Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Couple Joe's and an Aaron but no C7 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 06:38 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Couple Joe's and an Aaron but no C7 Z06

No Z06 at the Seattle Auto Show. Not sure if it was really damaged in transit or just the PNW getting snubbed again. But it was advertised and featured on the cover of the program.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Yep, just got back. The tootsie in the GM display said the same and also said I could get a refund at the show office which I did along with the parking fee. There is a standard coupe on display for those so inclined.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:14 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
Yep, just got back. The tootsie in the GM display said the same and also said I could get a refund at the show office which I did along with the parking fee. There is a standard coupe on display for those so inclined.
Damn Pat.....I didn't think to ask for parking!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
Damn Pat.....I didn't think to ask for parking!
I only remembered because the parking fee was more than my senior ticket. I'll bet a person could go tomorrow, spend the day and then head to the office saying they just came to see the Z06 and get a refund for both. Kind of a no class act but...........
Old 10-18-2014, 09:38 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Yeah, I knew on Wednesday. My 12-year-old cousin did a face time call from the show and was ranting. No Z06, No Hellcat.

I was there today too, and knew going in. Just spent a couple hours.

Honestly, I get better views of the Exotics going to Griots each month. LOL (And better C7s. LOL)
Old 10-20-2014, 12:56 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 91LSMAN
Honestly, I get better views of the Exotics going to Griots each month. LOL (And better C7s. LOL)
Yeah, I had the same thought!
Old 10-20-2014, 04:51 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

No Z06 at the Seattle Auto Show. Not sure if it was really damaged in transit or just the PNW getting snubbed again. But it was advertised and featured on the cover of the program.
I was quite disappointed on the bait-&-switch offer to see the Z06 in person. Jury is still out.

By the way to any of you with the C7, is there a way to fold the passenger seat back forward without having to use the power to move the whole seat forward? That could be a major issue for me in getting a C7/Z06 if it's not possible. At least with the seat in stock configuration.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Hope that turns out to be the case Aaron. My C5 had a lever on the passenger seat back up top that you just lifted up and pulled forward. Simple.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:53 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Hey Aaron, I don't have the car with me right now or I'd send you a pic. But If I understand your question correctly, I can assure you there is a (flimsy) lever that lets the seat back fold forward....has nothing to do with the seat electrics. I beleive its on the lower outboard side of the seat back.....would be difficult to reach from the drivers seat......
Old 10-20-2014, 10:40 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Easy mod; just parallel the switch on the right passenger side with another switch located in the driver compartment. Presto, done deal.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:53 PM
grandsport4me1963
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
I was quite disappointed on the bait-&-switch offer to see the Z06 in person. Jury is still out.

By the way to any of you with the C7, is there a way to fold the passenger seat back forward without having to use the power to move the whole seat forward? That could be a major issue for me in getting a C7/Z06 if it's not possible. At least with the seat in stock configuration.

I was disappointed with the piece of paper on the ticket box window when I was already there. Quite a disappointment not being able to see the Z06 up close and personal.

On another note Aaron...you did like right at home in the display C7 for what it's worth.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:14 PM
02blackLS6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was disappointed as well. One of the Chevrolet reps told me the C7 Z06 only made it to the "larger shows", and they decided to skip Seattle...
Old 10-22-2014, 10:38 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 02blackLS6
I was disappointed as well. One of the Chevrolet reps told me the C7 Z06 only made it to the "larger shows", and they decided to skip Seattle...
Which, if true, is BS.

There is a large Corvette following in the NW.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:38 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Seattle is a small show - compare sq footage for the event to any of the "major" shows, and there's no question. We went to the LA show the year before last, and after 6 hours, had only seen about 1/2 of the exhibits.

Regardless of the size of the owner/buyer base for any particular make or model, the Seattle Auto Show is not a major event.

I was really surprised that the Stingray concept made it's way here a few years ago. But that was the last year that the big players were treating us like a major event. Caddy (Converj), Chevy (Stingray), Jeep (Some weird off roader), and a couple of other companies all brought one of their concept cars. Now we really only get a few cars brought by local dealers, and a few upcoming models provided by the manufacturers.

Heck - Porsche couldn't even bring their latest production car! I was looking forward to getting the wife warmed up to the idea of owning a Macan, but there wasn't one on display.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:48 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Hey Aaron, I don't have the car with me right now or I'd send you a pic. But If I understand your question correctly, I can assure you there is a (flimsy) lever that lets the seat back fold forward....has nothing to do with the seat electrics. I beleive its on the lower outboard side of the seat back.....would be difficult to reach from the drivers seat......
Thanks for the info. The person at the GM display didn't know anything about this lever so it made it challenging for me to fold the seat forward to get my wheelchair in the back area. Especially since Athena will most likely be riding shotgun.
Originally Posted by fperra
Easy mod; just parallel the switch on the right passenger side with another switch located in the driver compartment. Presto, done deal.
Excellent. I'm all about simple solutions and that sounds very doable.
Originally Posted by grandsport4me1963
On another note Aaron...you did like right at home in the display C7 for what it's worth.
Thanks, Brad. The Z06 is likely in my future. I'm starting to think about a Bowling Green delivery in summer 2016. That would give me a nice break-in drive (or maybe just break it in on the new track they built there).

Get notified of new replies

To Couple Joe's and an Aaron but no C7 Z06

Quick Reply: Couple Joe's and an Aaron but no C7 Z06