Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Clubs or shows or...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 11:01 AM
DATeem
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Clubs or shows or...

Had my 89 vert for about 8 months here on the Oregon coast. Thus far I have not been able to find any active clubs in the near area. Looking for others who may be meeting for coffee or events in Newport, Lincoln City area. Hoping someone can point me in the direction of show locations, clubs etc.
Thanks, Dave
Old 02-12-2016, 12:27 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 919 Likes on 465 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

Dave,
There used to be a club in Newport, but I'm not sure if they are still active now.

Here is a partial list of some clubs in Oregon. You might check their websites for upcoming events. Lots of active clubs in Washington also.

Mt. Hood, Rose City and Northwest Corvette in Portland, Vancouver area.

Capital City and Willamette Valley in Salem area.

Beaver State in Albany.

Cascade in Eugene.

Pacific Coast in Coos Bay / North Bend.

High Desert in Bend / Redmond.

Rogue Valley and Southern Oregon in Medford area.

And check back here in the PNW forum often. Get-together are announced here quite often throughout "Corvette season".

Old 02-12-2016, 01:32 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mt Hood meets every 2nd Thursday At Stark Street Pizza on Stark St just W of I205 at 7:30 and there is also the Willamette Valley Corvette Club that meets the "1st Thursday" of each month at Capital City Chev,in Salem at 6:30 and then after the meeting go to Walerys Pizza in West Salem. We have belonged to both clubs for many years and great group of people and active on drives and going to shows. As a matter of fact both clubs are meeting to go to EOLA Winery this Sunday (sorry full-65couples) the club sites are: mthoodcorvettes.com and williamettevalleycorvettes.com.
Both clubs have members with all ages of Vettes.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:56 PM
DATeem
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Folks. I found the listing for the old club in the Newport area and they are not active anymore. I did run into a guy last year who had been a member and was hoping to get the club active again but have not heard from him and now can't remember his name damnit.

As soon as I get the 89 a little more reliable (have to get new tires and exhaust) I will try to make it to one of the meets. I just don't trust it yet to drive too far from home. Roads around here are getting a little boring, as is the crappy weather.

I am just trying to get a little more involved to learn more about the car and have some fun with it. I did make it to a couple of car shows in Lincoln City last year and there is a gathering around Loyalty Days of Corvettes. We missed it last year due to traveling.

I hope to meet some of you folks in the near future. In the meantime I spend quite a bit of time on the CV forum. It is an excellent resource and keeps my enthusiasm up.

All the Best,
Dave
Old 02-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Rogue C6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DATeem
Thanks Folks. I found the listing for the old club in the Newport area and they are not active anymore. I did run into a guy last year who had been a member and was hoping to get the club active again but have not heard from him and now can't remember his name damnit.

As soon as I get the 89 a little more reliable (have to get new tires and exhaust) I will try to make it to one of the meets. I just don't trust it yet to drive too far from home. Roads around here are getting a little boring, as is the crappy weather.

I am just trying to get a little more involved to learn more about the car and have some fun with it. I did make it to a couple of car shows in Lincoln City last year and there is a gathering around Loyalty Days of Corvettes. We missed it last year due to traveling.

I hope to meet some of you folks in the near future. In the meantime I spend quite a bit of time on the CV forum. It is an excellent resource and keeps my enthusiasm up.

All the Best,
Dave
I believe the old club's name was the Oregon Coast Corvettes. You might want to check in at Gold Chevy in Newport, I think they were the sponsor of that club. We used to do the Loyalty Days Parade in Newport, but I think that ended with the club. There is a show in Lincoln City at Chinook Winds. It is strictly a Corvette show, but there are quite a few.

Get notified of new replies

To Clubs or shows or...

Quick Reply: Clubs or shows or...