Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Mid Engine Corvette???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:04 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
Front License Plates...how cute. Ha Ha....
Hey, John. I have a front license plate. It's stuffed between the passenger's seat and the console. I'm saving it in case I ever want to show the AL.

BTW, I still have those Ferrari magazines for your son.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:18 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

I might have one in my trunk, but I don't much worry about it, Wife I didn't run them in CA and don't run them here. Were just two old folks with Sporty cars, think the Cops kjust ignore us....

My Son's do though.....

Well Phil, if you show up at an event sometime!
Old 04-24-2015, 02:24 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
My apologies to those of you on this forum who may have thought I was promoting the notion of driving while under the influence of some of the finest single malt scotch one could ever hope to sample. That was simply wrong. I would never in good conscience condone such an idea.

Therefore in the interest of public safety, I propose that we make this an all-night affair. A sleep-over if you will. Still at Walter's of course, but don't mark the date on your calendar just yet. I'll need to talk to Walter to confirm the date and to make sure he boards those damn yipping mutts this time.

What do you think?

We'll need to start a sign-up sheet for things like Dixie Cups, breakfast eggs or Legos... Or is it Eggos? I'm not sure what we'll do for evening supper, but maybe Pizza or 16oz New York cut strip steaks. Perhaps some swordfish steaks covered in a wonderful cilantro sauce for those of you who are not carnivores.

I'll br glad to help with this soiree, maybe with 8mm home movies of the 1951 hydroplane races on Lake Washington or we can watch reruns of Outlander on TV for those of you who may be writing your Master's thesis on the subject of gratuitous sex as it relates to time travel and the Scottish Rebellion.

I'm all in for this. Walter - what time should we come over?
First you want me to drive drunk and now you want me to load up on mercury from swordfish. We did pick up a juicer from all the air miles Sue has been piling up which theoretically could cleanse me from all the toxins you want to pump into me for whatever reason.

If we can't substitute Ribeye for New York, swordfish for me, now that we're juicing.... Say is Jack LaLanne still alive. He was on the "juice". You could say he was on steroids..All those phytosterols could also take care of the cholesterol from my Ribeye, if you are going to allow for substitutions in the menu.

Must get back to work. Sue is ready to place that deposit on her new rear engine Corvette. She has me calling Dave Smith every month for any hint of a release date...
Old 04-24-2015, 06:26 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
First you want me to drive drunk and now you want me to load up on mercury from swordfish. We did pick up a juicer from all the air miles Sue has been piling up which theoretically could cleanse me from all the toxins you want to pump into me for whatever reason.

If we can't substitute Ribeye for New York, swordfish for me, now that we're juicing.... Say is Jack LaLanne still alive. He was on the "juice". You could say he was on steroids..All those phytosterols could also take care of the cholesterol from my Ribeye, if you are going to allow for substitutions in the menu.

Must get back to work. Sue is ready to place that deposit on her new rear engine Corvette. She has me calling Dave Smith every month for any hint of a release date...
You're going to have to discuss the menu with Walter. I'm quite busy compiling the guest list. Funny, but as I go through nearly everyone on the NW Forum, I'm discovering Walter doesn't have many friends. I did get a tentative "yes" from a couple of people who didn't know him, but seem to have a fondness for Scotch.

I'm thinking maybe we ought to get some of those "Hello, My Name is" sticky back tags.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

[QUOTE=last901
I'm thinking maybe we ought to get some of those "Hello, My Name is" sticky back tags.[/QUOTE]

We have been using those for a long time now at our High School reunions because no one looks familiar anymore and the most worrisome question asked is " Who invited all these old people "?
Old 04-24-2015, 09:09 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
You're going to have to discuss the menu with Walter. I'm quite busy compiling the guest list. Funny, but as I go through nearly everyone on the NW Forum, I'm discovering Walter doesn't have many friends. I did get a tentative "yes" from a couple of people who didn't know him, but seem to have a fondness for Scotch.

I'm thinking maybe we ought to get some of those "Hello, My Name is" sticky back tags.
That's fine, compile the list....then scratch your name off it!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
We have been using those for a long time now at our High School reunions because no one looks familiar anymore and the most worrisome question asked is " Who invited all these old people "?
At least we're not to the point where we need the name tag for ourselves

Quick Reply: Mid Engine Corvette???