Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Tint shop in south king?

Old 06-02-2015, 04:43 PM
niller
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint shop in south king?

I called a place that I had used before but they mentioned the dots at the top of the rear window and said that there might be issues. Sounds like they don't do vinyl/paint or any of the other mitigating methods I've seen mentioned on CF.

Anybody know of a shop that they like or know has done a lot of corvettes? Preferably they can tint over the dots without issue, but I'm open to the vinyl option as well.

I saw someone mention Darkside off Lake City Way, but would prefer to stay in the south around kent-tacoma. I will drive for quality though, anyone else used these guys?
Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Have light issue with the dots on my C5Z, but its no big deal...don't really notice it.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:45 PM
niller
8th Gear

i think i'll try the green brillo/scotch pad on the dots for them and see how it goes. appt is this weekend so i'll post the outcome pics soon.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:28 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Mr Tint and Sun in bellevue does great work at fair price. He will do the Vinyl in the top of the rear window. I had the windows on my prior car tinted there and they were perfect.

Years later he did my corvette and I was unhappy with the driver window, he proved to me that the glass was defective (due to the tempering process the glass goes through, some windows will have a stripping effect that becomes much more notable with the tint on).

Even though he did nothing wrong he didn't charge me anything for redoing the window, if that's not standing behind your work I don't know what it is.

Last edited by TonyCool; 06-06-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:09 AM
niller
8th Gear

No luck with the dots, I may have been too gentle with the scrubbing though. Like everyone says, it's hardly noticed unless you hunt for the right angles.

Shop was great, went to Auto Tint NW in Lacey.

Last edited by niller; 06-09-2015 at 03:13 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tint shop in south king?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tint shop in south king?