Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Please Recommend a Local C7 Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:12 PM
rccarson
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

FWIW;
Edmark Chevrolet has been my go to dealership for new chevys.
They have always been able to order what I wanted.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:03 AM
Indiancent
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Gentlemen, I am the neighbor.
Thank you Fred for starting this conversation, I posed the price question on the general forum and received a lot of good input.
I found a car close enough (I can probably pick it up on Sunday).
Here the BUT:
It does not have the Z51 package and the mag ride option.

It has however the ZF1 appearance package, LT2 package and all the interior comforts including heads up display. It also has the performance exhaust and the black wheels that I wanted.
Price is 64K.
If I just want to cruise and enjoy occasionally some spirited driving, why pay for the suspension upgrades and the mag ride to make it more bearable for 95% of the driving? I used to race with IRDC
but those days have passed.
Guess I am not sure if the lack of Z51 and mag ride will cause the car to depreciate even faster and shrink the group of potential buyers that may want the car when I am ready to sell?

I attached a picture of the car.

Since this is my first Corvette purchase and I am not very familiar with this market, I'd appreciate all your thoughts. Thanks so much.
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2015, 08:23 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

I personally would go for the Mag Suspension Option, it just works much better then regular shocks no matter what is thrown at it. Better comfort, and better performance when you want it.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:16 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
I personally would go for the Mag Suspension Option, it just works much better then regular shocks no matter what is thrown at it. Better comfort, and better performance when you want it.
Good advice, I'm sure, John, but this is yet another example of why it often becomes difficult to buy a new Corvette. How is one to understand things like how well the Mag suspension works vis-a-vis the "standard" suspension. I presume it does add cost to the price of a new car. What about the other popular options like the Z55 package, et al.

I wonder if many people have ordered all the "cool bits" only to find themselves disappointed once they received their car?

That's one of the things that is so great about this forum. There's plenty of good advice and, locally, a chance to drive one of the Forum Members cars to check out the various options.

For example, I'm thinking I might need a red C6/ZO6 with say, oh... 850 HP and I don't like the stock wheels nor the exhaust, but it has to be red. I'll bet you there are any number of them on this forum and somebody's going to offer me just what I'm looking for, at least for an afternoon. Oh, wait.. never mind.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:03 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Its easy, look how well the ZL1 Camaro all of a sudden starting out handling the Mustang etc, cause they added the Mag shocks Gen 3 to it. Same with Caddy CTS V's, they are a huge jump in suspension technology, with a modern CPU it figures out parameters in 100th of a sec, springs and gas powered shocks don't have a chance compared to that.....not even in the same ball park. The original Camaro looked good, handled like crap on the track, just changing to those made it a contender. Now Ford is making it an option on the new GT350. You'll see a lot more cars come with it over the next 10yrs...
Old 04-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Indiancent
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Thanks very much, Fred. I'd be happy to help your friend in any ways that he'd like, even if it's only to serve as an information resource.

Just a point of info...we're now in the final two weeks for placing orders for 2015s. Many dealers won't have allocations until the first 2016 consensus which is just around the corner. If he wants a 2015 he'll need to act quickly. I don't yet have any concrete info on changes for 2016 other than that there will be a new color or two and there will be a few minor trim options (e.g. colored interior stitching, possibly some different exterior stripes, etc.). I've heard absolutely nothing about any big changes. I've also heard nothing about whether or not there will be a price increase at the start of 2016 production. I expect that we'll get a complete report of 2016 changes at the bash in Bowling Green on April 23rd but at that point it will be too late to order a 2015.

If it was me, at this point I'd order a 2016. There's something kind of cool about owning the newest model for what would end up being the better part of a year!
Mike,
I am the neighbor, I left you a message on your work phone today. Please give me a call when you get a chance. Thanks so much.

Quick Reply: Please Recommend a Local C7 Dealer