Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Going to Chuckanut

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Received 332 Likes on 219 Posts

Default Going to Chuckanut

It's the NW equivalent of Muholland drive. Love seeing some fantastic scenery and watching some Ferrari's and Porsches fly by. Weather should be good
Old 04-18-2015, 10:16 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hary Gahtoe
It's the NW equivalent of Muholland drive. Love seeing some fantastic scenery and watching some Ferrari's and Porsches fly by. Weather should be good
I've been meaning to make this drive as well! Tomorrow would be a great day...
Old 04-18-2015, 11:37 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

We did the drive this past Thanksgiving. Lunch at the Oyster Bar isn't bad either.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

My son has done video work for eGarage in Seattle. I'll see if can dig up video he did for a friend on Chuckanut Drive. He's gone to Pebble Beach and besides the cars even that area pales in comparison to Chuckanut Drive on a warm sunny day.
Tomorrow we're taking our Mercedes SL500. I'm still working on our 92 Roadster. I put on new brakes, Lowered the suspension and a full Poly suspension replacement. I haven't had enough time to road test it before I push the car on a fast twist road. Soon but regretfully not tomorrow. Momma's car is pulling duty for this one
Old 04-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Default Chuckanut Drive Video

Old 04-25-2015, 04:59 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
Lunch at the Oyster Bar isn't bad either.

Maybe it's because the last time i "did" Chuckanut Drive I was on my Sport Bike. Be aware of rocks on the road. They fall off the cliffs or ridges on the edge of the road. Still, it's a wonderful drive and Mark, you're right about the Oyster Bar. Really good stuff. There's another restaurant along the drive too that has really good oyster stew, Can't remember what it's called, "Oyster Creek Inn" maybe?

Is it fair to say though that any group tour will find it difficult to deal with the limited parking opportunities. IMHO this is not the best tour for a large group or a bunch of goofballs trying to run over the tour leader. (I won't mention names here, but they rhyme with Walter, Aaron and Joe)
Old 04-25-2015, 05:07 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by last901

Is it fair to say though that any group tour will find it difficult to deal with the limited parking opportunities. IMHO this is not the best tour for a large group or a bunch of goofballs trying to run over the tour leader. (I won't mention names here, but they rhyme with Walter, Aaron and Joe)
I have no idea of what you are talking about...

Old 04-25-2015, 05:42 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Red Racer
I have no idea of what you are talking about...

Actually this tour included Joe Walden (last name disguised to protect the guilty). Long before we had the pleasure of meeting you. That said, I suspect you would do the same thing as the "other" Joe.

The whole story is rather innocent, but Walter likes to embellish it whenever he gets the opportunity to talk about it.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:29 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually this tour included Joe Walden (last name disguised to protect the guilty). Long before we had the pleasure of meeting you. That said, I suspect you would do the same thing as the "other" Joe.

The whole story is rather innocent, but Walter likes to embellish it whenever he gets the opportunity to talk about it.
Well, to Phil's credit, I'm sure he was peddling as fast as he could.

That said, the truth is I've seen orange cones move faster than Phil.....in fact, he frustrated Joe W. so much he quit the Forum.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:06 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
Well, to Phil's credit, I'm sure he was peddling as fast as he could.

That said, the truth is I've seen orange cones move faster than Phil.....in fact, he frustrated Joe W. so much he quit the Forum.
Joe W knows driving... he has a corner named after him on HiWay 20.

One time he left me like a 16 year old shoplifter being chased by a 40 year old cop on 11 TopPot donuts.

When guys go into hibernation, it usually means they've been in their man cave planning
Old 04-26-2015, 03:50 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
One time he left me like a 16 year old shoplifter being chased by a 40 year old cop on 11 TopPot donuts.
Now that's funny. I can use that on a few people.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Today was the day. Chuckanut was kind of cool and overcast but still a great drive.
With our C4 Roadster I am still ironing out some wrinkles suspension wise so this was a excellant way to judge how the chasis is responding. Worked way better. The sun poked out thru the clouds and made for an enjoyable afternoon.
Now it's back home for some deeper wrenching and and even higher control level.
Looking forward, I'm up possibly for a day others might find time to soak up some sun and car culture.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:37 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Today was the day. Chuckanut was kind of cool and overcast but still a great drive.
With our C4 Roadster I am still ironing out some wrinkles suspension wise so this was a excellant way to judge how the chasis is responding. Worked way better. The sun poked out thru the clouds and made for an enjoyable afternoon.
Now it's back home for some deeper wrenching and and even higher control level.
Looking forward, I'm up possibly for a day others might find time to soak up some sun and car culture.
Just curious; did you drive into Fairhaven or Bellingham? Did you stop at the Oyster Bar or any of the other eating spots?

Now you can watch car commercials on TV and see how many were filmed on Chuckanut Drive.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Just curious; did you drive into Fairhaven or Bellingham? Did you stop at the Oyster Bar or any of the other eating spots?

Now you can watch car commercials on TV and see how many were filmed on Chuckanut Drive.
I've stopped at the Oyster Bar on many occasions but not today.
The better half loves Mambo Italiano in Fairhaven so we ate there. Great pasta, good comfort foods. It's right on the corner of 12th (which becomes Chuckanut drive ) and Harris in Fairhaven. Which is the old waterfront area of B'ham. We drove all the way in along the waterfront north of B'ham from the airport by Coconut Kenny's and thru the B'ham marina area, past the University and then thru Fairhaven.

Cadillac has used Chuckanut years ago for their CTS ads but I didn't hear who fronted this one

Last edited by Hary Gahtoe; 04-26-2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Keyboard stuck
Old 04-29-2015, 01:33 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The pozole at the BreadFarm is pretty outstanding (in Bow). We almost did a detour up there from Mt. Vernon last weekend just to go get some.

And shucking oysters at Taylor Shellfish is kind of fun.

Chuckanut Manor was a nice stop for dinner.

We have to make the drive up there again soon!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:25 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
We have to make the drive up there again soon!

Get notified of new replies

To Going to Chuckanut

Quick Reply: Going to Chuckanut