Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Mecum Auction experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 05:41 PM
66RBS
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Mecum Auction experience

Thinking about going to the Seattle Mecum Auction in June.

Just want the experience do not intend to buy.

Does the $100 bidder pass get you any more access than the $20/day/person general admission?

If just one day assume Saturday is best day. Could stay 2 days if there is that much to see.

Randy
Old 05-03-2015, 06:32 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts

Ill let ya know when im there haha, my best friend and I are going for the first time that saturday
Old 05-03-2015, 07:56 PM
09C6inWA
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 66RBS

Does the $100 bidder pass get you any more access than the $20/day/person general admission?

If just one day assume Saturday is best day. Could stay 2 days if there is that much to see.

Randy
If you have no intention of buying, I think the difference between the $20 general admission & the $100 bidder pass is you probably get to sit in the seats in front of the cars going by.

I treated it like a car show. Walked around, looked at the cars, watched a little of the bidding and then left.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:50 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 09C6inWA
If you have no intention of buying, I think the difference between the $20 general admission & the $100 bidder pass is you probably get to sit in the seats in front of the cars going by.

I treated it like a car show. Walked around, looked at the cars, watched a little of the bidding and then left.
Treat it like a car show indeed. It may come as no surprise to many of you on this forum how I feel about auctions - especially on TV and particularly B-J.

But I think treating it as a car show is the best idea, even if it does put one out $20.00. Great advice.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Kreuzen
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by 66RBS

Randy
Went last year on Friday - crowd was very manageable, had a good time. If your more into watching the actual bidding/high end cars rolling across the block - you may want to plan on going on Saturday. If your not buying - go with the $20 day pass.

Get notified of new replies

To Mecum Auction experience

Quick Reply: Mecum Auction experience