Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Wheel re-finishing

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:46 PM
rock_man
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wheel re-finishing

Sorry this is not a local event post, but I was considering having my stock chrome Z06 wheels re-finished in black. Can anyone recommend a local wheel re-finisher around the Seattle area? TY
Old 10-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

http://seattlewheel.com/

They are now in Kent but there have been some good comments here about them.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:05 PM
02blackLS6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 ... I've read mostly good things about Seattle Wheel Service.

I've seen a lot of positive reviews recommending Powder Coating Inc. in Mukilteo. I'll be taking my CCW's to them once I figure out what powdercoat color combo I'm going with. I believe they only do powdercoating though, so you'd still have to paint the plastic center caps (on the stock wheels) to match.

I've also seen positive reviews of Cascade Wheel in Lynnwood. I believe they do both painting and powdercoating as well as "machined" finishes.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:50 PM
rock_man
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I found Show Quality Metal Finishing in SeaTac that is one of few, if not the only place locally, that can do chrome work. All other shops where telling me I have to ship my wheels to California for chrome work. I am considering having the chrome removed from my wheels, cleaned and polished as-is. Depending on how this turns out, I will either leave them polished and sealed, or powder coat them black.

http://metlfin.com/
Old 10-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 02blackLS6
I've also seen positive reviews of Cascade Wheel in Lynnwood. I believe they do both painting and powdercoating as well as "machined" finishes.

They probably do great work because when I talked to them once the guy said they were back logged five weeks.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:28 PM
rwerth7
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
They probably do great work because when I talked to them once the guy said they were back logged five weeks.
I've used them. They do great work.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I've had cascade wheel repair in Lynnwood WA do several sets of wheels for me. I've been impressed with the work each time. it's one of the only shops I've found that will let me drop the entire car off, they'll remove the tires / sandblast/powdercoat / remount and balance tires and let ya pick it up. they don't have a ton of storage and can probably only offer this to a car or two at a time, but damn it's nice not having to have to take the wheels off and bring them in yourself, and run around to tire shops and blah blah

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel re-finishing

Quick Reply: Wheel re-finishing