Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Bodyshops good with fiberglass?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:53 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts
Default Bodyshops good with fiberglass?

Curious if there's any good body shops in the area that are known to be good with fiberglass?

-I'm in Woodinville and there's loads of body shops in the warehouse district, but no idea which, if any are good with fiberglass.
No, nothing terrible happened to my car (not even here yet); just trying to plan ahead for an aftermarket bumper that I'm infatuated with.

Adam

Last edited by NewbVetteGuy; 07-27-2016 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:00 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

well unless you have a C3 or older its not fiberglass its SMC....most quality painters can do wonders if the part you buy is well made most good parts require little prep work especially if you get into good carbon fiber parts

Old 07-28-2016, 12:40 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
well unless you have a C3 or older its not fiberglass its SMC....most quality painters can do wonders if the part you buy is well made most good parts require little prep work especially if you get into good carbon fiber parts

C3. From what I've heard none of even the "good" fiberglass parts are simple bolt-ons; hood, bumpers all of it, from what I've heard requires some extra attention with fiberglass- plus if they're already doing it they can get rid of the seams and I like that smooth, seamless look.

Adam
Old 07-28-2016, 12:56 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy
Curious if there's any good body shops in the area that are known to be good with fiberglass?

-I'm in Woodinville and there's loads of body shops in the warehouse district, but no idea which, if any are good with fiberglass.
No, nothing terrible happened to my car (not even here yet); just trying to plan ahead for an aftermarket bumper that I'm infatuated with.

Adam
Call Dan Tumia at Corvettes of Auburn. He and his crew specialize in Corvettes and all that goes into them. He's done work on my Vettes and I've been very satisfied.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:02 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Can't say for sure, but in my occasional visits and experience with my other cars, I've seen Corvettes at Queen City in Redmond. I've been very pleased at what work they've done for me, though on my Mazdas, and they are approved (certified?) by Audi to work on the aluminum bodied cars. There's often a Ferrari or Mercedes in for some repair so that raises my confidence level above a lot of other shops.

I guess if something happened that I needed to be fixed or painted on my Corvette, I'd head there first. Partly because they are close to where I live.

I've also heard good things about Corvettes of Auburn, but have no first hand experience with them.

Get notified of new replies

To Bodyshops good with fiberglass?

Quick Reply: Bodyshops good with fiberglass?