Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Fenders on Front Street

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 07:38 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Fenders on Front Street

I happened to be perusing the Cruzin' Magazine calendar this afternoon and realized the annual car show along the main street in Issaquah is this Sunday. I've always enjoyed this show for its variety of cars.

Just thought I'd mention it in case y'all were looking for something to do.

Besides, it gives me an excuse to show off our test session on Friday with the Blue Blaster. Somebody filmed it and put it on You Tube. No big deal other than the engine held together and we got to try a couple different props. If you have no interest in hydroplanes, ignore me. But I hope I'll see some of you on Sunday in Issaquah.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:29 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Went to the annual Fenders on Front Street Show this morning. Wonderful assortment and variety of cars. Lots of the local cars I'd seen before, but even at that there is so much to see. I have to say hat having this on Fathers' Day is a great idea. Saw lots of, presumably, Dads with their kids telling them all about the cars.

There was some activity over at the XXX as well, but I didn't get over there to see what that was about. Great weather too.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:39 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Phil, Carol-Jean and I were there but, unfortunately, we did not see you. There were a lot of great cars there. Here are a few.

1958 Porsche 550A Spyder.

1931 Buick Convertible Coupe.

1957 Corvette

454 Corvette

Reproduction Auburn Boattail Speedster built for Alice Cooper.
The following users liked this post:
last901 (06-20-2016)
Old 06-20-2016, 03:49 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

I wanted to stop by but was busy prepping my Vette for a track day Friday....looked like a good turnout from what I saw from Gilman...
Old 06-20-2016, 04:00 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JETninja
I wanted to stop by but was busy prepping my Vette for a track day Friday....looked like a good turnout from what I saw from Gilman...
It was a great turnout, John. Almost too much to see everything and then there was the near-perfect weather.

I wish I had spent more time there myself. There were a number of cars I found of particular interest and would have liked to talk to their owners. Like that Volvo P1800, the little Porsche 550A and the Triumph people. The DeLorean group was interesting. I used to wonder how these people used to pick out the best one in a show. I suppose they have their process, but they all still look alike to me. Interesting cars though and worthy of any show.

Oh, Keith, Thanks for the photos. That Auburn replica must have a story associated with the paint job.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:54 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Kmcoldcars
Phil, Carol-Jean and I were there but, unfortunately, we did not see you. There were a lot of great cars there. Here are a few.

1958 Porsche 550A Spyder.
Originally Posted by last901
It was a great turnout, John. Almost too much to see everything and then there was the near-perfect weather.

I wish I had spent more time there myself. There were a number of cars I found of particular interest and would have liked to talk to their owners. ............the little Porsche 550A..................
This car belongs to my buddy Steve, he's sitting in the lawn chair. Very nice guy and extremely knowledgeable.

Long time Porsche fanatic who spent 29 years restoring the Spyder. The car has Porsche family (Piech) racing history and has been featured in several articles.

http://www.abcgt.com/blog/item/6-res...-550a-141.html

Wish I could have attended, thanks for the postings.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:51 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Get notified of new replies

To Fenders on Front Street

Quick Reply: Fenders on Front Street