Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Moving to Bethany/Beaverton Area....Looking for Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 05:48 AM
ShaneLU97
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Moving to Bethany/Beaverton Area....Looking for Clubs

Hi
My family and I are moving out to the Portland metro area specifically the west end around 26 as I am taking a new job with Intel.

I am looking for Corvette (and other classic car) clubs in the area of Bethany/Beaverton/Hillsboro, etc with local focus. Most of the clubs I am finding appear more on the east side of Portland or further south.

Also very interested in groups which have a heavy does of wrenching, fixing, helping each other out with projects, etc.

Cheers
Shane
Old 07-12-2016, 06:04 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah I don't know of any clubs in that area. We have been members of Mt Hood Corvettes (MHCC) for many years. It is a very active and fun club. But, we meet in Portland (Stark St and 205 fwy) we have many members in Hillsboro ,and other western areas. My husband and I live near Wilsonville. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the info. Are you going to the High Desert Show this weekend in Redmond (www.highdesertcorvettes.org) we and about 12 other member cars are going to be there
Old 07-13-2016, 06:34 AM
ShaneLU97
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
yeah I don't know of any clubs in that area. We have been members of Mt Hood Corvettes (MHCC) for many years. It is a very active and fun club. But, we meet in Portland (Stark St and 205 fwy) we have many members in Hillsboro ,and other western areas. My husband and I live near Wilsonville. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the info. Are you going to the High Desert Show this weekend in Redmond (www.highdesertcorvettes.org) we and about 12 other member cars are going to be there
Hi - Thank you for the invite. We are about a month out from getting moved but I will hopefully be able to make one this fall. Just looking and looks a bit south from where we will be.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:09 PM
danh52
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

One thing you'll realize about the west is everything tends to be far apart, more spread out than the east. But, in one day you can drive from the beach to rain forest with old growth trees and then see the high desert. A lot of variety here.

Let me know if you need help with the wrenching as I have a very well equipped shop with lift, full fab capabilities and manual machining.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Oh 2 Fun
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '13, '15

Hey Shane, I'm in the area you are moving to and am member of Rose City Corvettes....have been for many years.....but they meet over in Clackamas at 7:30 pm so attending is often difficult both due to traffic and that I get off work at six.

Good club, well established, been through some interesting changes but they have fun raffles at the meetings and do a big show and autocross....good folks and more younger folks than when I first joined.

Let me know when you get into town.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:17 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
I live about 5 mins away from Bethany in the NW Portland Hills. I am a member of Mt Hood Corvettes. There is a Cars and Coffee in the 'Mikes Auto Parts' parking lot every Sunday morning starting at 7:30am. Lots of Vettes. This location is also about 5 mins from Bethany.

PM me when you get into town.

Get notified of new replies

To Moving to Bethany/Beaverton Area....Looking for Clubs

Quick Reply: Moving to Bethany/Beaverton Area....Looking for Clubs