Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

New Member/Owner - Redmond, WA

Old 03-02-2015, 12:50 PM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Member/Owner - Redmond, WA

I posted up in the Intro forum as well, but wanted to drop a line here to say hello.

I've been a huge fan of the C4 since they came out. The timing was finally right and this weekend we pulled the trigger. I've been looking for a C4 that me and my son can enjoy taking out to local events, drives etc over the summer months. We found a nice 1996 LT4 (97k mi) and picked it up in Salem, OR this weekend and drove it back. Being that I wanted to get a feel for the car and took it fairly easy on the way back up I5, I managed 25.3mpg on the just over 200 mile drive. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but I couldn't pass up the LT4.

The one we picked up has a few upgrades done - Headers, Exhaust, Throttle Body, B&M short shifter. Interior is in great shape and has the desirable (at least to us) black leather. The exterior has a poorly done re-spray that included adding a Red Stripe, so I'm looking at a re-paint a few years down the road - but last I checked, paint quality doesn't affect the drive quality

Our son is 9, has autism and LOVES cars - knows just about ANY car by looking at logos and in particular knows more than most adults about Corvettes (old to new). On the drive back, he asked why we didn't buy one with the split window This car is sure to provide years, and years of enjoyment. The ear-to-ear grin on his face was priceless. Better pics to come, but I love the one of us taking delivery....

Looking forward to meeting fellow forum members at various events in the PNW!

Old 03-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome aboard and glad to have you with us. There are a lot of activities going on, many of which get posted here. One of them is the Exotics at Redmond Town Center on Saturday mornings which should be starting up soon. As you live in Redmond you may already be aware.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:21 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to both of you!!
Old 03-02-2015, 05:21 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations to you and your son. Great picture of the both of you!

Reminds me of me and my son 25 years ago. We're still very close thanks to Chevrolet

Looking forward to meeting to you both!

Mike
Old 03-02-2015, 06:38 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Sorry...but no C4's allowed at our meets.

Just kidding!! Welcome to the forum and we're looking forward to meeting you and your son! My grandson was 5 when I got my first Vette, a C5 and since then has been my Corvette buddy. He knew all the generations by sight when he was 6 and now he's big enough to want to drive my C6.

Great to have you here.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:17 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome indeed! We'll all look forward, I'm sure, to meeting you soon.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:51 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!

Hope to see you at Redmond Town Center and/or XXX Drive In in Issaquah!
http://www.exoticsat.com
http://triplexrootbeer.com
Old 03-02-2015, 11:06 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Welcome! As the weathers improves and warms up, we get together fairly often. If you search this forum, quite a few of us are doing a Olympic loop 2 day mid week tour this summer, spending the night in Forks at the Kalaloch Lodge.

I have 4 Son's (25/23/17/13) and all are serious car nuts, even the Wife is!

John
Old 03-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 476 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Looks like you have good taste and sounds like your son knows what he's talking about

10 years ago my son and I flew down to cali and drove our 95 back home to Everett. I've put 100K on it since then.

There are lots of great folks here on the PNW section of the forum and we get together quite a bit. So keep watching here particularly as the weather gets better.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:34 AM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Thank you all for the warm welcome - Looking forward to some more weekends at E@RTC this summer, and will def. check out the XXX Rootbeer shows. Not sure if I'll try to pull into E@RTC with the need for a paint job, but it does have a bit of uniqueness being an LT4 that's not a CE or GS. Gave it a wash last night @ home - whoever did the respray and added the red stripe did not do a good job - looks like they scuffed and sprayed....
Old 03-03-2015, 01:07 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Welcome. I look forward to meeting you at one of the upcoming events. The paint looks nice in the photo at least. I really enjoyed my C4 and seeing yours brings back memories.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:22 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello, welcome to the PNW section of the forum! I'm planning to hit both XXX and E@RTC this year - hope to see you there!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:49 AM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Originally Posted by MaxDaemon
Hello, welcome to the PNW section of the forum! I'm planning to hit both XXX and E@RTC this year - hope to see you there!
Saturday April 4th (weather permitting) is the first E@RTC this year! Looking forward to it.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:12 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by HeavyLifter
Saturday April 4th (weather permitting) is the first E@RTC this year! Looking forward to it.
MM .. hope the gravel and nasties are off the passes by then. I may make it over if it's nice - and clear.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:20 PM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Originally Posted by MaxDaemon
MM .. hope the gravel and nasties are off the passes by then. I may make it over if it's nice - and clear.
With how dismal the snow season has been, I bet they'll have Chinook Pass open in early April. I can't wait to take the Vette for a ride over highway 410.

Do you cross I-90 most of the time?
Old 03-09-2015, 05:23 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

With how dismal the snow season has been, I bet they'll have Chinook Pass open in early April. I can't wait to take the Vette for a ride over highway 410.
That's one of my favorite drives...up to that pass stopping at Tipsoo Lake for a very relaxing stroll around its perimeter. Lots of other good hikes some of which include stunning views of Mt. Rainier.

Another nearby favorite is the road up to Sunrise. Really great hiking trails there as well.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:56 AM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Do you cross I-90 most of the time?
I almost invariably go over I-90, but I've never had a Corvette to drive before! I bought my '94 the last day of September and she's been in the garage the whole winter. Looking forward to doing all sorts of little trips this summer - oddly enough, partly because of the near doubled gas mileage my 'Vette gets over my pickup ..

Get notified of new replies

To New Member/Owner - Redmond, WA

Old 03-10-2015, 02:12 PM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats! You will always be driving with a grin on your face now. I am in Sammamish and you can find me in Redmond as my office is at Westpark. I also plan to be at Exotics at Redmond Town Center on opening day (April 4th). I'll be watching for you on the streets around the Eastside!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

welcome! your c4 appears to be in pretty good shape for it's age! that's cool that your boy is so in to cars at such an early age. not over on the east side a whole lot, mostly around Everett->Seattle, but maybe we'll meet up at an event at some point.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:17 PM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Originally Posted by 00Midnight
Congrats! You will always be driving with a grin on your face now. I am in Sammamish and you can find me in Redmond as my office is at Westpark. I also plan to be at Exotics at Redmond Town Center on opening day (April 4th). I'll be watching for you on the streets around the Eastside!
Thanks! I know right where Westpark is - I pass it when leaving the gym to head to work.

Originally Posted by Entaille
welcome! your c4 appears to be in pretty good shape for it's age! that's cool that your boy is so in to cars at such an early age. not over on the east side a whole lot, mostly around Everett->Seattle, but maybe we'll meet up at an event at some point.
Thank you. It's really not in bad shape for being close to 20yrs old. At 97k miles, it def. hasn't always been daily driven. Aside from the paint issues it does have, I really haven't found many issues. I've driven it to work a few times while there are still some free parking spots on the west side of Lake Union. The weather has been too nice not to drive it!

Yeah, our son has been into cars for a long time! I remember him citing the different makes of cars in parking lots as early as about 4yrs old - that said, the Vette has been a long standing favorite of his... Here he is checking out a C4 when he was 5 - giving it a very serious eye

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member/Owner - Redmond, WA