bought raffle tickets from the Corvette Museum many times. Unfortunately, I have never won.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:17 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Wow. It's a good thing I didn't win since the rules sound like I wouldn't be allowed to. I've purchased several tickets in the past and my address I entered was Washington.

Rule 21 on the NCM Raffle website: "THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE INTERNATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED. Effective 1/15/10 Washington state does not allow its residents to purchase raffle tickets online or by phone."

Last edited by AaronZ51; 05-08-2014 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 05-08-2014, 12:58 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder what would have happened if we had won?
Old 05-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle C4

Wow sorry gang I completely missed the Washington State thing. I too have bought them in the past and the NCM never said a word as I purchased them over the phone as well.

Good thing I never won I would be sharing cell space with Poodle Girl.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:51 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I was told by a former member of the Board of Directors of the NCM that the NCM staff responsible for the raffles were supposed to be watching for anyone with a WA address that purchased tickets online or by phone and to not allow the sale.

Maybe some do slip through somehow , but it would be interesting to see what the state AG would do if somebody had purchased a ticket and won. The ruling by the AG's Office that prohibited thes types of sales are supposed to cover all out of state raffles, so it's just not the NCM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Museum Raffles...

Quick Reply: Corvette Museum Raffles...