Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Winthrop Vintage Wheels Show Sept 12, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 05:56 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll make a heck of a try to get there. We've been to Winthrop several times - it's a great place to lunch and walk around gawking.

This'll be a great trip to close out the summer!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:28 PM
olympic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George's_Vette
Sure, few blocks from the lodge is Carlos 1800 if you're up for Mexican. Fantastic margaritas and good food.

http://www.carlos1800.com/

Small family run operation that has expanded from Winthrop to Wenatchee and Leavenworth restaurants. They are currently closed for remodeling following a near fatal incident a couple months ago when carbon monoxide nearly killed 5 workers while the restaurant was closed one morning. All 5 were med-e-vaced to either Wenatchee or Harborview for treatment for CO poising. All were staff or family. The problem has been resolved and they are using the spring down time to update the restaurant. Last I heard they expect to re-open for the summer in May some time.

How about pizza Friday evening at East 20 Pizza? Short walk from the lodge. They have indoor and outdoor deck dining if the temps are favorable. http://east20pizza.com/e20p/East_20_Pizza.html

Both are within walking distance but we'll need reservations for sure given the car show will have town and the eateries packed these two nights. So we'll need a head count.

George
Count my mouth in for Friday pizza and Saturday Mexican food.
Thanks for arranging things Mr. Ambassador!

Art (Olympic)
Old 04-16-2015, 06:39 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fperra
I'm in for Happy Hour and walking to any of those two restaurants.
Me too....count me in for 2 for both. Thanks George.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

You can add me to the list even though I expect the return will be longer than the walk there over the same route.

Thanks George.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:59 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Our club is planning to stop at the show on our Fall Tour. Maybe see you there! Just had 24 cars on our Spring tour last weekend down to Ashland. Probably too many bodies to squeeze into that restaurant!
Old 04-17-2015, 01:42 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
Our club is planning to stop at the show on our Fall Tour. Maybe see you there! Just had 24 cars on our Spring tour last weekend down to Ashland. Probably too many bodies to squeeze into that restaurant!
Vik Toy:

Keep in touch as late summer approaches. Your group would be welcome to join us in Winthrop at our lodging location. Lots of parking. I just checked with the lodging owners and they still have 20 rooms available for this weekend if any of your group wishes to spend a night or two in Winthrop. We are putting on a Happy Hour at the Lodge for Corvette owners in town, then we'll walk downtown Sat. evening to have dinner at Carlos 1800 (good Mexican food). It's got a lot of seating room so as long as I have an accurate head count well in advance to reserve part of the restaurant for our group we should be able to accommodate all who wish to attend for dinner Sat. The Pizza place for dinner Friday evening is a smaller venue. Depending on when your group will be up for the car show we may be able to just do a cash collection and order several pizzas and eat at a few of our rooms at the lodge so we can visit and tell tall tales.

If you have any questions and for future reference my e-mail is:

I will PM you with my contact info.

George
Old 04-20-2015, 06:41 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Hi sent your original post to our Activities director for our club. He is thinking of merging this with our Fall Tour. Go up Hwy5 above Seattle (Anacortes or Burlington). Then Saturday take Hwy 20 to Winthrop and then to Lake Chelan and home Sunday. Since we are "tourists" any suggestions for hotels and restaurants??
Old 04-20-2015, 07:05 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Hi sent your original post to our Activities director for our club. He is thinking of merging this with our Fall Tour. Go up Hwy5 above Seattle (Anacortes or Burlington). Then Saturday take Hwy 20 to Winthrop and then to Lake Chelan and home Sunday. Since we are "tourists" any suggestions for hotels and restaurants??
Don't know a lot about Winthrop these days, but in Chelan, the two, presumably popular, resorts are Campbells and the Grandview. Both are on the water and very nice. I know some of the clubs have used Campbells before and have, apparently, had special parking. There are a number of smaller places along the lake, but I can't offer any advice other than the two reports I've mentioned. they may very well be the most able to handle a sizable group.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:18 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Our group is staying here http://methowriverlodge.com/ and last I talked to them a few days ago they had several rooms available. It will depend on the size of your group that comes to visit us and take in the car show. This is the first year we've tried organizing this group of Corvette owners for this venue. In past years we were normally down in Leavenworth for one night.

This place has been under new ownership by a younger couple who have been working hard to upgrade their inn. http://www.abbycreekinn.com/

This place is right downtown on Hwy 20. Appears to stay fairly full during the summer with all the tourist travelers who pass through Winthrop. I've seen Corvette Groups, Ferrari and Porsche groups staying here in passing it. And lots of Harley folks. http://www.hotelriovista.com/

I've only stayed in Chelan once however I've heard of the two places Philip suggested on the lake. We had a lake front room with a little lawn and beach outside the sliding glass door and a great view of the lake. Probably can't miss with either location.

