Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

E@RTC July 16

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 05:27 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default E@RTC July 16

Anyone go to Redmond this morning? I had planned to go but slept in and figured by the time I'd get there, people would be leaving.

Would like pics if anyone cares to share.

What's going on at XXX tomorrow?
Old 07-16-2016, 07:11 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Didn't go (went to the Mariners game instead), but this was there:

Old 07-16-2016, 10:38 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Phil, if you have a Facebook account there is a Seattle Cars & Coffee Group and they took tons of pics from today's E@RTC....
The following users liked this post:
last901 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 01:23 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JETninja
Phil, if you have a Facebook account there is a Seattle Cars & Coffee Group and they took tons of pics from today's E@RTC....
I do - or did, have a FB account, but found myself spending too much time at it. I'm sure, given my posts on the Forum, you can appreciate that. Still, if that's what I ned to do to see the pictures, I can certainly do that. Thanks John.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:24 AM
fraziers LT4
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Went to E@RTC on the 16th and they refused me entry (see pic). Had to have a "Z06 or above" was their official line. Will never return.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:56 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fraziers LT4
Went to E@RTC on the 16th and they refused me entry (see pic). Had to have a "Z06 or above" was their official line. Will never return.
I can certainly appreciate your disappointment. No doubt I would probably feel the same way. I am thinking that is not their standard policy, but rather some volunteers' interpretation of "the rules". Although I don't attend regularly and rarely show my car, it is often a great opportunity to see some wonderful cars and talk to the people who own them. Too bad to let someone's error ruin the experience for you. Brush it off; your likely the only person now who remembers the experience. Well, except me and the others who read this thread. I'm still going to go...
Old 07-20-2016, 02:53 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

Not surprised, there was talk of only letting Z06's in end of last year IIRC....
Old 07-20-2016, 04:31 PM
fraziers LT4
Instructor

Originally Posted by last901
I can certainly appreciate your disappointment. No doubt I would probably feel the same way. I am thinking that is not their standard policy, but rather some volunteers' interpretation of "the rules". Although I don't attend regularly and rarely show my car, it is often a great opportunity to see some wonderful cars and talk to the people who own them. Too bad to let someone's error ruin the experience for you. Brush it off; your likely the only person now who remembers the experience. Well, except me and the others who read this thread. I'm still going to go...
They don't really have a hard and fast "policy" although the greeter does have the discretion. Based on what criteria is the issue. I did manage to have a discussion with two persons that seemed to be in supervision that day. One was a very reasonable, calm and rational individual whose explanations certainly revealed the loopholes in their show's rules. The other was a complete testosterone filled pr***k who proclaimed that it is "our show" and you can just F off. I understand that they have limited space but the lot was still 20% empty by 9:30 AM. I attended about three weeks earlier and was parked with no issues. Unfortunately there is no consistency and if one drives considerable distance just to be told at the gate to turn around. Yes, that's a a bit of a white glove slap to the face. Personally I think they discriminate against american cars since there were a number of BMW's, Mercedes and other foreign makes parked that one would consider very pedestrian vehicles.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:48 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

They don't really have a hard and fast "policy" although the greeter does have the discretion. Based on what criteria is the issue. I did manage to have a discussion with two persons that seemed to be in supervision that day. One was a very reasonable, calm and rational individual whose explanations certainly revealed the loopholes in their show's rules. The other was a complete testosterone filled pr***k who proclaimed that it is "our show" and you can just F off. I understand that they have limited space but the lot was still 20% empty by 9:30 AM. I attended about three weeks earlier and was parked with no issues. Unfortunately there is no consistency and if one drives considerable distance just to be told at the gate to turn around. Yes, that's a a bit of a white glove slap to the face. Personally I think they discriminate against american cars since there were a number of BMW's, Mercedes and other foreign makes parked that one would consider very pedestrian vehicles.
Yep, well said. I guess it's partly a matter of having an event, with no admission, no real rules or consistent standards (God forbid this event ever gets that organized) attended by a number of people with a shared interest yet oven diverse means, organized and run by unpaid volunteers who have to get out of bed early on Saturday so that we can all share in the enjoyment of fascinating cars and, well, each other's company.

By and large, these volunteers do a really good job, especially when you consider that they really never know who will show up and driving what.

I suspect, like me, you are proud of what you drive. You probably wouldn't attend if you didn't. That said, consider this isn't a judged show. You didn't pay an entry fee and you didn't miss out on an anticipated award.

