Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Pacific Raceways

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:42 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Pacific Raceways

Just heard on the news last night that Pacific Raceways is for sale. John Firito says there are "cash flow" issues.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:20 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm not surprised. I started racing there in 1965 and over the decades very little has been invested in maintenance and upgrades when compared to other major tracks. The NHRA had their own issues with it over the years and although there were plans by the owners for major upgrades which may have even attracted NASCAR to this part of the country nothing ever materialized. I had a lot of good times there so it will be interesting to see if someone steps up to make the necessary investment in the track or if the land gets absorbed into the suburbs.

http://www.pacificraceways.com/index..._For_Sale.aspx

Last edited by Mufflerbearing; 09-30-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:31 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Kent gave them several million dollars (for the NHRA side I think) just last year....

But I will say, having visited many tracks in CA, Miller in Utah and even the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain, never thought it was fan friendly. You can only see very little of the track, if you want to see the down hill series you have to look between tons of brush and trees. Every other track has access to every corner for viewing and picture taking. Rent a bulldozer and clear out areas, buy some stands and you might get more people interested.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:17 PM
grandsport4me1963
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really too bad if something doesn't happen here. Too much history to see it go away. I know there is a constant battle with people living nearby complaining about noise but...move.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:03 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by grandsport4me1963
Really too bad if something doesn't happen here. Too much history to see it go away. I know there is a constant battle with people living nearby complaining about noise but...move.
My wife & I looked at and considered a house on the backside of Pacific Raceways. Our 3rd viewing of the house was on Friday and I got goosebumps and wanted to head over - you could hear every car... My wife had different thoughts.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:06 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

One thing I had was that the group of homeowners that lived near PR had lost a lawsuit they brought against the PR owners that would have forced a reduction of noise levels. The judge that heard the case told them that if they knew there was a track in the area that would generate fairly high noise levels or that a selling realtor didn't inform buyers that a race track was in the area, they were pretty much SOL. I think that decision was what really allowed PR to start expansion and improvements.

It was the same way with people complaining about noise near Sea-Tac. Buy a house that's adjacent to a large airport, and you may not always get a good night's sleep.... If you buy a house near a facility that makes noise, it's not their fault.

Get notified of new replies

To Pacific Raceways

Quick Reply: Pacific Raceways