Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Thinking of Selling My ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:30 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Thinking of Selling My ZO6

Like the title says, thinking of selling. But what should I get to replace it? I'm not crazy about the C7, Stingray or ZO6. I really like the Porsche Cayman GTS, but when I price it out with all the options I would want, it goes for 6 figures, and I won't pay that for just another car. The 2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 looks promising though. What do you think?
Old 02-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I think that would be a very subjective question that depends on many factors. I'll assume that like me you have had your fill of retina flattening horsepower. How sporty do you want to be next time? Will a modern day muscle car fit your style? I would take some test drives, in fact I drove an SL 550 Benz after we left Issaquah. Not exactly a rocket but a nice sporting tourer. I think I'm in a similar quandary but in no hurry to pull the trigger yet. Good luck!
Old 02-05-2015, 12:05 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

New GT if you can wait. With the market ready to tank you may not pay a ridiculous price and they have proven to be a great investment in a relatively short time
Old 02-05-2015, 12:17 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

The new GT350 is a huge upgrade from the GT, most body panels are new and it has improved aero. It'll be special, while the new GT is nice, the Ecoboost handles better from most every test I've read.....But I cant see you selling that Z, its very special.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:50 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JETninja
The new GT350 is a huge upgrade from the GT, most body panels are new and it has improved aero. It'll be special, while the new GT is nice, the Ecoboost handles better from most every test I've read.....But I cant see you selling that Z, its very special.

Yep, Ecoboost

https://social.ford.com/content/ford...150205054619:s
Old 02-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

the GT350/GT350R is on my radar as one of the best upcoming sportscars for the money.. I am pretty excited about it.

you'll be a little slower though, it's heavier. it may be a little more comfortable to drive. if you just want something new for the sake of variety being the spice of life, I say, go for it! agreed, the P-cars with options are never a good 'value', but they must be pretty fun to drive.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:01 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What year Z06 do you have?? Mine is a 2002 and I love it (about 95,000 miles)!!
Ken's 2014 stingray is gorgeous. We have had it since Feb and still have people pull up next to us and comment how much they like it. Went to the Museum Caravan and put over 6,000 miles on the trip . He has about 17,000 on it already. Over the years we have had many cars,including porsches and mustangs. We are devoted Vette fans!!
I know I am just a "girl" but I think the new porsches and mustangs are UGLY!! Especially that picture just posted.

Last edited by VIK TOY; 02-05-2015 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fperra
Like the title says, thinking of selling. But what should I get to replace it? I'm not crazy about the C7, Stingray or ZO6. I really like the Porsche Cayman GTS, but when I price it out with all the options I would want, it goes for 6 figures, and I won't pay that for just another car. The 2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 looks promising though. What do you think?

Tesla P85D.

http://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-s-p8...iew-1683834973
Old 02-06-2015, 03:56 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
New GT if you can wait. With the market ready to tank you may not pay a ridiculous price and they have proven to be a great investment in a relatively short time
What market is going to tank, Mike? Do you know something I don't? (which wouldn't surprise me)

You are so right about the Ford GT. When they were introduced - what, 2005? - I thought they were relatively well-priced. Had I known where they were going to go, I might have sold my soul to get one.

So what makes you think this new version is going to do the same, or do you?
Old 02-06-2015, 05:34 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
The new GT looks like an awesome car, but I would have to sell my soul to the devil to afford it. Now the 2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 or a Porsche Cayman with just a few options I can deal with.

By the way Mike, haven't seen you in a while. Where have you been?
Old 02-06-2015, 07:18 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Fred, have you even sat in a Cayman? Have you driven one?

I confess I really like those cars. A friend of mine has one - his second - and loves it. Better go check them out before you make the leap. As you know, I've owned several Porsches over the years and enjoyed every one of them. There was a time when Corvettes seemed like crap compared to a Porsche. Rattles, squeaks, leaks and cartoonish instrument displays. All okay stuff, but the Porsches of the time just seemed so much better.

I had some initial reluctance to selling my last 911 and getting a Corvette. I have no regrets. I understand the C7 is even better. yet, though, like you, I have not quite come to terms with the new style.

I will give you the allowance that you might just be bored. I know that feeling, but I'm not sure a Mustang will satisfy you. But try one.

