Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Corvette Museum Plans to fill in Sink Hole.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:54 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Museum Plans to fill in Sink Hole.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...l-in-sinkhole/
Old 10-19-2014, 06:22 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Well, this is welcome news. I had it on good authority that GM was going to use the hole as a memorial to all the money they've lost though building products that nobody wanted - with certain exceptions, of course - and the latest recalls. Not to mention general mismanagement. THE UAW IMHO should have their own tunnel off the sinkhole.

They could have smoothed out the walls a bit, and put in a stairway so visitors could go down there and view painted portraits of GM executives from the last 25 years and perhaps a rotating display of some of their excellent products. I think a Pontiac Aztek twirling around on a turntable down in the bowels of the museum might be appropriate. I'll bet many of you might even have your own candidates.

But I guess it's a Corvette Museum, isn't it? Well, (okay I won't begin to suggest some of the Corvettes that are, ahem, worthy of a spin or two down in the sinkhole.)

Most of you already know what the subjects might be and it's almost too bad those examples weren't displayed on the floor that caved in.

Okay, flame suit on.

In truth, I was saddened to hear of the sinkhole, but the very term caused me to think of GM in general.

Just sayin'
Old 10-19-2014, 08:13 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Well, this is welcome news. I had it on good authority that GM was going to use the hole as a memorial to all the money they've lost though building products that nobody wanted - with certain exceptions, of course - and the latest recalls. Not to mention general mismanagement. THE UAW IMHO should have their own tunnel off the sinkhole.

They could have smoothed out the walls a bit, and put in a stairway so visitors could go down there and view painted portraits of GM executives from the last 25 years and perhaps a rotating display of some of their excellent products. I think a Pontiac Aztek twirling around on a turntable down in the bowels of the museum might be appropriate. I'll bet many of you might even have your own candidates.

But I guess it's a Corvette Museum, isn't it? Well, (okay I won't begin to suggest some of the Corvettes that are, ahem, worthy of a spin or two down in the sinkhole.)

Most of you already know what the subjects might be and it's almost too bad those examples weren't displayed on the floor that caved in.

Okay, flame suit on.

In truth, I was saddened to hear of the sinkhole, but the very term caused me to think of GM in general.

Just sayin'
So this is where you got off to.....the nurses have been looking for you all afternoon!

Now you know you need to take your Meds on schedule or you get..eh, cranky.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:02 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
So this is where you got off to.....the nurses have been looking for you all afternoon!

Now you know you need to take your Meds on schedule or you get..eh, cranky.
Yes, perhaps so, but this is a forum and, accordingly, a place where ideas can be exchanged. So there's my opinion and I welcome any others in response.

I'll probably wish I'd never posted what I said, but I did...

If you think this post was out of place, remind me sometime to tell you the story of when I did a comparo test between the then new Porsche 944 and the contemporary Alfa GTV 6.

Sometimes one just needs to be careful, not so much as what is said, but rather the forum in which it's presented.

Just sayin'

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Museum Plans to fill in Sink Hole.

Quick Reply: Corvette Museum Plans to fill in Sink Hole.