Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Phil's Garage

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 06:36 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Phil's Garage

Phil's garage.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:03 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE

Phil's garage.
Believe it or not, Walter, you're not all that far off. Actually these days it looks more like my upstairs loft as I continue to wind extension cords and place lighting to show off my model collection. I'm making progress though... Joe - Red Racer - says he's coming over to pick up all the magazines.

But what makes the photo especially funny is that when I was selling used Ferraris and, later, working for the Ferrari dealer in Seattle I would sometimes bring home a Ferrari of one type or another. When I did, I would call Mary and ask her to move her Honda out of the garage so I could put the Ferrari inside. The Alfas and Maseratis got to suffer outside in the driveway.

It didn't take long for the neighborhood kids to figure out the routine. Whenever they came home from school and saw Mary's car in the driveway, they knew there was something interesting in the garage.

That's when the doorbell would ring a lot. When Mary answered the door and the kids would either ask for me or simply ask her to open the garage door. Several rides in some Ferrari or another would typically follow.

On one occasion I brought home a Ferrari and since we were going out that evening with friends picked up the babysitter and parked the Ferrari in the garage. We took the Honda to dinner. When we arrived home I asked Shelby how she liked the new babysitter and wondered what they did to entertain themselves. "Well, Dad, she liked the car so much we spent most of the evening in the garage sitting in the Ferrari and playing the stereo". Good thing I had a battery charger.

Then there was the time I had driven one home and woke up the next morning to a bunch of snow. I'll save that story for later....

I just had to respond to that photo you posted.

Last edited by last901; 02-07-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Monaco400HP
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE

Phil's garage.
Tell us what's going on with this one!
Old 12-12-2020, 09:20 PM
fraziers LT4
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

I recognize the Ferrari emblem under all that stuff, but that's about it. Do tell us more!

Last edited by fraziers LT4; 12-12-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:33 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Where's the after pics??

Get notified of new replies

To Phil's Garage

Quick Reply: Phil's Garage