Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Thinking of Selling My ZO6

Old 02-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 475 Likes on 352 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Ahhh the sun came out this morning in Everett and so I got into the green 95 and put 100 miles on the car recharging its battery and my own as well. I still love the way this car looks and sounds.

I think that the new Mustang GT350 is a very nice looking car. Several years ago we were at Griots and there was a beautiful black Ford GT. The owner was very nice and opened the entire car so that we could all see the interior and engine bay. Working where I do I really appreciated the quality of the welding. He did point out to us that from his perspective the only downside was that there wasn't even enough room for an overnight bag under the front hood.

Fred would you even consider a used 612 Scaglietti? I think that it's one of the most beautiful super long distance drivers ever created.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:53 PM
young grasshopper
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new Jaguar XKR-S GT looks pretty cool, have you thought about a GT-R?

My vote goes for a Lotus Elise with a K24 swap ( that engine should have came with that car from the beginning).
Old 02-09-2015, 04:11 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by young grasshopper
The new Jaguar XKR-S GT looks pretty cool, have you thought about a GT-R?

My vote goes for a Lotus Elise with a K24 swap ( that engine should have came with that car from the beginning).
Ahhh, the exuberance of youth with a fondness for video games, I'd say.

What's a K24? I thought that was a mountain in Tibet.... Or a ski, maybe?
Old 02-09-2015, 04:37 PM
young grasshopper
Pro

It's a Honda engine that uses a 2.4 Liter block from a newer accord and the V-TEC cylinder head from a 2.0 liter RSX Type-S engine.

It's not uncommon for them to put out 300+whp ( naturally aspirated) with aftermarket cams.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:02 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...n=awdailydrive
Old 02-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I would have made sure the limiter was disabled as an integral part of preparation if I were going for 200. Must have been omitted from the check list.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:31 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe if I sell it I'll get one of these:
http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/toyota_aygo_crazy
Old 02-13-2015, 04:43 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by fperra
Maybe if I sell it I'll get one of these:
http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/toyota_aygo_crazy
this is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

Thanks for the laugh.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:08 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by young grasshopper
It's a Honda engine that uses a 2.4 Liter block from a newer accord and the V-TEC cylinder head from a 2.0 liter RSX Type-S engine.

It's not uncommon for them to put out 300+whp ( naturally aspirated) with aftermarket cams.
Let me see if I understand this, YG. "Old GH" has two Corvettes, both with more than ample HP, that presumably have the sort of performance that attracts you without modifications yet it probably has never occurred to you that given, seemingly, what appeals to you in a car that you may have overlooked a Corvette?

It's the chrome wheels, right?

BTW, I'm considering hosting a seminar at the next GTG on how to write run-on sentences.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

Originally Posted by fperra
Like the title says, thinking of selling. But what should I get to replace it? I'm not crazy about the C7, Stingray or ZO6. I really like the Porsche Cayman GTS, but when I price it out with all the options I would want, it goes for 6 figures, and I won't pay that for just another car. The 2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 looks promising though. What do you think?
Here is something to check out....

Old 03-10-2015, 07:04 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Even though I like and have owned a Porsche or two, I've never fully understood their marketing plans. The SUV was hard enough to swallow and then came the turdlike styling of the 4 door PanAmera. Nice of them to offer it in several shades of brown.

Yet, whatever they do it seems to only make them more profitable. As the 911 started to grow in size and shape I was all but certain they were trying to vindicate their blunder on the 928. Alas, while the newer 911s seem to be larger and more luxurious than their predecessor, in fact they are lighter with every year and with the GT-2 and GT-3 still offer high performance.

So, now, the Boxster/Cayman series - which I had figured was going to be the "entry level enthusiasts' Porsche comes in more configurations than ever with something for everyone - who wants a track car with a decent stereo.

I give up. The more I consider a new Cayman, the more Porsche and their dealers try to make me feel unworthy. I wish I had both my 911s back, but I still have my Corvette. Nearly 9 years since I drove it off the floor and I still enjoy every minute of driving it. Even when I park it, I still turn around and look at it before going into the liquor store to buy something for Poodle Girl.

I hope all this doesn't seem like sour grapes from an aging car guy who can actually afford whatever he really, really wants. Provided I can get someone to provide a phony death certificate to my life insurance carrier. Whatever might be involved in a phony death...

But there remains some fun and interest in still being a car guy and enjoying the competition with the major manufacturers in producing modern - and better - muscle cars. This may be the golden age of performance cars - not the late 60's and early 70's that would otherwise seem to be the case among s seniors.

There are a lot of cars currently available and on the way that should be able to satisfy just about anyone who can afford them - and some used ones that less affluent enthusiasts can enjoy just as much.

My friend, Mike, is on his second Cayman S and loves it. I admit it's a great looking car and very fast. Would I like one? Well sure, but at the price of even the least expensive version it's more than what I can buy a Corvette for.

I'm not suggesting either one is better than the other. I guess what I'm saying is that even after nearly 9 yrs with my c6, I don't feel any compulsion to buy anything else. If I want to go fast quickly, I still have my cafe racer Triumph. If I want to take the grandkids on a picnic, I have my Mazdas.

