Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

GMC/Pontiac shows?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:33 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Default GMC/Pontiac shows?

I have two cars that have never been shown, reasonably high end restorations:

1969 Pontiac 2+2 427/390 4-speed
1970 GMC Sierra Grande Custom Camper Longhorn 396

I don't know that I want them judged (ie: I don't want to be captive all day long!) but if there are any good local Seattle-area shows that you think would be a good "first reveal" for either of them, please let me know.

The Pontiac, being a '69 2+2 Canadian car, is equipped with a Pontiac 427, which we all know is just a Corvette 427/390 badges as an "Astro Jet". That might offend some Pontiac loyalists, but... it's factory, baby!
Attached Images    

Last edited by davepl; 04-25-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:56 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Look like nice cars. I've seen Canadian GTO's before - well, one of them anyway - at the XXX Muscle car show. So you might be able to get the Pontiac into that show - although I think this year's event has passed.

There is occasionally what has been termed an "Orphan Car" event, featuring things like Corvairs, Plymouths, Kelvinator refrigerators, but I know of none this year. Check the Cruzin' Magazine calendar.

http://www.cruzinmag.com/calendar.html

Sounds like what you need is to find somebody who judges at such shows. That said, I think you may actually enjoy simply showing both the truck and the Pontiac and not hoping for an award first time out.

Frankly the nature and format of local shows differ from one event to another. Some deal with accuracy, some little more than a cleaning contest.

I'd check the internet for local marque shows and go from there.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:46 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Actually there were no Canadian GTOs, just regular old GTOs up in Canada. Although I never saw a pre-1970 Lemans up there so I'm not even sure we got GTOs, or whether the few I saw were imported.

But there were "Pontiac Chevelles" that were Beaumonts, and "Pontiac Novas" that were Acadians, and so on. Mine's an Impala SS underneath Pontiac-Bonneville appearing bodywork.

I'm not hoping for any awards, just figure its time to bring them out!

Last edited by davepl; 04-26-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To GMC/Pontiac shows?

Quick Reply: GMC/Pontiac shows?