Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

PCM issues

Old 07-04-2015, 03:44 PM
yellowvette1992
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default PCM issues

It appears my PCM is going bad. New fuel pump when it is cool it starts but if engine is hot or weather hot it won't start. Friend pulled it off the other day after it would not start(Sitting in sun all day) put it in refrigerator for 5 min reinstalled PCM and car fired right up. He said they are prone to failure when it is hot. It is a 92 6 spd w/100K. I have issues with the CCM also but one problem at a time. Any body know any where in the are to get PCM repaired. Thank you.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:18 AM
mcdonald77
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowvette1992
It appears my PCM is going bad. New fuel pump when it is cool it starts but if engine is hot or weather hot it won't start. Friend pulled it off the other day after it would not start(Sitting in sun all day) put it in refrigerator for 5 min reinstalled PCM and car fired right up. He said they are prone to failure when it is hot. It is a 92 6 spd w/100K. I have issues with the CCM also but one problem at a time. Any body know any where in the are to get PCM repaired. Thank you.
Might want to shop around but this is what I found doing a quick search. If the $250 included the rewrite from yours to the new one, I think it would be reasonable.

http://www.zip-corvette.com/catalog/...category/7752/
Old 07-09-2015, 08:28 PM
yellowvette1992
Racer

Any body have any experience with SIA electronics on rebuilding ECM's. Also does any one know any mechanics in the Portland Vancouver area that can change my CCM. My mechanic can not do it as you need a Tech 1 tool to reprogram the unit . Appreciate any ideas , suggestions or comments. SAVE THE WAVE
Old 08-04-2015, 09:05 AM
yellowvette1992
Racer

Update had PCM rebuilt by SIA got it back put it in and car starts right up. Drove it to get it hot still started. Let is sit for 5 hrs in hot garage still started and oh yea no more service ASR light or flashing SYS and Security light. Looks like the PCM rebuild fixed all my problems. Cost about 200 including shipping. SAVE THE WAVE
Old 08-04-2015, 08:20 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Good info to know, keeping it in my info file. http://www.siaelec.com/

Get notified of new replies

To PCM issues

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCM issues