Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Pir parade of lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 07:04 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Pir parade of lights

Hey, Jubitz doesn't sponsor this anymore. I anyone else??? I am trying to put together a cruise to it for MHCC AND WVCA. We would like to grab dinner before going over there. Anybody else going???
Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Just went last night around 8:30 pm. I had a few offers to ride with me by the volunteers that were trackside . With the tinted glass they couldn't see that my passenger seat was already taken.

The lights were fun to see and I had never been to the Christmas Light Show at PIR before.

I wasn't sure what to expect. But it was not bad until the end of the back straight where everything slowed to stop and go. Early on I thought I could maintain a slow idle, but I had a car closing on me so I shifted to second and idled a little faster. I was able to use 2nd gear early on for a slow idle through with no clutch work. Then I saw I was catching up to the crowd and put it in 1st. But it didn't matter, the cars were stopping to photograph or video the lighting displays that had action to them. From that point until you are back around to the exit point (front straight track crossing point) it was stop, wait and go.

If you have an automatic, no problem. With a manual, start slow and don't let any traffic behind you affect your speed. You'll just catch up to the pack and be staring at tail lights.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:18 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Smiley, how long did it take for you to drive thru??
I am still arranging the trip for Mt Hood Corvettes and we want to go to Jubitz for dinner first on the 20th. Trying to figure out what time we should plan dinner??
And yes, Ken is kind of grumbling about driving the stick,but the only auto we have is our beat up truck. I tell him to just put in neutral when not moving. We took my C5Z last year while he was waiting for his C7 to arrive.(he had a C6 auto)
Old 12-10-2014, 07:18 PM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hard to say for sure but I'd estimate 20 minutes. It would definitely be worth it to have someone set a pace way out front to see what's happening at the far end. I could have idled slower and not had to work the clutch if I had known of the back up. No worse than a wreck on the highway you have to work through over a quarter mile stretch.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:26 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

We were going to do it tomorrow night but with the wx forecast of torrential rain, maybe not.....

Get notified of new replies

To Pir parade of lights

Quick Reply: Pir parade of lights