Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

remote control / retractable front license plate mount (Everett/Seattle)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default remote control / retractable front license plate mount (Everett/Seattle)

Hello gents -

When I picked up my vette last Summer, it came with a remote control / retractable front license plate mount. Pretty cool freebie. A couple of months later, I lowered the car, and the mount, at least where it was installed, reduced ground clearance by a little bit, and the ramp at my work in Seattle was a little problematic. I uninstalled it. It did bottom out a couple of times but it's still in good shape.

I saved all of the hardware it came with, and the wiring you run up to your battery, both of the remote control fobs etc.. it uninstalled in about 5 minutes so it couldn't be too difficult of an install.

It's this same system here:

Would anyone local like to have this thing for say, 40$? I can get some photos if it would help.

-Nick
Old 12-27-2014, 07:09 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Cool. I would be concerned about it being torn off.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

it does reduce ground clearance by about an inch. I'd say this should be no concern to someone at stock ride height, as I go through some pretty gnarly incline/declines at work and it cleared fine.. up until I lowered the car I lowered it pretty drastically, my fault, really.

IMG_4913 by KevinECSP, on Flickr
Old 12-30-2014, 08:37 AM
884fun
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
Hello gents -

When I picked up my vette last Summer, it came with a remote control / retractable front license plate mount. Pretty cool freebie. A couple of months later, I lowered the car, and the mount, at least where it was installed, reduced ground clearance by a little bit, and the ramp at my work in Seattle was a little problematic. I uninstalled it. It did bottom out a couple of times but it's still in good shape.

I saved all of the hardware it came with, and the wiring you run up to your battery, both of the remote control fobs etc.. it uninstalled in about 5 minutes so it couldn't be too difficult of an install.

It's this same system here: Show N Go Remote License Plate $119.95 at PFYC.com - YouTube

Would anyone local like to have this thing for say, 40$? I can get some photos if it would help.

-Nick
PM sent
Old 12-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

I don't believe it sent?

Get notified of new replies

To remote control / retractable front license plate mount (Everett/Seattle)

Quick Reply: remote control / retractable front license plate mount (Everett/Seattle)