Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Neah Bay.... Worth the trip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 01:31 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Default Neah Bay.... Worth the trip?

Thinking of taking a road trip up to Neah Bay tomorrow and am wondering if it's worth the trip. How are the roads and driving conditions? Anybody been there lately? Decent restaurants in the area?

Thanks for any info.

If that doesn't work out, I'll prolly go up to Hurricane Ridge and down to Dungeness Spit for the day.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:27 PM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It's been a while since I was up that way. Last time I was in my truck towing my boat and going scuba diving.

The roads were in good condition with some scenery once you get off 101 and onto 112.

I took my own food with me and I didn't look for any restaurants on 112. There are a couple. Quick search showed good reviews for the ones I could find on Google Maps.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:44 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

We went there 2 years ago (in our C6) and the road sucked with tons of construction going on for 5 or 6 miles. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. Of course by now, perhaps the construction is done?

Once there, there was some nice hiking and great scenery without being too rigorous
Old 08-07-2014, 01:34 AM
AYello1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely worth the trip. Gas up in Port Angeles. Probably should eat there too. When leaving town (Port Angeles) take 112 and hug the coast all the way to Neah Bay. Coming back, detour to 113 and hook up with 101 and you'll get a good look at Lake Cresent on the way home. The roads aren't glass smooth (neither are most roads in this state) but they are definitely do-able, even in a Corvette (ask me how I know).
Enjoy the drive....and stay cool!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:35 AM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The frontage road out to Neah Bay is full of twists, turns, dips, and rises. However, it's also pretty narrow. I found a nice dry January week and did it last year in a Miata, and that is the perfect size car. A Corvette is just a bit too wide to be comfortable running quickly when a lot of the turns are blind and you don't know if someone is straddling the line around from where you can see.

I stayed in the Port Angeles area and just romped around on the roads there for a couple of days. I didn't find a good place to eat in Neah Bay, but there were a couple of places in Port Angeles that I thought were pretty decent.

Get notified of new replies

To Neah Bay.... Worth the trip?

Quick Reply: Neah Bay.... Worth the trip?