Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Eastside repair shop recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 01:50 AM
Mwtpde
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Eastside repair shop recommendations

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations on body shops on the Eastside? I was rear-ended tonight on hwy 518 in my '14 C7 Z51. I was stopped but the person behind me didn't notice the slowdown. He clipped the corner of my car doing 40+ mph as he did an emergency lane change to avoid the collision. He almost made it. Damage to my car, on the surface, appears to limited to the rear fascia (upper and lower), plus the rear fenderwell and possibly the rear quarter panel. Car was drivable with no obvious damage to wheel, frame, or suspension components. I am thankful for no injuries, it could have been much worse.

I have used RnR in Bellevue in the past and have been impressed with their work. However, Geico is paying for the repair and they are steering me to use Service King in Redmond. I would prefer using a shop that has experience with Corvettes. Looking at some of the web feedback on Service King I don't necessarily get a warm and fuzzy about their Corvette experience or experience with high end cars in general. As with most people with nice cars, I am extremely particular about my car and I don't want a sloppy repair job. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

On another topic, I am concerned this repair could end up on Carfax, causing diminished value on the back end for me. Does anyone know how Carfax gets their info and what the threshold is for making an entry on a vehicle?
Old 01-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Washington State law allows you to use the body shop of your choice. GEICO can recommend but you can ignore them.
Carfax gets their info when insurance money is used to repair the car. Your car will have a slightly lessened value when it is time to sell it.
I would take the car to a good shop, preferably one that knows Corvettes. Many people have had very good results with Corvettes of Auburn, including me. They fixed my 2002 Z06 after it was rearended and worked on a couple of other Corvettes for me with very good results.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:11 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never had an accident on the corvette but I had on some previous cars.

I had a very good experience with Millen Autobody. They did a repair on a car I used to own that was painted in a candy color. I did not know how many layers of paint where on it, so it was next to impossible that they would be able to match the color but they did match it perfectly. If they could match that color I think the can match anything, they were also quick (couple weeks) and the quality was top notch.

I've heard great things about Corvettes of auburn, but I have only used them for mechanical repairs not for body work.

Bodyworks Auto Rebuild, do really good quality work but are not great at matching even factory colors. Many people I know have had good experiences there though.

Definitely stay away from:

Killer Paint (or you will not see your car for years).
Accurate Auto Body (or the quality of the job won't be good).

I wish I could help more.

Tony

Last edited by TonyCool; 01-07-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:44 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

stop into Bellevue Auto rebuild in Bllevue... they do high end cars.. I know several that would recommend them .. I hav not had any damage over the years -- but I would put them on my list to see and discuss.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:25 AM
Mwtpde
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you guys for the recommendations. I really appreciate the input. I have a few places to visit tomorrow to check out.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:29 PM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Showcase in Kirkland is independently owned and very very good. I have taken DDs and show cars to them and always been pleased. As is the case in that business sometimes they don't quite get it right but they make it right on a priority basis.

Lonnie (sp?), the owner, prides himself on top quality work. When you go look at the classic cars on his storage rack and that in itself will tell you that people trust him.

Get notified of new replies

To Eastside repair shop recommendations

Quick Reply: Eastside repair shop recommendations