Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Seattle area, trusted tire guys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 12:30 AM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Seattle area, trusted tire guys?

hello gents -

does anyone have a preferred and trusted tire installation person, in the Everett-Seattle area? I have been waiting months for some custom wheels in a custom dual stage powdercoat, I'd be really sad if they got mucked up during tire mount & balance. from what I understand, larger wheels (20") and small sidewalls (30) can make for a 'fun' install, I want to make sure I have a good person doing the job!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:34 AM
MeHurricane
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
hello gents -

does anyone have a preferred and trusted tire installation person, in the Everett-Seattle area? I have been waiting months for some custom wheels in a custom dual stage powdercoat, I'd be really sad if they got mucked up during tire mount & balance. from what I understand, larger wheels (20") and small sidewalls (30) can make for a 'fun' install, I want to make sure I have a good person doing the job!
I use Chase Race in Duval for my tire mounting (and autox prep needs) You could see if Doug is up to the task.

My car is there now...

Glen
C5Z
Old 01-23-2015, 11:07 PM
Rohey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discount tire in Bellevue. Did my C6 Vette and all my other cars. Good price and good service.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks gents.

I am a fan of discount tire too, typically. they are chain / volume based though, and must work quickly. you're never quite sure which tech will be working on your car, how experienced/confident they are etc. I know they will stand behind their work if they ding up a wheel, but with how long the wheels took to get .. I am being a bit ****. ha.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 PM
rwerth7
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I used Discount Tires in Bellevue to install my new redline tires on my one year old repro knockoffs. They did a great job. I've used them on all my cars all of which have custom wheels. They will assign an experienced tech for special wheels. I also stand outside the shop behind my car when they are doing the install. Get to know the tech that way and you can watch what they are doing. And they know you are watching them!
Old 01-27-2015, 02:16 AM
JRE-C6
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

The folks at Discount tire in Bellevue were very careful when they mounted up a set of HRE wheels for me.

Jim
Old 01-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Thrillhouse
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Omni Brake and Alignment in Totem Lake several times without any issues. They don't like to work on lowered cars though.

Get notified of new replies

To Seattle area, trusted tire guys?

Quick Reply: Seattle area, trusted tire guys?