Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Some Decent Die-cast Buys

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 05:03 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Some Decent Die-cast Buys

Hope you can open this

http://www.exototifosi.com/s/2/produ...2&showAll=true

These guys drive me crazy but every so often they put something on sale that's difficult to resist. At the price, some of the Corvette Grand Sport roadsters are pretty attractive.

Or, simply sign up for their newsletter. As I say, every so often...

I've got to grab at least one of those Scuderia Ferrari trucks at the price. A bargain if you like that sort of thing.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:37 PM
billla
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

The EXOTO stuff is expensive...but it's really amazing.

As a Chevy guy, I sure miss the Danbury Mint...I was on like a once-a-month thing with them for a long time...
Old 07-10-2015, 07:07 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by billla
The EXOTO stuff is expensive...but it's really amazing.

As a Chevy guy, I sure miss the Danbury Mint...I was on like a once-a-month thing with them for a long time...
It is amazing to be sure. I have several of them, including, I think - all the Grand Sports. It might be my imagination but I could swear that the prices in the link I posted were actually more on some items than they were the day before. Their Grand Sports are stunning and a bargain at $150, but if you get on their mailing list you never know what might come your way.

Danbury Mint does some wonderful cars and from what I've seen are generally superior to Franklin Mint. On the other hand, the prices on Ebay are often half what the Danbury Mint models bring. FM Corvette models can often be had for < $50 so make for a reasonably priced collection. The 1:24-scale is also nice for collecting as it doesn't take up as much room. (or Rooms, in my case. Must be time for a big sale.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:04 PM
billla
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14

Might be time for a little photo sharing

I have the EXOTO #80 Grand Sport and it's amazing right down to the Weber linkages.

This is a small part of my Danbury collection - the DeLorenzo racer is just stunning. Kind of a cruddy pic, but you get the idea

IMHO, the Franklin stuff isn't anywhere near what the Danbury stuff was in terms of detail or finish - my understanding was that somehow the tooling was destroyed and the decided to get out of that end of the business.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:18 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Might be time for a little photo sharing

I have the EXOTO #80 Grand Sport and it's amazing right down to the Weber linkages.

This is a small part of my Danbury collection - the DeLorenzo racer is just stunning. Kind of a cruddy pic, but you get the idea

IMHO, the Franklin stuff isn't anywhere near what the Danbury stuff was in terms of detail or finish - my understanding was that somehow the tooling was destroyed and the decided to get out of that end of the business.
The Delorenzo car is one that's alluded me for some time. So the one in the photo is a Danbury Mint? Lucky you; any of the Delorenzo cars seem to be increasing in value. Very nice.

Yes, it's about time that some on this forum should share photos again. I know from previous posts that there are some great collections out there. I've taken some photos of my collections, but not all of them, but at least the ones I wanted to send my insurance company.

I love my Corvette models, but over the years have accumulated so much more, hence the reason for insuring them. For example, if you're familiar with the brand, I have the complete collection of the 1/24-scale "Fuelers" dragster models which I had hoped to display, but think i'm going to have to sell. Along with a lot of other stuff too...
Old 07-11-2015, 03:09 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's a couple of poor photos with my racing Corvettes (most of them anyway) on the middle shelf - all 1:18-scale. My street Corvettes are in another smaller case - all 1:24.

Will try to take some better photos and send them.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:47 PM
billla
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14

That is just an amazing collection! So many favorites in that line-up.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:48 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

That is just an amazing collection! So many favorites in that line-up.

That's very kind of you to say so. I'll try to get some better pictures. I used to have my "street" Corvettes on the top shelf and since moved them to a showcase I bought from Danbury Mint which holds, if not all of the, at least a representation of each generation.

Since then I've put all my Porsche race cars on the top shelf in the display case, but that filled up quickly.

It's clear something has to go and I think my vintager dragsters and funny cars will be the sacrifice. They're made by 1320inc and I have a complete set of the old front engined dragsters, "The Fuelers" That's 26 cars in itself, each one with its unique serial number.

Then there's the related "Diggers" and "Floppers" to sell off.

My hydroplane trucks and models, autographed and some custom-made might be the next to go.

Then I have yet to get my large-scale collection of Pan Am Flying boats and a few other aviation history articles which are amazing but probably not worth mentioning on this forum.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:39 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default More Photos

Took the liberty of trying again to get some shots of my collection. Hope I'm not boring everyone. Still a lot to do.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:30 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Forgot these

Apologies for poor photography. Used different camera.

Still have lots of stuff, but I don't think I'll have enough space for it all. Something's got to go, but not the Corvettes. Or my race cars, or my hydroplanes, nor...

I'm working on the opposite wall in the room and think it will be okay, but I fear it's going to be shelves of those individual one-car display cases. Even if I could affords to have 10' wide by 6' high display case, I'd probably never be able to haul it upstairs.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:04 PM
MACE_Hardware
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

I looked up the 1320inc cars. Wow.

Get notified of new replies

To Some Decent Die-cast Buys

Quick Reply: Some Decent Die-cast Buys