Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

I KNEW the kid next door was a jerk...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 03:15 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts
Default I KNEW the kid next door was a jerk...

I was finishing out the drawings on the back of my car yesterday, when the neighbors 15 year old came over to see what I was doing (been with his dad in another state all year until this last weekend), he seemed amazed when I told him I could peel off my paint job...amazed enough to rip it off my car. My wife just told me she caught him ripping huge parts off the car when she came home early from work. I had over 60 hours into the paint job, and the drawings.

She said the paint underneath wasn't damaged, but most of the car was peeled. I did not get a picture, but she said it wasn't pretty...FML
Old 12-03-2015, 04:48 PM
2000 Vette Guy
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. What responsibility is the father or mother willing to take in the matter? Sounds like the kid has some issues....hope his stay is only temporary. Good luck.

Last edited by 2000 Vette Guy; 12-03-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:49 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

We will find out when his mom gets home, right now he is over there by himself. Many, many reasons why I had a Corvette instead of a kid.
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:10 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Wow! I would be pissed!!!!!! So sorry Erik!
Old 12-04-2015, 12:11 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Ouch! I'm not sure what was running through his mind when he did that. I'm 15 myself, but would never do anything like that, especially to a Corvette. Sad to see others can't respect people's property.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:26 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Well, now we know why they ship him off to stay with his father. Yes, I would take action. This is nothing less than vandalism. Probably difficult though since you're dealing with neighbors.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by last901
Well, now we know why they ship him off to stay with his father. Yes, I would take action. This is nothing less than vandalism. Probably difficult though since you're dealing with neighbors.
options
call cops report vandalism
Tell mom to straightened kid out about touching other peoples property
Mom and cops don't do anything, catch kid outside at night in the dark and beat his *** to a pulp
Old 12-05-2015, 05:12 PM
2000 Vette Guy
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Any update as yet? Have you spoken to the police about the matter? Knowing the legal side of it might help with any dealings with the parents. I don't know whats wrong with most of the kids today. Sure there is some good ones but most are so screwed up, it's just to bad. Sad to see what society is coming to. My Dad would roll over in his grave is he saw what today is like.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:32 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
options
call cops report vandalism
Tell mom to straightened kid out about touching other peoples property
Mom and cops don't do anything, catch kid outside at night in the dark and beat his *** to a pulp
Absolutely agree....need to document even if it can't be proven this time. Need to build a case file cause this POS is just warming up and it needs to be nipped in the bud.

Just look at Phil if you wanna know where this is headed......

Very sorry that happened to you.....

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 12-05-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:27 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Erik posted an update on his thread in the C5 General Forum....the Mom has agreed to make her son his slave next spring/summer for cutting grass and other things. Maybe he'll learn something also about being responsible for ones actions...
Old 12-07-2015, 02:15 PM
quantum-theory
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000 Vette Guy
Any update as yet? Have you spoken to the police about the matter? Knowing the legal side of it might help with any dealings with the parents. I don't know whats wrong with most of the kids today. Sure there is some good ones but most are so screwed up, it's just to bad. Sad to see what society is coming to. My Dad would roll over in his grave is he saw what today is like.
Have you sent much time with kids? To say that most are screwed up makes me wonder. I teach high school and am surrounded by many wonderful, loving kids. Sure some are screwed up, but that is mainly due to the screwed up parents raising them. They are our future. Get to know them better. You might be surprised.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:49 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by quantum-theory
Have you sent much time with kids? To say that most are screwed up makes me wonder. I teach high school and am surrounded by many wonderful, loving kids. Sure some are screwed up, but that is mainly due to the screwed up parents raising them. They are our future. Get to know them better. You might be surprised.
Thank you for this post....you beat me to it.

I also teach high school kids and the vast majority of them are really nice and friendly human beings. To say that "most" are messed up is unfair.

Last edited by ExRedRacer; 12-07-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:53 AM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Jet Ninja got it right. I am however in a unique position, considering my wife and I decided not to have children (a conversation we had before we even started dating, and we both strongly agree upon), and that I don't really like kids all that much. I grew up in a daycare, my mother's, and she specialized in system kids, FAS children, drug addicted infants, etc. If there was ever a more definitive form of birth control, I have not yet found it. I can stand kids, but generally on my own terms, and I'm not exactly thrilled that I'll have to deal with one that so recently burned me.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Doc750
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

would it be bad for me to say "he did you a favor"?

j/k man. I'd be pissed as well
Old 12-08-2015, 03:24 PM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by quantum-theory

Originally Posted by Red Racer
Thank you for this post....you beat me to it.

I also teach high school kids and the vast majority of them are really nice and friendly human beings. To say that "most" are messed up is unfair.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:59 PM
seattle
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

WOW! Obviously that kid has problems. I agree with Walter he is probably going to get worse. The cops should be involved. I'm sorry to see all your hard work destroyed for no good reason.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:18 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by seattle
WOW! Obviously that kid has problems. I agree with Walter he is probably going to get worse. The cops should be involved. I'm sorry to see all your hard work destroyed for no good reason.
Bruno, I presume you're not making reference to Walter's remarks about me, are you? I mean, he's right; I wasn't the paragon of good behavior when growing up but I did have principles. I never stole a car from someone I didn't know for example. I almost always returned them in better condition than when I took them, save for a few gallons of gas, but hey, Walter on the other hand is an example of why some animals eat their young. I mean that in the most kind way, of course.

I realize this forum is not the best place to cast aspersions, but clearly this thread prompted Walter to violate the rules (as usual)

But, to the point. Are there any updates on Erik's kid next door?

Get notified of new replies

To I KNEW the kid next door was a jerk...

Old 12-18-2015, 05:21 PM
patriotpa
Melting Slicks

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I agree with calling the police.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:12 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Bruno, I presume you're not making reference to Walter's remarks about me, are you? I mean, he's right; I wasn't the paragon of good behavior when growing up but I did have principles. I never stole a car from someone I didn't know for example. I almost always returned them in better condition than when I took them, save for a few gallons of gas, but hey, Walter on the other hand is an example of why some animals eat their young. I mean that in the most kind way, of course.

I realize this forum is not the best place to cast aspersions, but clearly this thread prompted Walter to violate the rules (as usual)

But, to the point. Are there any updates on Erik's kid next door?
No aspersions....all public record.....according to Mary.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:29 PM
C5 Dawg
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

If you haven't already done so, notify your insurance company of the vandalism to your car. They will pay for the repairs (minus deductible) and then try to collect from the kid's parents, including your deductible. This way, any potential hard feelings by the mom may be directed at the insurance company and not you. And you get the wrap fixed.

Quick Reply: I KNEW the kid next door was a jerk...