Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

After long last my DSOM 2015 Z06 is home!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 10:13 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Racer
What a beautiful car...congratulations. Hope to meet you in 2 weeks...
Likewise.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:32 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by alanfigliola
i am curious about one detail, the plastic looking strip lining the radius of the front wheel well, it looks like an after thought. Does anyone else notice that or is it just me? It looks a bit cheesy id say?
I think it looks pretty good - when I went to buy my first Corvette, it was between a 1995 Grand Sport and another '95 Admiral Blue coupe. What kept me from buying the Grand Sport were the wheel flares that were basically glued on over the stock fender and then painted. Now those looked like a serious afterthought to me...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this Z06 in person!
Old 12-22-2014, 02:42 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by alanfigliola
The car is awesome for sure! i am curious about one detail, the plastic looking strip lining the radius of the front wheel well, it looks like an after thought. Does anyone else notice that or is it just me? It looks a bit cheesy id say? In spite of that again I must say the car is outrageous and the color 'POPS' , HAHA envious here , enjoy it, Alan Figliola
I hadn't really noticed it until you mentioned it. It reminds me a little of the "flares and chairs" offered on the Dino 246GTS, but I notice there isn't the same treatment over the rear. I kinda' like it though. I certainly wouldn't remove them if I was fortunate enough to have one of these.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:24 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, looks great in natural lighting, congrats !
Old 12-23-2014, 06:58 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Sexy looking car man! Congrats!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:08 AM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JMB

It's definitely a torque monster.....just pulling out of the Dealer lot no different than I would with the C6Z the rear tires just don't hold and this was next to zip for throttle...I guess all that low end torque is for real...just wish it wasn't pouring rain on the way home...oh well! The car is drop dead gorgeous IMHO I couldn't be happier with the color combo for my tastes and I just can't wait to see it in good daylight and sun! I'll arrange an "open shop" tentatively for Jan 3rd at 2PM at my Tacoma residence with details to come for those interested in a first hand look!
Can't even imagine having the means to drop that kind of coin on a car.Don't know why that bothers me-pure jealousy I guess. Good for you I'm sure you deserve it. The black accents do look good just don't go brain dead and put on black wheels. I have its little,little brother 05 dsom. Awesome car,wish it was mine. Enjoy
Old 12-27-2014, 11:44 AM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 254 Posts

The black accents do look good just don't go brain dead and put on black wheels
Thanks for the props and no worries there....I think they look good on the 1968 era Dodge Coronet Cop cars back in the day but not on my C7. Some people love 'em today (more power to you, I'm not passing judgment!) and some people hate 'em (like me). That's what I appreciate about Diversity...everyone has a right to like whatever strikes their fancy!
Old 12-27-2014, 01:37 PM
donwil
Drifting

Originally Posted by JMB
Thanks for the props and no worries there....I think they look good on the 1968 era Dodge Coronet Cop cars back in the day but not on my C7. Some people love 'em today (more power to you, I'm not passing judgment!) and some people hate 'em (like me). That's what I appreciate about Diversity...everyone has a right to like whatever strikes their fancy!
Good to hear that about the black wheel s. I just don't understand the attraction but as you say each to their own.Drop a line here on the C6 section from time to time and let us know what it feels like to drive that monster! I like the power from my LS2 and you have 250hp more than me. That torque has to feel amazing. Does the back end want to come around on you? Are you considering a week end driving school or are you aready pretty competent? I wouldn't have the skill to take that Z close to its limits. Be safe out there and go kill some imports!
Old 12-27-2014, 03:41 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Donwil, The new Z is JMB's DD. His hotrod is a 700+HP LS7 '88 Monte Carlo....think he's decently proficient at driving. Also, the electronic nannies are so good these days, he'd have to shut them all off to get in real trouble....
Old 12-28-2014, 12:30 AM
donwil
Drifting

Originally Posted by JETninja
Donwil, The new Z is JMB's DD. His hotrod is a 700+HP LS7 '88 Monte Carlo....think he's decently proficient at driving. Also, the electronic nannies are so good these days, he'd have to shut them all off to get in real trouble....
Hey man I wasn't implying he cant drive. How would I know he has a 700hp hotrod?. I was just speaking from my point of view. Im sure a lot of guys buy cars with more power than they have ever driven. That's how a new Z would be for me. No disrespect intended by any of my comments. As far as the electronic nannies go I'm sure you could still get yourself in trouble. The car doesn't drive itself! I know everyone on here thinks they belong on the Nascar circuit. Whatever. I'm out.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:58 PM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Does the back end want to come around on you? Are you considering a week end driving school or are you already pretty competent?
I'm not going to pass judgment on the car's handling or traction manners after only one drive home in the rain.....I'm sure it will exceed all expectations including how much better it handles and performs when compared to the C6Z I am replacing.

As JT mentioned I've got quite a bit of driving experience already.....before I took delivery of my 2011 Z06 I took the 2 day Bondurant driving class (it was a freebie perk for buying the 2011!) and was very excited about spanking a hardcore Ferrari/Porsche owner who was a weekend road course racer with his imports and I beat him by 0.10 seconds on the last day Slalom race and I took home the trophy instead of him!

No disrespect intended by any of my comments.
None received so no worries!
Old 12-28-2014, 04:17 PM
donwil
Drifting

Originally Posted by JMB
I'm not going to pass judgment on the car's handling or traction manners after only one drive home in the rain.....I'm sure it will exceed all expectations including how much better it handles and performs when compared to the C6Z I am replacing.

As JT mentioned I've got quite a bit of driving experience already.....before I took delivery of my 2011 Z06 I took the 2 day Bondurant driving class (it was a freebie perk for buying the 2011!) and was very excited about spanking a hardcore Ferrari/Porsche owner who was a weekend road course racer with his imports and I beat him by 0.10 seconds on the last day Slalom race and I took home the trophy instead of him!

None received so no worries!
Good deal. You definitely must have some serious skills. Being just a regular guy who has never done any real racing I wish I could go to a school like Bondurant just to see how real driving is done and be able to handle my vette better. Its on my "bucket list" along with going to a NHRA event and see John Force's funny car.Have a great New Year JMB.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Is this get together still on? My car should be here tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:31 AM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Is this get together still on? My car should be here tomorrow.
You bet! 2PM on the 4th! PM me for address. Would love to see you there and your new Z as well! Please let us know when you pick it up!
Old 01-01-2015, 12:25 PM
alanfigliola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viewing

Originally Posted by donwil
Can't even imagine having the means to drop that kind of coin on a car.Don't know why that bothers me-pure jealousy I guess. Good for you I'm sure you deserve it. The black accents do look good just don't go brain dead and put on black wheels. I have its little,little brother 05 dsom. Awesome car,wish it was mine. Enjoy
jmb, I would like to check the new rig out. Sunday the 4th 2pm , right? If its ok I need your addy, send to alanfigliola@aol.com....Thxs Al Fig
Old 01-01-2015, 01:31 PM
JMB
Melting Slicks

jmb, I would like to check the new rig out. Sunday the 4th 2pm , right? If its ok I need your addy, send to alanfigliola@aol.com....Thxs Al Fig
E-mail sent!

Quick Reply: After long last my DSOM 2015 Z06 is home!!!