Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

GTP Charity Event at the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 08:48 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTP Charity Event at the track

The Good Times Project started as part of the American Cancer Society where they put together camps for kids that are fighting this terrible disease. They created a place where these kids get to have fun and feel normal as they fight. In 2014 the American Cancer Society pulled funding from all camps across the USA leaving our local camp unfunded. Turn2 stepped in and put together a track day where all of the track fees goes to this incredible camp. As drivers of this event, we also get to give rides to these kids. At first, it felt like we were just giving a good time to these kids, but after getting to know these brave kids and having several pass, I realized that we are giving these kids an experience of a lifetime.

For more information, you can get a hold of me, or google The Good Times Project and look under the tab Drive A Thon.

Registration for this track event will be found at www.motorsportreg.com

Be sure to bring a friend!

Old 10-14-2015, 12:07 AM
deepcj7
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default m

I emailed Ridge website about this event over a week ago but got no response.

Originally Posted by tomZ51
The Good Times Project started as part of the American Cancer Society where they put together camps for kids that are fighting this terrible disease. They created a place where these kids get to have fun and feel normal as they fight. In 2014 the American Cancer Society pulled funding from all camps across the USA leaving our local camp unfunded. Turn2 stepped in and put together a track day where all of the track fees goes to this incredible camp. As drivers of this event, we also get to give rides to these kids. At first, it felt like we were just giving a good time to these kids, but after getting to know these brave kids and having several pass, I realized that we are giving these kids an experience of a lifetime.

For more information, you can get a hold of me, or google The Good Times Project and look under the tab Drive A Thon.

Registration for this track event will be found at www.motorsportreg.com

Be sure to bring a friend!

Old 10-15-2015, 02:31 PM
tomZ51
Pro

That is interesting. I am putting on this event and we will be there for the next couple of days. You certainly are welcome to come out and enjoy the festivities and change the life of a kid!
Old 10-20-2015, 10:49 AM
tomZ51
Pro

Update for the Good Times Project charity. Turn2 and the incredible drivers raised just under $40,000 for this camp for kids that have cancer. A special thank you to our Corvette friends that came out and participated! This event changes the lives of the kids, but it pales in comparison to the lives changed by the drivers.

Get notified of new replies

To GTP Charity Event at the track

Quick Reply: GTP Charity Event at the track