Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Before you go to trade your white C6 Z06 to the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 01:46 AM
mr84monte
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Before you go to trade your white C6 Z06 to the dealer

Hello gang, I joined the forum long ago, but didn't really post too much. It took awhile for me to get to this point but I'm finally ready to start looking for my unicorn aka the white C6 Z06. I've done much research and know that my best chance is a 2007 RF Z06. I think it's a bit funny to call it a limited edition since there were more of those (300 in the USA) made then all the other years combined (149 (I'm not counting the 2013 427 ed), I just can't see paying an extra $8-$9k because it's white. I plan to give my search about a year, before giving up and going with another color.
But basically I just wanted to say that if you are thinking about trading yours in on a new C7 (or whatever) please contact me via PM first before trading. I've been seeing a couple turn up lately at the dealerships, and you know as well as I do, they aren't offering the same money that a private sale will. Thanks and hope to be around more often. FYI, I'm in WA, close to the Federal Way (ish) area.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:19 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Welcome to the forum...

Have you tried AutoTrader? I had a specific color I had to have and used that resource to find my car. I had to fly down to Oregon and drive it back up here because I couldn't find one in this state at a price and with the features I wanted.

A nation-wide search is not out of the question for some Vette owners I know. Relatively speaking, there seem to be fewer Corvettes available in this part of the country compared to the south and the east coast.

Good luck with your search.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:44 PM
mr84monte
Advanced

Originally Posted by Red Racer
Welcome to the forum...

Have you tried AutoTrader? I had a specific color I had to have and used that resource to find my car. I had to fly down to Oregon and drive it back up here because I couldn't find one in this state at a price and with the features I wanted.

A nation-wide search is not out of the question for some Vette owners I know. Relatively speaking, there seem to be fewer Corvettes available in this part of the country compared to the south and the east coast.

Good luck with your search.
Thanks for the input, yes, I've nationwide searches set up on Hemmings, Autotrader, and Ebay to notify me of any new Z06's (not everybody lists the cars as being white) on top of that I look at "dailister" which searches nationwide on Craigslist, and another site that checks nationwide dealer listings; then to top it off I check the listings here on the site daily. I'd bid on two of the RF cars on Ebay a total of 3 times, being the high bidder on the last two with reserve not met. I know they are asking $49k, but if I'm going to pay that much I'll either get a 09-13 or one in a different color with the heads already done or at least some kind of extras.

Also allow me to give back to the board. I pretty much know of every Z06 for sale in the nation, so if any of you are looking for a Z06, let me know what your needs are, and maybe I can help. I promise I'm not a dealer just a guy on a mission, and since I'm already on the hunt.....However, If you get one I get a ride though. Haha
Old 04-10-2015, 03:10 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by mr84monte
Thanks for the input, yes, I've nationwide searches set up on Hemmings, Autotrader, and Ebay to notify me of any new Z06's (not everybody lists the cars as being white) on top of that I look at "dailister" which searches nationwide on Craigslist, and another site that checks nationwide dealer listings; then to top it off I check the listings here on the site daily. I'd bid on two of the RF cars on Ebay a total of 3 times, being the high bidder on the last two with reserve not met. I know they are asking $49k, but if I'm going to pay that much I'll either get a 09-13 or one in a different color with the heads already done or at least some kind of extras.

Also allow me to give back to the board. I pretty much know of every Z06 for sale in the nation, so if any of you are looking for a Z06, let me know what your needs are, and maybe I can help. I promise I'm not a dealer just a guy on a mission, and since I'm already on the hunt.....However, If you get one I get a ride though. Haha
Wow. Looks like you've done your homework alright. At least if you change your mind on the color, you'll know exactly what's out there and where to go get it.

