Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

LSX tuner in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:23 PM
mr84monte
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default LSX tuner in Seattle

Does anyone have a a favorite tuner in the area?

The car has a Lingenfelter tune (plus other goodies) on it (bought it that way). In the documentation it says that it was tuned for 93 octane fuel (guessing because it was a Florida car where they may have 93). Anyway some people say that 1 octane won't matter. Lingenfelter on the other hand told me to get it re-tuned, in which case Tom Wong in Vancouver, is a local tuner for them, He hasn't responded to my phone call or email Sooo..... Looking for other options. Until then I'm adding a couple of gallons of race fuel to a tank of gas to make 93
Old 04-29-2016, 03:02 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

I don't want to steer you away from here, but you can try Puget Sound Muscle or LSX NW Facebook pages. They might have better answers.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:05 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts

Carb Connection in Redmond did mine. Stand up guys. They even did a pretty comprehensive street tune along with the dyno to dial it in. If you want the best though, you gotta travel to the Portland area for Tommy Wong. He is a HIGHLY regarded tuner in the Corvette world.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:03 PM
mr84monte
Advanced

Originally Posted by 919cw313
I don't want to steer you away from here, but you can try Puget Sound Muscle or LSX NW Facebook pages. They might have better answers.
Thanks for the advice I'll check them out.

Originally Posted by ErikwithAK01
Carb Connection in Redmond did mine. Stand up guys. They even did a pretty comprehensive street tune along with the dyno to dial it in. If you want the best though, you gotta travel to the Portland area for Tommy Wong. He is a HIGHLY regarded tuner in the Corvette world.
How long did the tune take them? I was thinking 3-4 hours. I don't know is Tommy is busy, on vacation or what, but they just haven't gotten back to me.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:15 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts

It took about 1-2 hours. You'll want to call more than a week ahead for any tune job around here, if you want to get in on a weekend.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:42 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

They do tune for 93 octane in Florida. I currently have a Mercedes E63 S wagon with a Renntech tune. Renntech is in Florida. My car runs fine on our 92 octane and although it is down slightly on power, it is only marginal and not enough to justify mixing race fuel.

I used to have a Lingenfelter 427 TT and had Alex who owns www.carbconn.com due some custom tuning on it. I recommend giving him a call.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:10 PM
mr84monte
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
They do tune for 93 octane in Florida. I currently have a Mercedes E63 S wagon with a Renntech tune. Renntech is in Florida. My car runs fine on our 92 octane and although it is down slightly on power, it is only marginal and not enough to justify mixing race fuel.

I used to have a Lingenfelter 427 TT and had Alex who owns www.carbconn.com due some custom tuning on it. I recommend giving him a call.
I'm not worried about being down on power as much as I am detonation. I'm guessing if Lingenfelter is telling me that it should be retuned, that they tune it pretty close to MBT. I'll try giving Alex a call, thanks for the info.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Do you know who at LPE advised you to tune it? Graham Behan was their senior engineer years ago. I don't know if he is still there or not since Ken took over but I would talk to Graham if you don't get any satisfaction with anyone else. They usually have very safe and a bit conservative tunes. Retuning over a single octane point doesn't sound very necessary to me. Just my .02
Old 04-29-2016, 10:28 PM
350Zimo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed Secrets in Monroe! Hit up Ellis. The dude lives and breaths LS motors.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:22 AM
mr84monte
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
Do you know who at LPE advised you to tune it? Graham Behan was their senior engineer years ago. I don't know if he is still there or not since Ken took over but I would talk to Graham if you don't get any satisfaction with anyone else. They usually have very safe and a bit conservative tunes. Retuning over a single octane point doesn't sound very necessary to me. Just my .02
It was Tim, Guess he didn't say it would harm it but said
"You will not see enough octane gain from any booster products to really raise the octane ratio to 93. Where are you in Washington? We might have a dealer near by that could re-tune the car on 92 octane fuel to make it right. "
Old 04-30-2016, 12:40 AM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mr84monte
It was Tim, Guess he didn't say it would harm it but said
"You will not see enough octane gain from any booster products to really raise the octane ratio to 93. Where are you in Washington? We might have a dealer near by that could re-tune the car on 92 octane fuel to make it right. "
Tim is a salesman at LPE and not one of the tuners, mechanics or engineers out back.

I am in Everett and the link I referenced in my first post is who I would recommend in this area. I would give Alex a call and tell him your situation. He has a Dynojet and is very knowledgeable.

Tom Wong is good also but somewhat geographically inconvenient to most of us in the greater Seattle area.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:53 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Last time I was at Wong's, the floor at the rear of his shop was starting to separate. Maybe the rear of the shop is in the ravine now. He really does good work, but being mostly a one man operation, is difficult to contact at times. Vancouver is more inconvenient for me, driving from Pasco; but he's worth it, IMO.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:14 AM
mr84monte
Advanced

I think Alex is going to be my man, spoke with him today and he asked me the right questions, said Tom Wong is great but kind of far away, Plus they are an authorized Lingenfelter dealer. On top of that, they are open Saturday's. The bad part is they just raised their tune pricing.

Get notified of new replies

To LSX tuner in Seattle

Quick Reply: LSX tuner in Seattle