So just what would I do with a Cayman? Or a Challenger SRT8, or a Camaro ZL1 when I can use my Corvette whenever I want to go get groceries, hang out at Cruz ins and forums like this. There is no shame in owning a Corvette and certainly no reason to ever have to explain why I like it so much.

Just sayin'

Last edited by last901; 03-10-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:47 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...ette-stig-cam/
Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Well, that was interesting. Looks to me like the Cayman may be a bit more manageable than the Corvette, but both are going at speeds that far exceed anything my talent would be able to emulate. If my eyes don't deceive me, the Corvette was a standard C7 and not a ZO6. So now we can wait the next comparo between the Cayman GT4 and the ZO6.

Another sign that the end is near. When is all this silliness going to stop? I guess it does provide attractive programming for the TV advertisers huh? Wonder what it dos to Fred's decision re his seeming indecision?

Thanks Walter, for distracting me from doing my taxes. I think I'll go have a scotch now.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:27 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Hey Fred, for a C6Z this one is pretty nice!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...6-sn-14-a.html
Old 03-16-2015, 09:19 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Well, that was interesting. Looks to me like the Cayman may be a bit more manageable than the Corvette, but both are going at speeds that far exceed anything my talent would be able to emulate. If my eyes don't deceive me, the Corvette was a standard C7 and not a ZO6. So now we can wait the next comparo between the Cayman GT4 and the ZO6.

Another sign that the end is near. When is all this silliness going to stop? I guess it does provide attractive programming for the TV advertisers huh? Wonder what it dos to Fred's decision re his seeming indecision?

Thanks Walter, for distracting me from doing my taxes. I think I'll go have a scotch now.
You'll remember these Phil... I always wanted one, but in a way it always reminded me of a weight watcher's version of a Pacer.

They've gone from MOPAR to Bowtie running gear...irrelevant, since Fred will never part with his ride

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/jensen-gt-...s-with-an-lsx/
Old 03-16-2015, 11:07 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
You'll remember these Phil... I always wanted one, but in a way it always reminded me of a weight watcher's version of a Pacer.

They've gone from MOPAR to Bowtie running gear...irrelevant, since Fred will never part with his ride

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/jensen-gt-...s-with-an-lsx/
Interesting. Walter's friend, and mine for that matter - has a Jensen Interceptor. Great idea and better looking than anything else Jensen has done before - save that they built the bodies for the original Austin-Healeys. They're kind of cool cars, but hardly what I think of as nimble.

The Jensen GT is to my mind, the hardtop or hatchback version of the Jensen-Healey. Remember those? Lotus built engine long before Lotus ever used it in one of their own cars.

That was about 1968 or 1969 as I recall. What I would suggest was the beginning of the end - or the end of the beginning - of the best of the British Sports cars. you know, MGB's, Mini 1275's Austin Healeys, Jaguar E-type 4.2, Triumph TR4's.

I'm not sure Fred will ever sell his ZO6. How can anyone in good conscience turn over an 850hp beast to just anyone? I think he has a social responsibility to observe.

Just saying...

What was the question, Mike?
Old 03-17-2015, 02:13 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by last901
Interesting. Walter's friend, and mine for that matter - has a Jensen Interceptor. Great idea and better looking than anything else Jensen has done before - save that they built the bodies for the original Austin-Healeys. They're kind of cool cars, but hardly what I think of as nimble.

The Jensen GT is to my mind, the hardtop or hatchback version of the Jensen-Healey. Remember those? Lotus built engine long before Lotus ever used it in one of their own cars.

That was about 1968 or 1969 as I recall. What I would suggest was the beginning of the end - or the end of the beginning - of the best of the British Sports cars. you know, MGB's, Mini 1275's Austin Healeys, Jaguar E-type 4.2, Triumph TR4's.

I'm not sure Fred will ever sell his ZO6. How can anyone in good conscience turn over an 850hp beast to just anyone? I think he has a social responsibility to observe.

Just saying...

What was the question, Mike?
Hmmm.. I don't remember.

But I do remember buying a73 Jensen Healy from BMC in Seattle. It's the car I owned when I met Sue.

Has Fred got a buyer yet?

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking of Selling My ZO6

Old 03-17-2015, 12:33 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
Ahhh the sun came out this morning in Everett and so I got into the green 95 and put 100 miles on the car recharging its battery and my own as well. I still love the way this car looks and sounds.

I think that the new Mustang GT350 is a very nice looking car. Several years ago we were at Griots and there was a beautiful black Ford GT. The owner was very nice and opened the entire car so that we could all see the interior and engine bay. Working where I do I really appreciated the quality of the welding. He did point out to us that from his perspective the only downside was that there wasn't even enough room for an overnight bag under the front hood.

Fred would you even consider a used 612 Scaglietti? I think that it's one of the most beautiful super long distance drivers ever created.
Fred and Mark,

Here's a new Mustang that was just paraded around the paddock (made it's debut at Amelia Island this month) starting at $109K

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...on-begins.html
Old 03-17-2015, 01:54 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

$109,000 for a mustang?? the C7 Z07 is less than that!!
Old 03-17-2015, 02:21 PM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
$109,000 for a mustang?? the C7 Z07 is less than that!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling My ZO6