I'm also in the Federal Wayish area and I know how slim the pickins are around here. Let us know when you finally get that car.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Welcome and White is the BEST Color!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Dont forget Craigslist, I lived in SoCal at the time and spent a year looking for my MY 04Z. Started working out from SoCal and going further and further away, found it in Great Falls Montana, Eye doctor was selling it. Bone stock with $1K of clear bra and 17k miles. Spent 3 weeks trading emails, flew up there, negotiated the price, went to the bank, then spent two days driving home with the biggest grin on my face. Took lots of pics and will never forget that road trip. Have bought 3 cars out of state and all 3 have been fantastic deals.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:46 PM
mr84monte
Advanced

Originally Posted by JETninja
Dont forget Craigslist, I lived in SoCal at the time and spent a year looking for my MY 04Z. Started working out from SoCal and going further and further away, found it in Great Falls Montana, Eye doctor was selling it. Bone stock with $1K of clear bra and 17k miles. Spent 3 weeks trading emails, flew up there, negotiated the price, went to the bank, then spent two days driving home with the biggest grin on my face. Took lots of pics and will never forget that road trip. Have bought 3 cars out of state and all 3 have been fantastic deals.
I want that grin Haha

As far as why it has to be white? The majority of my cars have been white, and now it's just kind of my thing. First thing out of peoples mouth when I said that it's time for me to get the Z06 was "are you going to get white". To which I replied I don't think so, because they'll be to hard to obtain. I had 4 guys say you won't be happy with another color and always wish you got white. Maybe they are onto something.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:08 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

its worth it getting what you want, it may takes months, and a long flight, but in the end its worth it.

FYI, I drove straight down the 15 from Great Falls, Montana, through Idaho, spent the night in SLC, got up and headed to Miller motorsports park, told the dude at the gate my story, he handed me a pass, and said I could have the run of the place. So I headed in and took lots of pics. (Yamaha was renting the track for the day) Then got back on the 15 and drove home. (lower Utah all 80mph speed limit, great fun!)
Old 04-17-2015, 05:36 PM
zet06
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

On the '07s remember that the motors after Jan 2 have problems, I had a Fellows and put the Comp Cams trunion kit in ( $140.00 from Summit) before the needles started coming out of the rockers. It had 7K miles and 1 rocker had already started to fall apart. GM changed suppliers on Jan 02/ 07. Any examination should include looking at the tag on the pass side to see who built and when and check the service records very closely.
Also check very closely the ( phony) carbon fiber around the ashtray. Common separation in that area as its very small. It'll cost you 500 bucks for a new console ( gm parts direct) if its damaged. Mine got that way cause I kept coins in the ashtray.
Good luck on your search. You might try looking at Alberta because of the dramatic price drop in oil, lots of folks dumping their toys. Easy return to the USA. I know of 6 there.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:09 AM
mr84monte
Advanced

Originally Posted by zet06
On the '07s remember that the motors after Jan 2 have problems, I had a Fellows and put the Comp Cams trunion kit in ( $140.00 from Summit) before the needles started coming out of the rockers. It had 7K miles and 1 rocker had already started to fall apart. GM changed suppliers on Jan 02/ 07. Any examination should include looking at the tag on the pass side to see who built and when and check the service records very closely.
Also check very closely the ( phony) carbon fiber around the ashtray. Common separation in that area as its very small. It'll cost you 500 bucks for a new console ( gm parts direct) if its damaged. Mine got that way cause I kept coins in the ashtray.
Good luck on your search. You might try looking at Alberta because of the dramatic price drop in oil, lots of folks dumping their toys. Easy return to the USA. I know of 6 there.
I did mot know that, I just figured that they were all built at the same time. But I just saw that there is a large numerical gap between #222 and #288 (326 cars according to the vin). Thanks for the info. I've been following the threads on the valve seats but this is a whole new issue to look for. Any idea how long that lasted?
Old 04-19-2015, 01:45 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Hey, the RF Z06's listed for $7500 more than the other Z's that year, so to the owners, I can see where it would justify asking $8k more. There are those who appreciate that kinda stuff

And, they were limited in the fact that they have Rf's signature in two places and red interior.

The limited isn't just "limited" to white

BTW, don't forget the maple leaf in the fenders stripes!!

Get notified of new replies

To Before you go to trade your white C6 Z06 to the dealer

Quick Reply: Before you go to trade your white C6 Z06 to the dealer