Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Anyone loking for last minute Christmas gifts - Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 05:39 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Anyone loking for last minute Christmas gifts - Corvette

I've been going through all my collections and trying to rationalize what I have, what to keep and what to sell. I found a few things that I no longer need but don;t want to list them individually.... I will sell hem cheap though.

I have Hugo Prado print of the '57 Sebring Corvette still in the shipping tube $10

I have a few Franklin Mint Corvette models that are still in the boxes I'll let go for $35-$40

I think I have a number of Corvette sales brochures I'll let go for $5.00 to $10 each.

Don;t have time to list everything on Ebay and am just looking to find a home for some of this surplus - but new - stuff.

With Christmas almost upon us, I can't ship anything so you'll have to pick it up. We live in Sammamish, just north of Issaquah on the Pine Lake Plateau. Also have a bit of Ferrari stuff, but I'm not trying to start a flea market here, jus trying to help out a few people, like me, who haven;t yet started their shopping.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:03 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Pics would be ever so helpful Phil....
Old 12-24-2015, 06:45 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JETninja
Pics would be ever so helpful Phil....
Yes, I considered that John, but didn't really have the time to sort through everything and take things out of boxes, etc. For some reason, the forum no longer alerts me to when I have some activity on a subscribed post.

The whol idea came as a last minute thought when it became apparent I was not going to have enough room to display all my Corvette stuff. I may end up buying another display case, but in he meantime figured if I didn't gt it al out, then may as well offer it up. For example, I started to display all my Franklin Mint Corvettes but ran out of rom in even a 6' case. I had to rationalize. For example, I have models of all 3 years of the C1 cars ('53. '54 '55) but since they all looked much the same in scale, just used the '53. Likewise with a few other generations.

I may eventually start selling off some stuff on Ebay, but with certain exceptions the most I could hope to get for some of these things on Ebay would be about what I paid for them. Adding shipping and handling and I'd be at a loss....

I just thought someone locally might be looking for a last minute gift, but I probably should have posted the notice sooner.

All is okay. Your suggestion is well taken. Maybe I'll try again next year, but post earlier. I have too much stuff, but it's all stuff I like and not many duplicates.

Thanks again. Have a Merry Christmas and give my best to Jacob. Why don't you give him a large allowance and me his personal Email and I'll work directly with him. Just sayin'.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:35 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to see what you have if you ever get the time. You said you have Ferrari stuff too, do you have an actual Ferrari? Just curious

Last edited by FruiTay; 12-31-2015 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:51 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FruiTay
I'd like to see what you have if you ever get the time. You said you have Ferrari stuff too, do you have an actual Ferrari? Just curious
Nope. Sold a few, brokered some, drove thousands of miles in them including 2 trips to Monterey. Exciting cars, fun to drive fast, but never actually wanted one. That's not to say I wish I had bought one when hey were relatively cheap (I sold a 330GTC for $8500 a 246GTS for $55000, considered a 250 GTL for $4500, but it smoked badly).... Shoulda' coulda' woulda' . I very happy with my C6 Corvette coupe which I bought new nearly 10 years ago..

I do have a few Ferrari items left, but not very much. Bgi item I'd like to sell is a full set of Cavallino magazine, Issue #1 through #149, inclusive. All in perfect condition. #1 is a reprint, but everything from #2 on is first edition.

Would like to get $900 for the set, but will consider offers. I really don't have room for these anymore. Check Ebay listings, people ask thousands for these things.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone loking for last minute Christmas gifts - Corvette

Quick Reply: Anyone loking for last minute Christmas gifts - Corvette