I can however highly recommend a place for dinner in Chelan. We eat there lunch or dinner several times during the summer Corvette driving season over here. http://www.tsillancellars.com/sorrentos-ristorante/ The restaurant has both indoor and covered outdoor dining and is attached to a great wine tasting area for Tsillan Cellars Winery (pronounced Chelan Cellars) About a 10 minute drive up the west shore of Lake Chelan from town.

For breakfast the day you leave Winthrop and head for Chelan I'd recommend the Rivers Restaurant in Pateros down on the Columbia River. About a 40 minute drive down valley from Winthrop. Gives you a chance to get hungry once you are up and ready to roll for the day. Just take Hwy 20 east down valley, just south of Twisp you continue south on Hwy 153 till you get to Hwy 97. You come to a t-intersection and the Columbia River is right in front of you. Right goes to Chelan, left a quarter mile will get you to Pateros. On your right will be a Chevron station and the Rivers Restaurant with a nice view of the river. http://howardsontheriver.com/rivers-restrauant/

So that's some ideas to crunch on however Winthrop will be packed lodging wise for the weekend of the car show. It draws folks from all over WA and the adjoining states.

George
Twisp, WA
Old 04-20-2015, 08:32 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Don't know a lot about Winthrop these days, but in Chelan, the two, presumably popular, resorts are Campbells and the Grandview. Both are on the water and very nice. I know some of the clubs have used Campbells before and have, apparently, had special parking. There are a number of smaller places along the lake, but I can't offer any advice other than the two reports I've mentioned. they may very well be the most able to handle a sizable group.
If any of the group is into Wine, keep in mind that Chelan has some really great small wineries that offer tasting. Most of them are open on the weekends. One of them I've been to is Karma Vineyards, they have a very nice food menu too.

A plaque on the owner's desk: "It's ok to treat people badly because Karma says they had it coming."

I thought it was funny - and I assume it's some friend of hers that presented it to her and not her attitude, as their food and wine are top notch.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

I just made reservations at the hotel for Friday and Saturday night for 2. Put us down for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights also, please.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:15 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmcoldcars
I just made reservations at the hotel for Friday and Saturday night for 2. Put us down for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights also, please.
Hey Phil, Keith's coming.....how bout you?

Don't make me call Mary.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:13 AM
HDLARRY
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks like I should be able to make this get together since I'll retire August 25th. You can expect Larry and Diana
Old 06-25-2015, 01:57 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

OK guys, get signed up for this.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:03 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes please do. Here shortly I will be going through the entire post and tally who's coming, who's staying and who's in for dinner at our evening GTG's along with how much stuff to fix for the evening welcome party at the lodge in Winthrop. I will post an attendance list to insure all who plan to be here are accounted for and I can make reservations for dinner on the two nights everyone will be visiting the Methow Valley for the GTG and car show that weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

George
Twisp, WA
Old 06-26-2015, 12:48 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Thanks all for your responses and suggestions. We talked about our Fall Club tour last night, and our Activities guy has everything set up. Enjoy your summer everybody!! Trying to think of what to do Sunday since it is going to be so HOT!!
Old 06-29-2015, 03:28 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Great drive. Tempting cruise but I'm still on probation from my last foray on Hwy. 20. Can only tempt fate so many times.

Get notified of new replies

To Winthrop Vintage Wheels Show Sept 12, 2015

Old 06-29-2015, 03:48 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NW94Z
Great drive. Tempting cruise but I'm still on probation from my last foray on Hwy. 20. Can only tempt fate so many times.
Sounds like there's a story here that might be fun to know about.

you're welcome to use my Mazda 3 if you'd like Joe. Leave your Corvette with me and I'll try to wax out that dull roof which you're gone.

What a friend, huh?
Old 06-29-2015, 04:07 PM
Trios
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, damn. I was thinking about joining this GTG until this...

Originally Posted by George's_Vette
I'm shooting for 4 local couples to join us in their C-6's and C-7's for this GTG.
I guess my paltry C5 isn't allowed. Oh well.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:10 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Trios
Well, damn. I was thinking about joining this GTG until this...

I guess my paltry C5 isn't allowed. Oh well.
I love C-5's bring it. All are welcome to attend.

-George

Quick Reply: Winthrop Vintage Wheels Show Sept 12, 2015