Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Can anyone help me out ? (Seattle area)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 03:30 AM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Can anyone help me out ? (Seattle area)

Hey all,

I'm finishing up my Grand Sport from doing some maintenance over the winter and I just found out I'll need to drive it this coming weekend (4/3-4/5) because issues with my daily driver. Which wouldn't be a problem, except that I sold my wheels a few weeks back and the new ones I ordered aren't slated to show up until next Tues-Weds (4/7-4/8).

I was wondering if anyone had a set of Z06/Grand Sport wheels and tires (or even just a set of bare wheels as I ordered brand new tires and would gladly pay to mount/dismount them) I could borrow for a weekend?

Please PM and let me know!

Thanks
Old 03-31-2015, 01:14 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

Sucky man :/ I just sold a set of wheels recently. Hopefully someone on here can help ya out. Worst case scenario, you could rent a car for a day or two, would be inconvenient for sure though
Old 03-31-2015, 01:59 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Sounds like this would be a PITA for both parties. I would just rent a car.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:12 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

I love story problems....

a)OP has a GrandSport
b)willing to pay to mount and dismount tires on wheels
c) wants to borrow wheels and tires
d) renting a car not one of OP's solutions ???

If a+b+c+d= E; Determine E

Just guessing, but could E equal Turn 2 track event this weekend????

Old 03-31-2015, 04:17 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Forget it guys, honestly - I've offered help to folks on here and finally ask for something myself and everyone wants to speculate or just poke fun. I'm sorry I figured the affluent folks of the Puget sound area might have a set of stockers in the garage they didn't mind loaning for a weekend in exchange for a case of beer or something.

I'll rent a car... Was just hoping to drive MY OWN car as it's supposed to be nice this weekend last I checked and it'd have been enjoyable be able to use it while GF is in town for the weekend.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:33 PM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol
Old 04-01-2015, 11:12 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't blame the OP for wanting to drive his Vette instead of a rental! Obviously if he's willing to go through all the extra work, he's a true Vette enthusiast!

Wish i could've helped, but no extra wheels lying around - and they would've been the wrong size (narrow body) anyway.

One thing to consider though - I've taken my Vette in for 3 tire changes, and come back with 4 scratched wheels - all from state of the art, "touchless" mounting equipment. I've gotten to know the Wheel Wizard in Bellevue really, really well!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
I don't blame the OP for wanting to drive his Vette instead of a rental! Obviously if he's willing to go through all the extra work, he's a true Vette enthusiast!

Wish i could've helped, but no extra wheels lying around - and they would've been the wrong size (narrow body) anyway.

One thing to consider though - I've taken my Vette in for 3 tire changes, and come back with 4 scratched wheels - all from state of the art, "touchless" mounting equipment. I've gotten to know the Wheel Wizard in Bellevue really, really well!
yeah.. it's always a risk you take with tire mount and balance unfortunately. you have to find the right tech to do the work, it's not just a certain shop or certain equipment.. . my friend referred me to Jacob at discount tire in lynnwood (19414 44th Avenue W
Lynnwood, WA 98036), I brought in some new forgestars and mich. pilot super sports to them. I raised my concerns with him up front and he ensured that only he and his most trusted tech would be the ones to touch the wheels. they used some pretty clever tricks to spare the wheel from ever really being touched, hid the wheel weights perfectly, kept them clean during and after the process. I was really impressed with their service level and will keep using them! usually wouldn't dare bring that sort of job to a chain shop, but they proved it's really all about the technicians doing the work.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:55 AM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Entaille
yeah.. it's always a risk you take with tire mount and balance unfortunately. you have to find the right tech to do the work, it's not just a certain shop or certain equipment.. . my friend referred me to Jacob at discount tire in lynnwood (19414 44th Avenue W
Lynnwood, WA 98036), I brought in some new forgestars and mich. pilot super sports to them. I raised my concerns with him up front and he ensured that only he and his most trusted tech would be the ones to touch the wheels. they used some pretty clever tricks to spare the wheel from ever really being touched, hid the wheel weights perfectly, kept them clean during and after the process. I was really impressed with their service level and will keep using them! usually wouldn't dare bring that sort of job to a chain shop, but they proved it's really all about the technicians doing the work.
Ironically I've had the Firestone right here in Issaquah do all my wheels (on many cars) with no issues. Really friendly service and timely too. The have a services adviser or two who are enthusiasts so that helps

Get notified of new replies

To Can anyone help me out ? (Seattle area)

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me out ? (Seattle area)