So, it's up to you how to respond to whomever greets you upon arrival. If it's some cretin who seems to think your Corvette is not worthy, well, I guess you can go home or just find a place to park and walk over and join the group.

Just sayin' I guess I'd rather spend time just meeting you and sharing our love for what we drive rather than feeling slighted over who gets pride of place any given Saturday.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:48 PM
fraziers LT4
Instructor

Thanks for that, I enjoyed reading your perspective. So much so that I am going return to the show and park in the lot next door and check out some of these amazing machines. Got my eye on their rescheduled Ferrari Day in early Sept. Maybe see you there.
last901 (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 03:16 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for that, I enjoyed reading your perspective. So much so that I am going return to the show and park in the lot next door and check out some of these amazing machines. Got my eye on their rescheduled Ferrari Day in early Sept. Maybe see you there.
Thank you. Save me a parking spot alongside. Maybe we'll just wander over to Starbucks' and share our ideas on why we simply enjoy what we enjoy. Have you met Poodle Girl yet? Nice fellow but he may represent the origins of why the E@RTC is starting to be selective about allowing Chevrolets into the mix.

Seems like there are other opportunities coming up, like the proposed gathering at the new place (The Anderson School???) in Bothell so I see no lack of opportunities for those of us who only know of each other by way of this forum.

Allow me to simply add, reflecting some latent need to belong, that the people on this forum are a likable bunch and have become some of my greatest friends. Whaddya' Think?
Old 07-23-2016, 09:01 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Thank you. Save me a parking spot alongside. Maybe we'll just wander over to Starbucks' and share our ideas on why we simply enjoy what we enjoy. Have you met Poodle Girl yet? Nice fellow but he may represent the origins of why the E@RTC is starting to be selective about allowing Chevrolets into the mix.

Seems like there are other opportunities coming up, like the proposed gathering at the new place (The Anderson School???) in Bothell so I see no lack of opportunities for those of us who only know of each other by way of this forum.

Allow me to simply add, reflecting some latent need to belong, that the people on this forum are a likable bunch and have become some of my greatest friends. Whaddya' Think?
True dat.

Always amazes me that the things that draw folks together is stronger than those things that might drive us apart. And here's hoping that we Americans keep that in mind between now and November.

I will now get down from my soapbox.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:58 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Red Racer
True dat.

Always amazes me that the things that draw folks together is stronger than those things that might drive us apart. And here's hoping that we Americans keep that in mind between now and November.

I will now get down from my soapbox.
Nice comment Joe, though with no good choices in the upcoming election, I have decided to acknowledge my British roots, to the point where I have applied a Union Jack sticker on the back of the C6 Aero Lightweight (1 of 42). Regardless of who wins (doesn't seem as though we voters are going to come out of this very well) I can always say either "It Wasn't Me" or, "I Told you this Would happen"

God save the queen.

BTW, how goes the search for a new Corvette?

Last edited by last901; 07-23-2016 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:44 AM
fraziers LT4
Instructor

Haven't met "Poodle Girl" but it sounds like he may have some stories to tell. Most intriguing. Also intrigued by a possible proposed gathering at McMenamin's in Bothell. Do tell? Although I do try to stay out of Starbuck's due to some high minded principle, a cuppa at some independent shop at any given event sounds real amenable. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:28 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Check out Thom's post on this forum. Monthly meet up in Bothell.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by four0nefive
Didn't go (went to the Mariners game instead), but this was there:

Hi, that's me.
four0nefive (07-25-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 11:19 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Nice comment Joe, though with no good choices in the upcoming election, I have decided to acknowledge my British roots, to the point where I have applied a Union Jack sticker on the back of the C6 Aero Lightweight (1 of 42). Regardless of who wins (doesn't seem as though we voters are going to come out of this very well) I can always say either "It Wasn't Me" or, "I Told you this Would happen"

God save the queen.

BTW, how goes the search for a new Corvette?
Hey Phil...I'm at the place where I'm going back and forth between a loaded '12 or '13 GS or a newer C7. They aren't that far apart given the big discounts some dealers are offering on the C7.

On another note...Got any spare Union Jack stickers?
Old 07-26-2016, 08:33 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

Only C7 I'd think of buying would be the new 2017 GS.....its freaking awesome!

Get notified of new replies

To E@RTC July 16

Quick Reply: E@RTC July 16