Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Washington Dealerships - Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 03:19 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Washington Dealerships - Service

Hey folks,

I'm trying to find a service department that can give me a time and cost estimate for installing parts on a C7 that I want to get courtesy delivered (no, I'm not telling the local guys that I'm going to get a courtesy delivery, just that I already have a car). Located around Redmond/Bellevue in Washington but any dealerships within an hour-ish drive are fine by me.

I have used the contact forms on 6 local Chevy dealerships websites and Bellevue Chevy was the only one that replied - telling me to ask a body shop instead (seriously, a dealership that can't install side skirts or a front splitter even?). Another one I've called 4 times now and they say they'll email me so I can reply to them, and not once have they actually followed up. I knew Chevy dealerships were bad, I didn't expect the kind of service I get for my BMW, but this was a far cry from how bad I thought it would be.

If anyone has any contacts in the area at the dealerships' service departments or something, I really could use them.

I can't install these myself - trust me, it's a combination of not having the space, tools and time and wanting to be careful with a new car.

Only one of the autobody shops (Queen City) in the area really did reply to my queries with an inflated estimate.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:20 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Try Corvettes of Auburn...

if they can't help you -- probably can't be done..
Old 04-03-2016, 05:05 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Interesting thread. Wonder why the dealers are so reluctant to fit some accessories to your car? I know some accessories are dealer installed, but not sure that includes your splitter and other pieces. Did you actually speak to the shop manager or one of his/her minions? I know most shops are closed on Sundays. Some on weekends.

Re Queen City, yes they are high, but I've used them several times for bodywork and they are pretty good. The only time I've had an issue, however small,was when I had some rear end bodywork done on my Acura CL. The paint match was great, but the gap between the bumper cap and the bodywork was way off. Thy fixed it no problem, but I left with the feeling that perhaps thy give work on some "lesser" cars to their less-experienced technicians. Can;t say they do, just wondering.

One place you might try is TAJ collision in Issaquah. http://www.tajcollisioncenter.com . I had a chance to visit them to get an estimate on my DD Mazda and was very impressed with their shop and the photos of work they've done on some high end cars. I didn't use them for the repair as I was more or less able to fix it myself, but if I need any work in the future I will give them another try.

I've heard great things about Corvettes of Auburn though...

Last edited by last901; 04-03-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:28 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder
Try Corvettes of Auburn...

if they can't help you -- probably can't be done..
I would have to agree.

Don't go to a dealership for things like that.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:37 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Alright thank you guys! I'll reach out to Corvettes of Auburn. I'll also try talking to Taj Collision. This has been helpful.

I agree that Queen City can be trusted and does amazing work, however their time estimate was way too much for the work I wanted done - leave alone the shorter estimates I've seen on the forums, they were even more than the estimates delaerships themselves have given to folks I know in other parts of the country.

Get notified of new replies

To Washington Dealerships - Service

Quick Reply: Washington Dealerships - Service