Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

New Vette Owner. Wanted to say hi

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 AM
05SRT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Vette Owner. Wanted to say hi

Hey hows it going. Figured i would introduce myself in case i see anyone out on the road. Bought the car about month and a half 2 months ago. 2001 c5z06, 75k miles. Bone stock. Still trying to figure out what i am going to do with the car.

Right after i got it.

Lowered...

And for any of you track rats if you see this thing out on the track its me as well. Here are a couple of shots from when i was at road atlanta in the spring.....

Old 09-09-2014, 12:18 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to the PNW forum. Where abouts do you call home? You just missed a get together over in Leavenworth WA this past weekend but there will be more chances to meet up with Corvette owners from this forum before the snow flies and at least for me in Eastern WA. the car takes a long winters nap starting in about a month.

Look forward to meeting you if not later this year then in 2015 at a GTG for sure.

George
Twisp, WA
Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

WELCOME!! We just got back from the Corvette Museum Anniversary Caravan to Bowling Green, KY. What to do with your Corvette? DRIVE IT. Garage Queens are no fun. my '02Z has almost 94,000 miles and Ken's new C7 has over 13,000 after our trip to KY. After not driving for 2 weeks, I went to the market yesterday. Hope I didn't scare anyone, I sure missed driving my "Z".
Just have fun and enjoy your new Vette!!! There are all kinds of car shows and cruises. We drive ours in everything except snow. There is a Carshow in Oregon City this weekend. Checkout mthoodcorvettes.com website and calendar/activities.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 PM
05SRT
Intermediate

I live in Yelm. And i drive it everyday. Just another car to me. Plans will likely be to turn it into a fun car setup mostly for quarter mile fun.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:12 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

Welcome! You'll have to try The Ridge, our latest track here in the PNW. It is a fun one over in Shelton if you haven't been there yet.

Just keep an occasional eye on this forum for gatherings, BBQs, drives, track events, etc. and we'll hopefully have a chance to meet.

Aaron
Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 PM
05SRT
Intermediate

sadly going to be setting the vette up to go straight. Since i already have one car for the road course. Sadly i experienced a catastrophic failure which resulted in a fire that burned up the engine bay pretty good i still have to fix up.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Kevin_k
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default The Ridge is awesome come on out

Your Vette will do just fine setup stock at the Ridge. I have a stock 02Z06 that that is a blast to drive at the Ridge . Come on out before you modify yours for the 1/4 mile.

You can Check out http://www.motorsportreg.com for dates. October 9th and 10th Turn2 lapping is putting on a charity fund raiser to support the Good Times Project, its going to be an awesome couple of days with all the money raised used to send kids with cancer to summer camp. Check out http://www.thegoodtimesproject.org/ for more info.

Get notified of new replies

To New Vette Owner. Wanted to say hi

Quick Reply: New Vette Owner. Wanted to say hi