Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Where is everybody???

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 04:15 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Racer
Hey Phil, the 80's called and they want their computer back....

Probably for their museum, wouldn't you think? Did they happen to call on one of those brick-shaped cell phones?
Old 12-04-2014, 04:38 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by last901
Probably for their museum, wouldn't you think? Did they happen to call on one of those brick-shaped cell phones?
Yep.

Funny you should mention a brick-shaped phone. My wife has been bugging me to update my cell phone for some time now. But I really don't think there's anything wrong with the one I have (pictured below). It places calls, receives calls...what else is a phone supposed to be for?

Old 12-04-2014, 05:51 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Racer
Yep.

Funny you should mention a brick-shaped phone. My wife has been bugging me to update my cell phone for some time now. But I really don't think there's anything wrong with the one I have (pictured below). It places calls, receives calls...what else is a phone supposed to be for?

You wouldn't happen to have any spare batteries would you, Joe? My phone looks like yours except has a rotary dial. I would guess it's pretty old since the numbers on the dial are in Roman Numerals...

Well, to the original topic, we're still not sure where "everyone" is but at least we have the means to call them.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:21 AM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
Max, we drive our '02 &'14 year round. If it isn't snowing,we drive them. We have a beat up '92 Dodge truck for gravel and to take cans and bottles to Freddy's for recycling. I grudgingly drove it yesterday and the seat belt got stuck and then the rear lift window fell on my head. I LOVE MY VETTE!
Mm .. sounds nice. Over here it's more the gunk they put on the road instead of salt, and the gravel.

Of course, maybe I'm a little over protective too. Give me a year or two and we'll see.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:42 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxDaemon
Mm .. sounds nice. Over here it's more the gunk they put on the road instead of salt, and the gravel.

Of course, maybe I'm a little over protective too. Give me a year or two and we'll see.
Max, you will soon learn to "dodge" the junk! One day we were driving next to a semitruck and part of the tire fell off. We missed it but it scared the H*LL out of us. we now kind of hold back and then speed around trucks to try to stay ahead. Besides retouch paint is your friend!! Ken had a Zepell "condom" put on his '14 before he would even drive it. Has over 15,000 miles now. Drove it in the pouring rain last night to club meeting!
Old 12-05-2014, 09:57 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
Max, you will soon learn to "dodge" the junk! One day we were driving next to a semitruck and part of the tire fell off. We missed it but it scared the H*LL out of us. we now kind of hold back and then speed around trucks to try to stay ahead. Besides retouch paint is your friend!! Ken had a Zepell "condom" put on his '14 before he would even drive it. Has over 15,000 miles now. Drove it in the pouring rain last night to club meeting!
I consider myself lucky - my '94 came with 94k on the clock, so it makes me feel happy that she was out and being run, and still looks beautiful and perfect. Gives me confidence.

However, she'll still sit dry and warm until the spring shows itself. After all, I spent two solid weeks cleaning the "other half" of the garage so she'd have a place!

Quick Reply: Where is everybody???