Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Mid-Engined ZR1 Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Mid-Engined ZR1 Anyone?

http://wot.motortrend.com/1408_scoop...e_is_a_go.html
Old 08-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 476 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Gosh.... just think about how upset the round taillight needers would be with a mid engine vette but on the other hand ............ the Corvette Zora would be the right name for it
Old 08-15-2014, 01:12 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Oh, god, this again?

A mid engine Corvette has been rumored since Hector was a pup - whatever that means.

I'll believe it when I see it, though I can't help wonder whether it's inevitable? I've been doing so since 1968. Shortly after the Corvair was doomed.

If it happens, it happens. Who really cares? I don't. Who ever heard of a mid-engined Supercar with pushrods? See what I'm getting at?

It's okay and arguably long overdue. Ferrari's been building mid-engined sports cars since the early 70's. Even Pontiac did so with the Fiero. Chevrolet has "borrowed" so many cues from Ferrari since 1955 that nothing would surprise me. In fact, if I'd known this story was going to last this long I think I might have done well to save all the magazines that mentioned it.

Come to think about it, I have so many boxes of old car magazines on my garage shelves, I may very well have all those magazines.

Tell you what; if I was perusing the magazine rack at, say, Barnes and Noble and saw a magazine cover with the "news" that there might be a mid-engined Corvette in our future I wouldn't even pick it up.

In fact, this is getting to be almost an annual rumor. So much so that I don't think I'll even bother to respond to Pat's original post.

Oh... wait
Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Sounds good to me....
Timing is perfect, the democrats are telling is there is no inflation.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Sounds good to me....
Timing is perfect, the democrats are telling is there is no inflation.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:39 AM
alanfigliola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Oh, god, this again?

A mid engine Corvette has been rumored since Hector was a pup - whatever that means.

I'll believe it when I see it, though I can't help wonder whether it's inevitable? I've been doing so since 1968. Shortly after the Corvair was doomed.

If it happens, it happens. Who really cares? I don't. Who ever heard of a mid-engined Supercar with pushrods? See what I'm getting at?

It's okay and arguably long overdue. Ferrari's been building mid-engined sports cars since the early 70's. Even Pontiac did so with the Fiero. Chevrolet has "borrowed" so many cues from Ferrari since 1955 that nothing would surprise me. In fact, if I'd known this story was going to last this long I think I might have done well to save all the magazines that mentioned it.

Come to think about it, I have so many boxes of old car magazines on my garage shelves, I may very well have all those magazines.

Tell you what; if I was perusing the magazine rack at, say, Barnes and Noble and saw a magazine cover with the "news" that there might be a mid-engined Corvette in our future I wouldn't even pick it up.

In fact, this is getting to be almost an annual rumor. So much so that I don't think I'll even bother to respond to Pat's original post.

Oh... wait
HAVE A 88 FIERO GT, ANYONE INTERESTED, mid engine, fun little car.....!
Old 08-15-2014, 03:18 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by last901
Oh, god, this again?

Oh... wait
That and MT *ALWAYS* puts this kind of s*** out. Anyone remember their "secret" pictures of what the C7 looked like? Anyone remember MT's claim that the C7 was going to be a V6?

Good Lord...one has to be an utter and complete moron to believe MT's claims, especially with their track record of constantly getting it wrong

Last edited by KenHorse; 08-15-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:07 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the rear engine rumor right next to the diesel corvette and electric motor corvette that we have also heard.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:47 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, while all you smart asses were passin gas....I cancelled my Z06 order and got in line for one of these! Fichtner.

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 08-15-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:10 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
Yeah, while all you smart asses were passin gas....I cancelled my Z06 order and got in line for one of these! Fichtner.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:49 AM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE

Originally Posted by NofakeJake

So if we all order one from Ken will he provide a volume discount?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:35 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Im holding out for the hybrid version.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:19 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
So if we all order one from Ken will he provide a volume discount?
If only...

Get notified of new replies

To Mid-Engined ZR1 Anyone?

Quick Reply: Mid-Engined ZR1 Anyone?