Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

KMcoldcars work on TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 04:46 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default KMcoldcars work on TV

Keith,

Since we didn't take the 'blaster to Seafair this year, I watched the races on TV. Your work on the vintage boats, especially the Oh, Boy Oberto! was obvious in the segments where the Thunderboats were featured.

Brief though it was, your work on the Oberto cockpit showed up well and you can take some pride, I suppose, that 88-year old Art Oberto took his first ever hydroplane ride sitting on your seat. Or on David's lap as the case may be.

Always pleased to show to others your fine work. I presume you're going to come help when Randy's boat rolls into the shop. I know you've already started with doing the driver's seat on that project. Hope it won't be too much longer before we get going. Randy wants the 'Blaster crew to do the restoration.

How's the new car?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Phil, thank you. I plan on doing more upholstery work on the boats when they are ready for it. For now I will not be coming up regularly to work on them as my situation is changing. I also need to finish the repaint and new upholstery on my 1936 Packard convertible.
The new (to me) Corvette is great. I bought it on a Monday, June 29th, ordered new tires to replace the original 2000 Goodyears, got them installed on the next Monday and took a 4 day trip down the Oregon coast with it. So far it has performed flawlessly.
My driveway this afternoon.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:08 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Very nice collection!

Loved watching the races on TV and thought the final was a bogus call, the red boat with the no longer there wing did not turn in as usual next to the buoy, he went wide and Oberto was following his normal line (and expected the other boat to do the same I'm sure) so the contact was minimal and not something worth a 1 min penalty. Bad call...

Get notified of new replies

To KMcoldcars work on TV

Quick Reply: KMcoldcars work on TV