Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Exotics @ RTC: 7/23/16

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 09:23 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts
Default Exotics @ RTC: 7/23/16

Good turn out today in Redmond. I got to see the Ford GT up close and in person for the first time, its a really cool car. Only saw 5 or 6 Corvettes this time around, 3 of which were C7 Z06s.

I actually talked with the owner of the white Z06 (I think he's on the forums, not sure though). Very cool guy to talk about cars with. The black Z06 with yellow calipers has spent a good bit of time at the track (as seen from the track map stickers) at VIR and few other tracks.

Pictures as usual:

Full album: https://www.flickr.com/gp/138457320@N03/3c1e15

Last edited by four0nefive; 07-23-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:58 PM
fraziers LT4
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

They only allow Z06 or "above" (whatever that means) into the show.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:27 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Yep, there were a couple more of us in our Vettes but we were "invited" to park outside of the E@RTC area for our convenience... Oh well.

I really liked the two Ferrari 458 Specials that showed up.

I usually hit E@RTC 1-2 times a year so I'll probably go one more time for the Ferrari Day which I believe was rescheduled for Sept. 3rd.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:34 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by fraziers LT4
They only allow Z06 or "above" (whatever that means) into the show.
It means only Z06s and ZR1s essentially.

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
Yep, there were a couple more of us in our Vettes but we were "invited" to park outside of the E@RTC area for our convenience... Oh well.

I really liked the two Ferrari 458 Specials that showed up.

I usually hit E@RTC 1-2 times a year so I'll probably go one more time for the Ferrari Day which I believe was rescheduled for Sept. 3rd.
It's beyond me why any Mercedes AMG car, any Audi S or RS car, and any BMW M series can make it in, but only Z06s and above for Corvettes. I have nothing against any of those cars, but it's confusing how a regular looking sports sedan/coupe is more exotic than a Corvette.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:49 PM
fraziers LT4
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

What put me off a bit when I was there on the 16th was that the lot was little more than 75% parked and this was at 9:15 AM plus I had been twice before in May and June and was waved right in.
But LAST901 gently pointed out that the only one I was short changing was myself if I petulantly decided to boycott. There are some spectacular cars there amongst the ordinary europeans that are admitted.
fourOneFive: nice pictorial on the show, interesting photos. I think they will admit Grand Sports. There was a 75 Coupe there on the 16th which the show runner described as "classic." LOL Nice looking car but as common as Mississippi mud.

Last edited by fraziers LT4; 07-24-2016 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:44 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by four0nefive
It means only Z06s and ZR1s essentially.

It's beyond me why any Mercedes AMG car, any Audi S or RS car, and any BMW M series can make it in, but only Z06s and above for Corvettes. I have nothing against any of those cars, but it's confusing how a regular looking sports sedan/coupe is more exotic than a Corvette.
It's a volume of cars thing actually - there is no strict rule book anyone is going by. Sometimes we'll get an email from an exotics drive coming out of Canada, Spokane, or Oregon and we'll try and make extra room so we're not turning cars away. Sometimes they don't show, sometimes we mess up, sometimes someone newer is working the gate, sometimes someone is rude and we don't care what they're driving (yes, we've turned away Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and McLarens). We've noticed in the past that letting standard Vettes in typically leads to to more cars than the lot can handle, while we only get a few AMGs, S-type Audis, and M type BMWs - and trust me, sometimes we turn those away too, I promise. Vette owners just go to more shows and there are a lot of them from over the years. We'll typically let in one-off cars, classics, etc. The Focus RSs are being allowed in because they're new, but won't be allowed in after next month, and several AMG models won't be allowed in sooner than later. The show has just gotten too big, often running out of parking. If it's any consideration, Porsche Boxsters and Caymans aren't allowed in either unless they're GT4s or R models. If you feel like your car is a special case, talk to Nicholas or Jason who run the show. They're good guys, they just have to keep sponsors happy to keep the show going and free. Come say hello when you see me at the show; that's my white Z06 and I'm typically there every Saturday either just hanging out or helping people park. Always happy to meet new people and most of us love cars of all types.

Last edited by HeyDanNiceShot; 07-25-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:25 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by HeyDanNiceShot
It's a volume of cars thing actually - there is no strict rule book anyone is going by. Sometimes we'll get an email from an exotics drive coming out of Canada, Spokane, or Oregon and we'll try and make extra room so we're not turning cars away. Sometimes they don't show, sometimes we mess up, sometimes someone newer is working the gate, sometimes someone is rude and we don't care what they're driving (yes, we've turned away Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and McLarens). We've noticed in the past that letting standard Vettes in typically leads to to more cars than the lot can handle, while we only get a few AMGs, S-type Audis, and M type BMWs - and trust me, sometimes we turn those away too, I promise. Vette owners just go to more shows and there are a lot of them from over the years. We'll typically let in one-off cars, classics, etc. The Focus RSs are being allowed in because they're new, but won't be allowed in after next month, and several AMG models won't be allowed in sooner than later. The show has just gotten too big, often running out of parking. If it's any consideration, Porsche Boxsters and Caymans aren't allowed in either unless they're GT4s or R models. If you feel like your car is a special case, talk to Nicholas or Jason who run the show. They're good guys, they just have to keep sponsors happy to keep the show going and free. Come say hello when you see me at the show; that's my white Z06 and I'm typically there every Saturday either just hanging out or helping people park. Always happy to meet new people and most of us love cars of all types.
Yeah I completely understand. I'm just glad that we have a nice event where not only can you see all kinds of cars, but also talk with like minded people about cars. For me personally, I love seeing all kinds of cars and not just Corvettes. I do appreciate all the people that help run the event because they do it out of their own time as volunteers.