Let me know what you think of them.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:03 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

They got several at the dealer, at the one in Issaquah has several...spot them from the 90 and the off-ramp....But the GT350 wont be out for awhile, and its a whole nuther beast!
Old 02-07-2015, 11:54 AM
festone
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cayman gt4. Look it up. Has major elements of the 911 GT3
Old 02-07-2015, 12:46 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Originally Posted by festone
cayman gt4. Look it up. Has major elements of the 911 GT3
You mean this:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...tor-show-video
Old 02-07-2015, 02:05 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

It looks quite nice but also seems like it has some Mazda styling blended in with a little twist of Nissan 370Z... Might be hard pressed to fit a whole tray of pulled pork & a cooler in the boot though.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:12 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
Ken's 2014 stingray is gorgeous. We have had it since Feb and still have people pull up next to us and comment how much they like it. Went to the Museum Caravan and put over 6,000 miles on the trip . He has about 17,000 on it already. Over the years we have had many cars,including porsches and mustangs. We are devoted Vette fans!!
I know I am just a "girl" but I think the new porsches and mustangs are UGLY!! Especially that picture just posted.

I don't like a few things about the new Z06 but after owning a C7. I like a lot of things. The stiffness and handling are unmatched.

My work office is in a Ford facility that sends to china.

Everyday 100's more new fords unload a lot of Mustang's . IMO The body design is so bad they are off the list.

but ford is doing WELL and buy stock this whole year they are moving 1,000's and 1000's of cars to china. We added 20 acres of holding ground and it's not enough.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 02-07-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:52 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think the C6 is a much better looking car than the C7. The C7 styling is too "Transformery" for my liking. I think the designers watched too many Transformer movies. On the other hand, I find the designs of the new Mustang, Porsche Cayman and Boxster to be spot on for my liking. I am a Corvette fan, but I'm more of a car fan, so I'm not stuck on one brand.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking of Selling My ZO6

Old 02-07-2015, 08:15 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think the C6 is a much better looking car than the C7. The C7 styling is too "Transformery" for my liking. I think the designers watched too many Transformer movies. On the other hand, I find the designs of the new Mustang, Porsche Cayman and Boxster to be spot on for my liking. I am a Corvette fan, but I'm more of a car fan, so I'm not stuck on one brand.
To each their own for sure. One of the things I like about you guys is a love of all cool cars...or in my case all things mechanical.
There are sooooooo many great cars available today you'd be hard pressed to go wrong. The exception being the A-Fart.Jesus, just when we thought the Aztec and VW micro bus were dead and gone.....

I've been staying outta this thread as I didn't think I had anything constructive to add. I did appreciate Ken's thought on the Tesla...and I love the Aston Martins.

But have you thought about or have any interest in a classic or vintage cars?

The only question I still have about having bought my C7 (best Vette yet, across the board, hands down IMHO...and I've had several) is that I still wish I had a C2....or any number of real old school muscle cars.

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 02-07-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:19 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by last901
What market is going to tank, Mike? Do you know something I don't? (which wouldn't surprise me)

You are so right about the Ford GT. When they were introduced - what, 2005? - I thought they were relatively well-priced. Had I known where they were going to go, I might have sold my soul to get one.

So what makes you think this new version is going to do the same, or do you?
It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong but I was referring to the stock market... the market usually reacts the same way given the same economics conditions. It's that old saying" history repeats itself" and it looks like a remake of an old movie is soon to be released.

Regarding the GT, Ford's new engine just won the Rolex and it's very similar as to what's going in the new GT. They had a great marketing strategy in 2005 and should follow the same model. If anything, there are even more fans of the car to go along with a strong cult following. But there's always a chance Ford could decide to pass on the one yard line instead of running the ball and screw everything up

The new GT looks like an awesome car, but I would have to sell my soul to the devil to afford it. Now the 2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 or a Porsche Cayman with just a few options I can deal with.

By the way Mike, haven't seen you in a while. Where have you been?
Maybe Ford will lower the price on them Fred. Look at what GM did with the C7 Z06 and the C6 ZR1

Seriously, I think you'd come out ahead in a few years with that one...

It took GM 5 months to manufacture a part for my car.. The CF rocker panel skirt was already out of production. Aftermarket CF color didn't match and the insurance company wouldn't pay to replace the other side and front splitter because they weren't damaged.We're back on the road again now though.. Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:27 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

We had a new Mustang in the next lane from us going up to the Corvette&High Performance SM. The back end is
When Ken ordered his C7,he offered to give me his 2007 C6. He had spent a fortune on it with customizing and blue paint,but I don't like the shape and it was an auto. i told him thanks,but I will keep my C5. When he got the C7 and I drove it, I told him "when you decide to get another new Vette,I will take this one!!!"
Put over 300 miles yesterday in the POURING rain going up To Puyallup,and she was still comfortable and handled great! At quite a few points the rain and spray completely blocked our vision! Ah, the NW!

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling My ZO6