Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Snohomish County Chev Dealer Corvette Tech..?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 10:04 AM
mlicker
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Snohomish County Chev Dealer Corvette Tech..?

Are there any good dealer techs up in Snohomish County? New owner here with a 2008 C6 (love this car) and need a leaking oil pan fixed. I know Speedway seems to move a lot of Vette's through Joe Knows. Maybe they have a good tech? How about Roy Robinson in Marysville. Any one with experience at either dealerships?

Thanks in advance for the reply!!
Old 03-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Tim Q
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darren at Speedway is their Vett tech. Good guy and knows what he is doing on a Corvette.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I have an irrational distrust for dealerships but the two you mentioned are the two I have some experience at. I can't really vouch for their mechanics though, I've only brought my vette in to one (roy robinson) for a master cylinder warranty replacement. I know Butch there, I don't think he's the actual vette tech, but he oversees them, and he really takes care of his customers!

I typically lean towards enthusiast / performance shops for non warranty work. I'd be interested to hear what your experience is wherever you end up going, I haven't really found a place that I trust for vette work yet. I try to DIY most things..
Old 03-24-2015, 09:39 PM
N9PHW
Intermediate

We have been happy with Speedway servicing our Volt. Haven't had the Vet in there yet but they will be fixing a couple things on it soon. We just bought it over the weekend and it needed a couple small repairs.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:00 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Snohimish County....but take my car to Jordan at Issaquah Chevrolet....been with him for 10 years.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:05 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Since I have a C5Z and its never needed any real service, well.... I did use Issaquah Chevy when I wanted to get my Z to recognize the TPMS sensors I had mounted. The Tech and I fumbled though it for 20+ minutes but finally got it. No charge. Thought that was quite nice of him...
Old 03-25-2015, 04:51 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
I'm in Snohimish County....but take my car to Jordan at Issaquah Chevrolet....been with him for 10 years.
"Snohimish" County? I think now I know where my Dewar's went. Is Snohimish sexist? At least it's easier to pronounce - and spell - than Snohermish.

Last edited by last901; 03-25-2015 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Because Walter can't spel any word right
Old 03-25-2015, 04:53 PM
N9PHW
Intermediate

Originally Posted by last901
"Snohimish" County? I think now I know where my Dewar's went.
But that is the way my GPS pronounces it!
Old 03-25-2015, 05:32 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by N9PHW
But that is the way my GPS pronounces it!
Did you happen to buy your car in Montana?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:58 PM
N9PHW
Intermediate

Did you happen to buy your car in Montana?
Nope, picked it up at Speedway last weekend. It doesn't have Nav though. I'm still using a 5 year old Garmin in the older cars.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Phil, have you been banned you from the boat shop....again?
Old 03-25-2015, 11:48 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Phil, have you been banned you from the boat shop....again?
No such luck,given the projects underway. What makes you ask? Want to come help me remove rust from the bowels of an old trailer? I'll give you a T-shirt.

Seems I've become the default master of hatch latches lately and have been trying to find some parts that will fit the old trailer for the "Pay n' Pak". Seems kind of strange trying to find this sort of thing since I would have looked to the old Pay n' Pak store for these things. I'll try McLendon's tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:51 PM
mlicker
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
I have an irrational distrust for dealerships but the two you mentioned are the two I have some experience at. I can't really vouch for their mechanics though, I've only brought my vette in to one (roy robinson) for a master cylinder warranty replacement. I know Butch there, I don't think he's the actual vette tech, but he oversees them, and he really takes care of his customers!

I typically lean towards enthusiast / performance shops for non warranty work. I'd be interested to hear what your experience is wherever you end up going, I haven't really found a place that I trust for vette work yet. I try to DIY most things..
Had excellent service done by Speedway. The service writer had a bit of an issue when I asked him how many Corvette Techs they had, but the end interactions were well with him. They seem to sell and service quite a few of them. Also have other cool stuff there, like a 34 Chevy Big Block and Cigarette type boat they were working on. Cool to see old school stuff still being seen at dealerships. All in all good. I hope the leak stays away now. They said it is pretty common on all LS engines. Something about the machining on the oil pan face leaving machine step that need to be sanded down is what I gathered.

I also do my own work, but the vette is new to me and the out of state dealership in TX where I bought it stated they would help me with the cost of the repair after selling me the car stating absolutely nothing was needed. They would up splitting the bill with me after we drove it home from there and discovered the leak after putting almost 4k miles on it. I am happy with that and think it was fair.

Last edited by mlicker; 03-26-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:29 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

No such luck,given the projects underway. What makes you ask? Want to come help me remove rust from the bowels of an old trailer? I'll give you a T-shirt.
I have the T-Shirt.....I need the pants!
Old 03-26-2015, 04:12 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I have the T-Shirt.....I need the pants!
From the photo you sent, you really could use a better pair of pants. I've heard of hair shirts, but...
Old 03-29-2015, 08:35 PM
69_Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 219 Posts

From the photo you sent, you really could use a better pair of pants. I've heard of hair shirts, but...
we had speedway fix an oil leak on our 07 and they did a great job under extended warranty.

I must aadmit though, our purchase through Joe was very disapppointing.
he promised some special treatment for my bride and not only failed to provide at delivery he forgot to mention we were keeping the vanity plates from our c4 trade in. they had the ***** to send us a bill for the new plates we never received and nevere used!

Admittedly minor details however they were clearly disucussed and totally ignored by Joe after deal was made.

We received a nice car but the detais were important and ignored by Joe. I'd happly share even more if asked. Joe literally blew me off when i asked about it.

Service department so far is A Plus

Scott
Old 03-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

If you are not having work done under warranty then consider Brad's Custom Auto just off Lake City Way (exit 175 on I-5).

I've been taking my vettes there for the past 10 years and recommend them highly. They specialize in corvettes & mustangs.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:03 AM
AYello1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my '07, used, from Roy Robinson in '10 and got good deal and was treated fairly. They sold the car new, as well.
Eighteen months later I finally got a good look under the car and discovered the oil pan leaking. It wasn't dripping on the garage floor, but there was definite seepage all around the gasket and 3/4 of the way down the sides of the pan. I was two months away from the expiration of the powertrain warranty and even though I wasn't the original owner, They took care of it under warranty, no questions asked. In one morning at 10:00 am, out the next day at 8:30 am. Don't know the name of the tech, but he/she did a very clean & tidy job (I lifted the car when I got home & checked). I would go back if I run into anything else I can't handle on my own.

Get notified of new replies

To Snohomish County Chev Dealer Corvette Tech..?

Quick Reply: Snohomish County Chev Dealer Corvette Tech..?