By the way, I did talk with you for a bit (as I mentioned in my original post). I was the one in the blue Levis shirt that was talking with you towards the end. I dont own a Corvette myself yet (I'm still in high school), but it's my favorite car (theres a few other cars on that list too ) so that's why I'm on the forums. I basically had a nice little photo shoot with your car
Old 07-25-2016, 05:15 PM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Yeah I completely understand. I'm just glad that we have a nice event where not only can you see all kinds of cars, but also talk with like minded people about cars. For me personally, I love seeing all kinds of cars and not just Corvettes. I do appreciate all the people that help run the event because they do it out of their own time as volunteers.

By the way, I did talk with you for a bit (as I mentioned in my original post). I was the one in the blue Levis shirt that was talking with you towards the end. I dont own a Corvette myself yet (I'm still in high school), but it's my favorite car (theres a few other cars on that list too ) so that's why I'm on the forums. I basically had a nice little photo shoot with your car
And we really do love all car people, especially the photographers! They're huge for making the event as big as it is! Nice meeting you; I remember you now! If you want some video or anything let me know and we can go for a drive!
Old 07-25-2016, 06:17 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by HeyDanNiceShot
And we really do love all car people, especially the photographers! They're huge for making the event as big as it is! Nice meeting you; I remember you now! If you want some video or anything let me know and we can go for a drive!
We'll definitely have to go for a drive before my summer vacation is over! I'll contact you through Instagram and we can arrange a day.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:33 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the info, Dan. It adds some perspective other than "it's not a Z06 so you can't park inside."

Last edited by AaronZ51; 07-25-2016 at 07:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HeyDanNiceShot (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 10:13 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Thanks for the info, Dan. It adds some perspective other than "it's not a Z06 so you can't park inside."
No problem! Come say hi if you see me or just ask any of the "thugs" in green where I'm at if my car's there and they'll find me on the radio. Always glad to meet fellow owners. And I remember you and your dog! My girlfriend is the 6'1" Hawaiian who didn't want to stop petting her!
Old 08-01-2016, 04:31 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Most of the AMG, RS and M cars were understandable up until I saw a 02' ML55. I was really baffled by that one.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:03 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
Most of the AMG, RS and M cars were understandable up until I saw a 02' ML55. I was really baffled by that one.
I'm gonna disagree about the ML55. They're actually pretty cool imo, plus how many do you ever see?
Old 08-01-2016, 09:25 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

I'm gonna disagree about the ML55. They're actually pretty cool imo, plus how many do you ever see?
There's a reason we don't see many. A buddy of mine has one and it's a horrible vehicle by his own admission. Let me preface that by saying if it were in better condition I could see the appeal. I will agree with that. Unfortunately, it appeared a bit rough to me.

On the other hand the RRS SC Autobiography, that's a beauty.

Last edited by LEAVINU; 08-01-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:30 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Sorry where are my manners.....

Great pics and thanks for sharing. Hope to meet you the next time out.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:26 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Much better!

Actually, with limited space to park all the cars that think they're "show worthy," it'd be tough deciding who gets in and who doesn't.

Hey, they put on the show every decent summer weekend and it's all volunteers so how much do we have to complain about? Other than not showing off our non-Z06 cars?

On that note, anyone else doing the All-Corvette show at XXX later this month? Now that's a good venue to show off all our cars!
Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Thanks! I'll probably post up before I go next time.

Much better!

Actually, with limited space to park all the cars that think they're "show worthy," it'd be tough deciding who gets in and who doesn't.

Hey, they put on the show every decent summer weekend and it's all volunteers so how much do we have to complain about? Other than not showing off our non-Z06 cars?

On that note, anyone else doing the All-Corvette show at XXX later this month? Now that's a good venue to show off all our cars!
I'm just glad we have people who help run an awesome event. Gives me a good way to spend my Saturdays a few times a year.

Regarding the All Corvette Show, I'll be doing photography for it, so yes I'll be going!
Old 08-02-2016, 05:23 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

New to the area so just confirming you're referring to the Rootbeer drive-in show on the 28th?

Car is still in Atlanta but this sounds like a very tempting reason to bring it out.

Look fwd to meet you guys (and gals if any here).

Get notified of new replies

To Exotics @ RTC: 7/23/16

Quick Reply: Exotics @ RTC: 7/23/16