Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Off Topic - decking materials

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 03:15 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Rohey
Phil .....Here is my deck just finished last week (well still working on on the skirting but otherwise done)

AZEK Decking (100% PVC but looks has very realistic wood look to it). Very low maintenance especially with the outside mount aluminum railing

Picture framed in darker color and decking run at 45 degrees. Framing is 12" OC. all hidden fasteners so no nail or screws showing!
That's beautiful, Roger. AZEK is considered to be the best. It is expensive though. I like the two-tone motif. I went with TREX, but in their transcendence line, which is a "capped" composite. Costs about halfway between "Basic" TREX and AZEK. Hell, at my age, I certainly see no real need to build a 50-year deck. Besides, since I live on the other side of the tracks from your estate I couldn't justify a Lexus deck in a Toyota neighborhood. Know what I mean.

I especially like that fire pit or whatever it's called. I should look into that myself in lieu of two dozen new Tiki torches.

Looking forward to seeing you sometime and getting a closer look at your new car. Love that color.

Quick Reply: Off Topic - decking materials