Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

show and go remote control front license plate - 40$

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default sold

Anyone want this? It came with the car when I bought it a year ago, but I removed it almost immediately, it's just been sitting in my garage.

comes with everything you need - front plate mounting mechanism, the cabling that you run to the battery, mounting hardware, and two remote controls to show and hide your front plate.

it's not c6 specific, but it was on a c6. you could probably hook this up on any car that had the space for it to retract.

40$ - it is used, and the part that the front plate mounts to is missing a sliver of material from one of the corners, but you can't really notice it, the plate covers it and it's minor. I'm in the Everett area.

Last edited by Entaille; 10-06-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: sold
Old 08-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

bump?
Old 08-28-2015, 05:16 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Warning - Product Endorsement
I paid about triple for mine (bought new). I work in Tacoma where you'll be ticketed almost immediately when parked without a front plate. I went with this option to stow it away under the nose but can hit a button to put it up when I'm parked somewhere I think I'll need it. The remote works great - you can put your plate up while sitting in the driver's seat so if you're ever pulled over, hit the button and your license plate will be up on display.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

glad to hear you dig it : ). I think it's a really cool product, and a quality one, too. I figure I'd try here before craigslist or ebay. I'm not terribly concerned about how much it sells for since it came with the car, figured 40$ seemed like a good deal for someone!
Old 08-29-2015, 01:35 PM
350Zimo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post dyno charts as I have asked you before. Also, has that item been tested in a wind tunnel at 200+ mph
Old 08-29-2015, 02:46 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

I presume you have to drill holes in the bodywork ahead of the air dam?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:42 AM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

indeed.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:59 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

bumping one last time, anyone?
Old 09-26-2015, 03:54 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

This seems like a pretty good deal to me. Why aren't there many "bites" on this? I should buy it myself, but have had one of those plate frame assemblies from - can't even remember where I bought it - oh, Top Flight, I think - and haven't even put that on. Probably just laziness on my part.

I like the idea of the retractable plate, but I'm wondering if those on this forum who wanted one, already have one or if there's some downside (forgive the expression) to this set-up. If anyone cares to offer a PM response.

If nothing else, I guess this will raise the topic back TTT.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:48 PM
raiderz
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
Anyone want this? It came with the car when I bought it a year ago, but I removed it almost immediately, it's just been sitting in my garage.

comes with everything you need - front plate mounting mechanism, the cabling that you run to the battery, mounting hardware, and two remote controls to show and hide your front plate.

it's not c6 specific, but it was on a c6. you could probably hook this up on any car that had the space for it to retract.

40$ - it is used, and the part that the front plate mounts to is missing a sliver of material from one of the corners, but you can't really notice it, the plate covers it and it's minor. I'm in the Everett area.

Ok..Good Deal..I'll take it..PM Sent
Ray
Old 10-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by last901
This seems like a pretty good deal to me. Why aren't there many "bites" on this? I should buy it myself, but have had one of those plate frame assemblies from - can't even remember where I bought it - oh, Top Flight, I think - and haven't even put that on. Probably just laziness on my part.

I like the idea of the retractable plate, but I'm wondering if those on this forum who wanted one, already have one or if there's some downside (forgive the expression) to this set-up. If anyone cares to offer a PM response.

If nothing else, I guess this will raise the topic back TTT.
I can't really think of many cons. it's cheap (not because it's junk.. just because it came with the car and didn't cost me anything, and it's a used piece, and it's just taking up space.. ), it is super easy to install. it works well. Aaron already mentioned it's a great product. the buyer was in Canada and was getting pretty nitpicky about shipping costs so if anyone else wants a crack at it before it goes on to ebay, now's the time!

Get notified of new replies

To show and go remote control front license plate - 40$

Quick Reply: show and go remote control front license plate - 40$